[Game] Kings @ Phoenix Suns, 1/16/2024,6:00 PST/9:00p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just lost to the 28-12 Bucks on a logo three in OT and the Suns scored the winning points at the Free Throw line on a foul with 1.1 left on the clock. Yes these are painful losses but hardly cause for a "sky is falling" freak out. I still think there's an easy solution to our problem -- trade some spare parts for a defender or two and actually play our defenders in the fourth quarter. This only-scoring-all-the-time brinksmanship thing going on the NBA right now is not a viable winning strategy.
you are right and that’s logical but I’m still going to throw a shoe against the wall.

I feel like games like this one will happen from time to time. It's just the way the kings play. If they don't suddenly make their 3's and fox goes cold for a period of time.. it's basically game. Sabonis is great for what he does and is a triple double machine, but he isn't that guy u can go to and be like go get me a basket. We need more variation in our offense and defense needs to improve if nothing else.
Unfortunately i agree with this as well. We definitely need someone else we can go to and get more variety in our offense, especially in terms of being able to get to the foul line and make both. They do not have to be a star player IMO

I don't thing Kings play tight or afraid heading into crunch time. But they act intimidated instead of giving intimidation to their opponent. Fox engages in WAY too much trash talk even while walking up to free throw line and then bricking in crunch time - DISTRACTED! Just shut up and make your silent action at the line speak loud. Kings remain worst free throw shooting team in the entire NBA - stupid!!
Exactly, despite how great FOX is, i am so tired of him being so inconsistent at the line. It's always missed a free throw and then making the next or making one and missing the next....like why can't he be consistent?

Maybe variety in the way we lose these heartbreaking games is just what the doctor ordered? Who knows. I thought the Milwaukee game would be enough to get us better focused smh this just sucks man

Just hope losses like the bucks and suns dont have a snowball effect. The Kings have a pretty tough long roadtrip coming up. If they aren't careful they could potentially be staring at a .500 record competing for the 10th spot instead of competing to be top 6.

I feel like games like this one will happen from time to time. It's just the way the kings play. If they don't suddenly make their 3's and fox goes cold for a period of time.. it's basically game. Sabonis is great for what he does and is a triple double machine, but he isn't that guy u can go to and be like go get me a basket. We need more variation in our offense and defense needs to improve if nothing else.
I agree to a certain extent, but we should have flexibility when it comes to our offensive DNA. We play an aggressive brand of basketball, but we need to know situationally when we need to slow it down. Case in point: I don’t recall the specifics but we were up about 12 with 4 mins to go. Fox lets the ball roll all the way down to right before half court. Instead of slowing it down, we go right into dribble handoffs trying to attack. This is where HB gets that offensive foul. 10 secs came off the clock.

Sabonis and Fox lost this game in crunch time with bonehead fouls to give a 90% free throw shooter freebies. Just a complete giveaway
Exactly, you thought being the leaders of the team...you're supposed to be efficient and smart...but ended up making horrible decisions. I think I am going to take a break from watching the Kings.

Exactly, you thought being the leaders of the team...you're supposed to be efficient and smart...but ended up making horrible decisions. I think I am going to take a break from watching the Kings.
Same I think I need a break from this team too. One can only take so much heartbreak lol. Plus the Kings usually win when I'm not watching lol.

The reality is what it is. With where the Kings are at this point Fox has to play pre Pippen Bulls Jordan. Just flat out be cruel to his own teammates. He got waaay too friendly at the end of this one.
There is an interview with MJ - maybe it was recorded after the last dance and he's talking about Luke Longley. MJ kept emphasising his 'every night' mentality vs Luke's Luke-ness. This is something that we are lacking. And I don't think it necessarily needs to come from Fox. We could fill out fourth or fifth option slot with some more consistent vocal leadership.

Only bright-spot I can see from this is this just solidifies that our FO can't sit on their hands if we actually want to try and advance in the playoffs this year. Maybe we could win a playoff series, in the right match-up, but I think it's more clear than ever we're a likely first-round exit if we don't make an actual move.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I’ve been saying this team isn’t anything other than first round fodder all year. Golden State broke me last year; and honestly I’m not bought in and fixed yet. Don’t think I’ve had too many OTT freak outs this year because I find it hard to fully care about this team as built.
you've reached the apathy stage of your fandom and once reached, its hard to get out of it.

I just hope our guys stay together and not point fingers at each other. Mike Brown spoke about adversity and losses just like this before the new season began, as he knows how it can get, especially with growing expectations. They have to stick together through potential trades, rumors and inexplicable losses. There isn't a bright side to a loss like this one, but i do hope they start racking up some wins to help us forget this horrid week.

Only bright-spot I can see from this is this just solidifies that our FO can't sit on their hands if we actually want to try and advance in the playoffs this year. Maybe we could win a playoff series, in the right match-up, but I think it's more clear than ever we're a likely first-round exit if we don't make an actual move.
No doubt about it. I think this increases the likelihood of a trade or two, and maybe including an extra draft pick (if it makes sense) in the deal, rather than being so hesitant or staunch on certain things that would normally make our front office pull out of trade talks. I don't think we'll make any wild decisions that shock everyone, but i do think this front office will do what it takes to at least address one of our desperate needs. No one trade can be a cure all, but we need to cure something.

Status
Not open for further replies.