[Game] Kings @ Pelicans - Friday, Dec. 8 - 5 PT

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Every sign pointed to us losing this one and we easily could have folded and didn’t. Probably our best win of the season.

Oh and by the way, the Pelicans were at full strength.
Rondo didn't play and you best believe he would make sure Davis gets his fair share of touches.

Watching Z-Bo both literally and figuratively smack the crap of Cousins has been the highlight of the year. Z-Bo has got his groove dude looked like he could not play out this season and now looks to be a starting level PF/C again.

Vince Carter has for sometime last 4-5 years been a elite post defender and the guys contributions were huge at both ends.

Kings last year led by "HOFer" DMC in his prime with a veteran supporting cast 9-16 after 25games
Kings this year led by past prime 36 year old un-athletic Z-Bo with a bunch of kids 8-17 after 25 games despite our highest payed player being beyond garbage.

Last edited:
Fox and Mason deserve a lot of credit. The talk will be mason and Randolph, but we do NOT win this one without Fox recovering in the second half, and more importantly, without our coach trusting him to get it together.
Fox was ok in the second half. His play made no difference in the comeback. At all. Hield, Mason, and Zbo were the main contributors to the win. Fox made a few shots off a sagging and apathetic Pels D. Lowry and Derozen will take him to school on Sunday.

Kings last year led by "HOFer" DMC in his prime with a veteran supporting cast 9-16 after 25games
Kings this year led by past prime 36 year old un-athletic Z-Bo with a bunch of kids 8-17 after 25 games despite our highest payed player being beyond garbage.
Great. should yield us another draft pick in the 6-8 range. For a player that probably won't even be here next yr. Where are all the Jakarr Sampson fanboys tonite?

I'd go one further and ask why Dell still has his.
Gentry is a really smart basketball mind and a great guy. Mediocre coach. Davis didn't see the ball at all in the OT. What is this guy thinking? In addition, Rondo and Tony Allen both healthy scratches? Gentry is bewildering. The team went into complete ISO and sleep walking on D, the last few minutes of the 4th and OT. Gentry didn't even bother to draw up a play. A loss like tonite should turn the heat up on his behind. This Pels team has given up double digit leads several times in the last few weeks. Pels should have a much better record than they do

Great. should yield us another draft pick in the 6-8 range. For a player that probably won't even be here next yr. Where are all the Jakarr Sampson fanboys tonite?
Yeah didn't have a good game JaKar nice to see him hit a 3 hopefully he has a bounce back game against the Raps but the foul trouble got him tonight.

O/T - Bear update. The guy down the road about 1/4 mile has a beautiful husky/shepherd mix dog he lets out every night. The dog is known to everyone on the hill. When the dog wants back in, he comes up to the door and scratches on it. Last night, the guy (we'll call him Steve) let Shiloh out as usual. About 20 minutes later, he heard the familiar scratch on the door so he got up and open said door...and looked right into the eyes of the 600 lb. bear!!! He said he shut the door very quickly and then just stood there, trying to figure out what had just happened. This guy is a 4th-generation mountain guy and doesn't rattle easily. As he was deciding if he was going to be faced with the decision of defending his property in the ultimate way possible (yes, that means shooting the stupid bear) the scratching repeated. He wasn't about to open the door a second time so he grabbed his rifle. Right then, he heard a bark. Shiloh was on the porch as usual. To say he was nonplussed by the event is an understatement. He went to the hardware store today and bought a viewer and installed in his door. We're all waiting with baited breath to hear the next chapter.

/end bear report
Did the dog die?

I was thinking about Z-Bo after his monster performance and while some of us might not like how much he's been featured I think we are literally looking at potentially the last time we might ever see a player like Z-Bo again and to me anyway regardless where he is playing it will be a sad day when he retires as a fan of basketball.

His blend of being a chunky lefty, earthbound and just hilarious to watch when he bull's people/dominates more athletically/skillful players and gets in players heads like Cousins/Griffin. His strange combo of body type/game/personality is just hilarious/amazing to watch when he's on.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I was thinking about Z-Bo after his monster performance and while some of us might not like how much he's been featured I think we are literally looking at potentially the last time we might ever see a player like Z-Bo again and to me anyway regardless where he is playing it will be a sad day when he retires as a fan of basketball.

His blend of being a chunky lefty, earthbound and just hilarious to watch when he bull's people/dominates more athletically/skillful players and gets in players heads like Cousins/Griffin. His strange combo of body type/game/personality is just hilarious/amazing to watch when he's on.
He really is the last of the slow, lumbering mean big dudes who dominated the league up until the last five or so years. And to his credit, Z-Bo's addition of a three point shot has really helped to compensate for whatever "athleticism" he's lost with age.

Here is the main difference - the way our teams were structured the past few years we were stuck in purgatory because there wasn’t a lot of upside to our roster. We had DMC in his prime and tried to surround himself with vets. We weren’t stocked with young guys who were naturally going to get better. So, when we won 32 games or whatever we’d get that 6-8 pick and be stuck there each year. And, IMO, DMC isn’t the type of player who can lead a team to 50 games as the main centerpiece. Heck, even with AD he’s 13-13 currently.

Now, if somehow this group of kids somehow ends up winning 32 games then one would expect a natural progression from that as they get into their primes. Fox is 19 years old. He’s going to be a different player when he’s 23! Same with the other young players we have.

We have every reason to be optimistic.

O/T - Bear update. The guy down the road about 1/4 mile has a beautiful husky/shepherd mix dog he lets out every night. The dog is known to everyone on the hill. When the dog wants back in, he comes up to the door and scratches on it. Last night, the guy (we'll call him Steve) let Shiloh out as usual. About 20 minutes later, he heard the familiar scratch on the door so he got up and open said door...and looked right into the eyes of the 600 lb. bear!!! He said he shut the door very quickly and then just stood there, trying to figure out what had just happened. This guy is a 4th-generation mountain guy and doesn't rattle easily. As he was deciding if he was going to be faced with the decision of defending his property in the ultimate way possible (yes, that means shooting the stupid bear) the scratching repeated. He wasn't about to open the door a second time so he grabbed his rifle. Right then, he heard a bark. Shiloh was on the porch as usual. To say he was nonplussed by the event is an understatement. He went to the hardware store today and bought a viewer and installed in his door. We're all waiting with baited breath to hear the next chapter.

/end bear report
Dog doing his business - Oh **** Bear!
Bear follows dog.
Dog Scratches on door - Move your slow ***
Dog says I'm out it's your bear now.
Bear sits on porch - nice view.
Door opens
Bear wtf you come from.
Door closes.
Bear dang no snacks - walks off.
Dog comes back scratches - hurry up slow ass. waiting waiting waiting
Dog barking it's me dumbass, the bear would have taken down the door.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Dog doing his business - Oh **** Bear!
Bear follows dog.
Dog Scratches on door - Move your slow ***
Dog says I'm out it's your bear now.
Bear sits on porch - nice view.
Door opens
Bear wtf you come from.
Door closes.
Bear dang no snacks - walks off.
Dog comes back scratches - hurry up slow ass. waiting waiting waiting
Dog barking it's me dumbass, the bear would have taken down the door.
Probably pretty much exactly what happened. :D