[Game] Kings @ Pistons, 9 JAN 2024 4PM PST/7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Clippers
2. Nuggets
3. Kings

For the start of the play-off for me ...

And i pray Pelicans not to be at number 6 ....
Maybe it will turn out that it’s the Kings that are actually a bad matchup for the Pelicans once it’s under the microscope of the playoffs lol.

I remember in 2001 the Kings swept the season series from the Jazz by an average of about +25 per game. Kings won the playoff series but lost the only non-close game in the series and barely escaped with all the wins with an average of +3. That was a 1 vs 8. I remember laughing when Barkley said Utah would be a tough matchup because the Kings so thoroughly owned them during the season.

Probably not the case but I remember thinking there was no chance Utah could play with the Kings based on the season and it turned out to be harder than the next series vs the Mavericks..who had owned the Kings during the season but the Kings bounced in 5 in the playoffs. Playoff basketball always reveals matchups unseen during the season.

Yeah, I don't know exactly what it is with Fox. We've seen these ups and downs over his entire career. He'll never have the consistency of Sabonis. To me, he's more like a sprinter than an endurance runner. He looks fantastic when he's fast and feeling good and the shot is going in, but then he'll blow a tire after a while and it doesn't look so good. He missed some games early in the season because of the ankle so it's hard for me to buy the "he's tired" excuse, so I really don't know what it is with him right now.

What do you mean you don’t know. You just laid it out beautifully in every previous word. It is who he is. Fox is not consistent. One of the essential qualities of a leader is consistency and he does not possess that trait. You cannot rely on someone who is inconsistent. He will eventually settle in as one of the best 2nd guys in the league but the sooner we stop trying to force him into a role he is not cut out for the better. The teams identity needs to be built around Sabonis. Each player on this team will be better for it. Just a matter oh how organic the transformation will be.

What do you mean you don’t know. You just laid it out beautifully in every previous word. It is who he is. Fox is not consistent. One of the essential qualities of a leader is consistency and he does not possess that trait. You cannot rely on someone who is inconsistent. He will eventually settle in as one of the best 2nd guys in the league but the sooner we stop trying to force him into a role he is not cut out for the better. The teams identity needs to be built around Sabonis. Each player on this team will be better for it. Just a matter oh how organic the transformation will be.
That's entirely untrue. He's been lights out basically since Domas has arrived here. And btw, he RESPONDED beautifully in this game, finishing incredibly strong after such a rough start.

He's on a rough stretch, but to say he's inconsistent is silly. He's inconsistent/bad in this latest 5-game stretch. Over his last 100 games:

26.1 points
6.2 AST
4.2 RPG
30.8% USG
58.3% TS
34.9% from 3 on 6.3 3PA

I dare you to try and justify how that's "inconsistent"

That's entirely untrue. He's been lights out basically since Domas has arrived here. And btw, he RESPONDED beautifully in this game, finishing incredibly strong after such a rough start.

He's on a rough stretch, but to say he's inconsistent is silly. He's inconsistent/bad in this latest 5-game stretch. Over his last 100 games:

26.1 points
6.2 AST
4.2 RPG
30.8% USG
58.3% TS
34.9% from 3 on 6.3 3PA

I dare you to try and justify how that's "inconsistent"
I’m talking about the human element of showing up on a night in night out basis. You are completely missing the point.

I’m talking about the human element of showing up on a night in night out basis. You are completely missing the point.
qualify it your point then instead of "You just wouldn't understand, dude". The stats say he's been an all-star/All-NBA player over his last 100+ games. Dude dropped 38 in his first ever playoff game. And anyone with eye-balls will see how damn good he's been the second Domas has put on a Kings uni.

Now, he WAS very inconsistent for a while there beforehand with Hali as his running mate. But he's long dispelled that over the last season and a half.

I've only been harping on it the last few games BECAUSE it's been so unusual for Fox to play as poorly as he has over this little stretch. It's been a total outlier for his play under Brown and with Domas. But hopefully his 2nd half gets him going and back to form.

Last edited:

Weird night to bring this up. 3-4 from 3 tonight, 10-19 overall, 26 points, 2 steals, drew a few more fouls with lots of pesky defense. 2-3 years ago DFox having a night like this would be miraculous but he's doing it regularly. Certainly leading by example in steady hard work and improvement. Domas and Monk and now increasingly Keegan have had some nuts offensive performances while Fox continues to chug a long evenly and keeps getting important buckets late game. He also spent all off-season working with Keegan and we're seeing that pay off in a big way. He's playing a great central role in keeping this team winning

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
[Modding]

Man, y'all be wilding while I'm sleep, sometimes.

So, there was a reasonable conversation happening last night, and then in the middle of that reasonable conversation, a couple of you started taking shots at each other, and then a bunch of other people chimed in. Now, I could have either deleted the posts, or edited the posts to remove the personal shots. I opted for the former. A couple of other posts may have gotten yeeted as collateral damage.

In the future, kindly defend your position without taking shots at each other, please and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.