[Game] Kings @ Pistons 1-19 4PT/7ET

the way the Kings played in the third and most of the fourth, this had a loss written all over it. Hield single handedly won this game for the Kings because no one else could score the ball consistently. Kings offense has fallen off a cliff but the W is nice. This may be the only win the Kings get on this road trip by the way they've played as of late.
This changes everything. their confidence shall return with this one

They were 5-20 from 3, hit the last 5 to end 10-25 at 40%
I remember looking at that stat thinking if the were on par with Detroit (3 more made threes in the same amount of attempts) it would be a 1 point game. It was like 95-85 I think at that time.

Man Buddy is streaky! In a good way tho. We spread the shots out a lot but maybe as "crunch time" approaches we should start focusing on getting shots for our true scorers.

Bjelica did hit a huge deep three in the 4th tho.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Watched the last 4-5 minutes again. I thought Bagley did a pretty good job on D except the one drive by Griffin where Bags wrapped him up and Griffin got the and 1. Take that one play away and he was fairly solid.

How about Joerger sticking with the Shump D instead of going with Bogi down the stretch?

Pistons fans are SO salty in Reddit saying Buddy double dribbled. Anyone who knows ball knows that ain't even close to one. Not even saying that cus I bleed Kings.
It was close. In that situation it's a no call. But honestly us Kings fans have been salty about things before. Its the nature of the beast. We got the W in that column. On to the next.

Great defense in last 6 mins and we finally ran plays for Buddy. I don’t think he scored a single basket in the 3rd and he must have had 15-17 pts in the last 5 mins.

By the way, I am curious why the last play is not a double dribble. My quick take was he bobbled the ball but as soon as he got it he took a dribble which then means possession, right? He then picks up the ball and dribbles again to go between the 2 defenders. After watching the replay again, I do think it was a double dribble and I think he froze the Detroit defenders when he took that dribble to step through. Please correct me if I’m not understanding the rule.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I wish I saw that ending. I hope there was imprint on that game from the start/through. I heard Marvin started the second half, and that better be a trend. Beli is toast
Interesting you said that. Kayte said the same in the post game. Bjelica has had about seven straight uninspiring games. It looks like it's Bagley's time to shine.

Interesting you said that. Kayte said the same in the post game. Bjelica has had about seven straight uninspiring games. It looks like it's Bagley's time to shine.
I hope so. I hope it wasn’t matchups for this particular game. Joerger does this earn it thing with the kids, but that’s annoying here. Bagley needs to start

I understand the opponents complaining that’s what they do.
But to pick out one play and not all the extra steps and foot dragging Blake had in the game is kinda hard on Buddy. At the worst is he should of went to the line and won the game anyway.

I still feel the NBA owes us for the laker series many years ago and can never ever make up for their refs incompetence.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
They can gripe all they want but they blew a secure lead and wound up in a one possession game.

I saw some pointing to the beginning of the third period where they got in early foul trouble, but I think in the first half they had an extreme advantage at the free throw line. Refs were generous to the team which is why Blake barking at the refs so much was drawing so much ire.

Although from my poking around there are more than a few Pistons fans who have completely embraced tanking since their cap situation pretty much insures they'll be mired in mediocrity.

Maybe it is time to make the switch with Bagley and Bjelicia. I think Bjelicia might find new life with the second unit and going against second units.
I agree but its not a move Joeger will take lightly. I doubt it will happen until the last game of the trip minimum.

I do think the ushering in of the Bagley era has taken a large leap after how Bagley handled the time between periods when he didnt backk down to Blake and his crap. **** a Blake.

Koz was acting like that “double dribble” was a blatant miscarriage of justice. We see guys mishandle passes, get control, and dribble all the time without it being called a double dribble. Buddy first “dribble” was not a dribble of a handler. It’s a guy who never had possession and gained possession. I guess it could be rose colored glasses but all the times I watched it I was like “...I guess” but I don’t think the refs missed anything. They just made a determination on the nature of the first “dribble”. Either way, this is the NBA, some of the best players in the game have go to moves dependent on the ability to get away with traveling.

I’ll take it either way. Probably the most frustrating game of the season up until the closing Buddy Blitz.

Bjeli is simply playing with no confidence right now. I think it’s time for Bags who had a good game despite only 2 rebounds. I know he was on Griffin most of the time.

Last edited:
It was an 8 to 10 point deficit that felt like 25 all game. Big win as I was starting to think this could turn into the road trip that sinks us. Now, if we can pick up the game in Memphis we are coming home at .500. I’m just hoping we start playing better. I feel like we might we seeing a trade soon to give us some reinforcements.
Who praytell?