[Game] Kings @ Nuggets - Wednesday, Feb. 13 - 6PT/9ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Games in Denver are never easy. At least this time we're not on the 2nd night of a back-to-back...and this is the last game for the Kings before the All-Star Weekend.

Our new Kings have had a bit of a chance to practice with the rest of the team, meaning we should see more plays involving Fox and Barnes, which I know will bring even more versatility to our offense. This should be an interesting game.

GO KINGS!!

As long as we play hard I'll be happy. However to paraphrase Fox " Anyone who doubted us, that's on you"

Losing this game is not a forgone conclusion. I thinking hitting them in the paint early and often is the key. Can't just go for three's the whole game. We win the paint, I think we win the game.

Kings are just getting started folks and they will win tonight.

Also do not forget that the PDA went to Denver for a while once he scurried away from Sacramento. We Fans showed nothing but respect Coach Malone, PDA on the other hand.................................................

Helps to be legitimately 10 deep when you play a team like Denver. Hopefully, we can keep our foot on the gas peddle. A win tonight would propel us to even higher expectations down the stretch! I think this is the last game we see Bagley come off the bench and I expect him to have a big impact tonight. I just listened to our assistant coach on 1140 and they said they flew in yesterday morning and had their practice in Denver to get acclimated to the altitude. Who knows if we get the W but i expect it to come down to the wire either way. LET'S STEAL IT!

Last edited:
Helps to be legitimately 10 deep when you play a team like Denver. Hopefully, we can keep our foot on the gas peddle. A win tonight would propel us to even higher expectations down the stretch! I think this is the last game we see Bagley come off the bench and I expect him to have a big impact tonight. I just listened to our assistant coach on 1140 and they said they flew in yesterday morning and had their practice in Denver to get acclimated to the altitude. Who knows if we get the W but i expect it to come down to the wire either way. LET'S STEAL IT!
I think we need to remember WCS is a sickle cell carrier. That can affect you at high altitude and especially when you play the pace the Kings play. We will need more from Giles tonight and temper expectations on WCS.

Running at 5,200 feet is harder than it sounds. I played in a league at 7,200 feet in Wyoming against college kids.
The Kings may have some trouble by the fourth quarter.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Hope we see lots of Giles. Giles is one of our few bigs that consistently boxes out and Denver is strong on the offensive glass. Would also like to see Joeger take the handcuffs off and let Giles screen and pop for 3. Teams are over playing the roll.
I just want to see a positive game from Giles. He’s had a few stinkers lately, especially that last one with some horrible blown defense and loudly screaming in frustration (as the play was ongoing) when someone missed him cutting under the hoop.

As long as we play hard I'll be happy. However to paraphrase Fox " Anyone who doubted us, that's on you"

Losing this game is not a forgone conclusion. I thinking hitting them in the paint early and often is the key. Can't just go for three's the whole game. We win the paint, I think we win the game.
Attack Jokić in the paint with quickness and speed. WCS, Bagley and H20 are all capable doing that. So are the KINGS guards.
Double-down with the bigs sprinting down the floor on as many change of possessions as possible -- which is supposed to be the M.O. anyway.

In other words, take advantage of his slow feet and tire that dude out.

This is going to be a good game which will come down to fourth quarter execution. Glad we have had a few days of rest. Denver is a solid team and will take beating which will make this much more sweater.

I wonder if Corey will get some burn tonight. I see him as a significant piece for us defensively with games against offensive juggernauts featuring in our run in to the end of the regular season