[Game] Kings @ Nuggets - Wednesday, Feb. 13 - 6PT/9ET

SLAB

Hall of Famer
i think it's good news for the Kings though. IT hasn't played pro ball in almost a year and has never played with these teammates. This move could actually put the entire Nuggets squad out of sync.
He’s not going to get enough minutes to matter is my guess. 10-15 just to ease him in.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings can win this game. But they are going to need major minutes from a "good" Bagley and a solid game from Barnes to do it. Bagley is key because, other than the Joker, Plumlee is a major factor for Denver in making hustle shots, interior passing, and rebounding. And then the guy coming off the bench is Millsap, an excellent rebounder. In the prior game with Denver, the Kings played a lot of Bjelica against those guys. It didn't turn out very well.

Also, make the Joker a shooter, not a facilitator. IMO, the last thing Joker wants to do in a running game with the Kings is expend even more energy on getting his own shot on the offensive end. If you double team the Joker you're handing him and Denver a gift. The Kings can't do stupid half-way double teams like the last game (which gave Denver wide open shots), but just stick to solid defensive principles. Lastly, attack the Joker when at the perimeter. Don't run horizontal to the basket when he's around; that's when he can get handsy and steal the ball. Just turn and attack the basket. Good things should happen.

I too don't see the Kings winning tonight. As someone who's lived in Colorado and played Sports there, it's brutal.....As much as I love Colorado, as it's the most gorgeous state in the country, I HATED playing sports there. So not only are the Nuggets playing extremely well, but couple that with the Cardio Kings style of play, and I think they will have a very difficult time winning tonight. I hope I'm wrong. I would love to be wrong...........

Probably a loss tonight, but I just hope we play well and the team shows some progression in terms of integrating Barnes and Burcs.

Although we all know it’s hard to play in Denver, we may be coming there as well-rested as possible. The Kings haven’t played a back-to-back in about 3 weeks. We are coming off a 6 game home stand. We’re coming into the game with two days rest.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Somebody shoot me now. I cannot believe the IT pandering going on by Koz and Kayte. I hope Fox runs circles around him and spins him right into the court like a corkscrew.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If he’s pouting during Game 1 the Nuggets better have the pink slip ready.
The sad thing is he won't be doing it on purpose. It's just part of his character; it has been his entire time in the NBA. No matter how successful he is, it's never enough. He cannot let himself get past those years when he was undervalued. You can still hear it in his voice.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The sad thing is he won't be doing it on purpose. It's just part of his character; it has been his entire time in the NBA. No matter how successful he is, it's never enough. He cannot let himself get past those years when he was undervalued. You can still hear it in his voice.
In the not too distant future, sure. But first game back after 11 months? I’d like to at least hope he has enough self-awareness for that. Lol