[Game] Kings @ Nuggets - October 23 - 6pm PST

How corny are the questions by the OP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
If only Bagley showed this when it matters in preseason and summer league...he wouldn’t be such a bust
Y'know, it's attitudes like this that make it impossible to discuss basketball on this message board now. Why are we already picking sides and drawing lines in the sand and waiting with a "got ya!" at the first possible instance? Just stop. It's not fun for anybody. People don't need to be All In or The Enemy. Every play doesn't need to be an excuse to grind your axe. It's hard enough being a fan of a team that hasn't been competitive in 10 years. I'm all for gallows humor when warranted and cautious optimism but the whole idea that other fans need to be wrong to validate my opinion has really gotten out of hand. Why not just cheer for the kids and be happy for them when they play well? I don't care who started it or why, the relentless in-fighting is a problem.

Maybe this is just the way the world works now... there is one opinion and everyone else is wrong. It certainly seems that way. I feel like we used to handle disagreement differently 10+ years ago but maybe that's just selective memory. Or maybe it's always been this way and it took growing a little to realize how pointless the posturing is? I don't really want to have a conversation with a hundred people who think the same way I do. But having a conversation with 100 people who are only interested in telling you what they think is equally tiresome. If we're not listening to each other, what are we actually doing here?

Well, Kings have 25 assists. They’ve shot the three ball well again. Just can’t stop anybody. They don’t rebound and Fox and Buddy were just abysmal tonight.

Y'know, it's attitudes like this that make it impossible to discuss basketball on this message board now. Why are we already picking sides and drawing lines in the sand and waiting with a "got ya!" at the first possible instance? Just stop. It's not fun for anybody. People don't need to be All In or The Enemy. Every play doesn't need to be an excuse to grind your axe. It's hard enough being a fan of a team that hasn't been competitive in 10 years. I'm all for gallows humor when warranted and cautious optimism but the whole idea that other fans need to be wrong to validate my opinion has really gotten out of hand. Why not just cheer for the kids and be happy for them when they play well? I don't care who started it or why, the relentless in-fighting is a problem.

Maybe this is just the way the world works now... there is one opinion and everyone else is wrong. It certainly seems that way. I feel like we used to handle disagreement differently 10+ years ago but maybe that's just selective memory. Or maybe it's always been this way and it took growing a little to realize how pointless the posturing is? I don't really want to have a conversation with a hundred people who think the same way I do. But having a conversation with 100 people who are only interested in telling you what they think is equally tiresome. If we're not listening to each other, what are we actually doing here?
A little dramatic. I didn’t call anybody out.

hrdboild

Staff member
So when can we stop pretending Vlade was an idiot for drafting Bagley instead of Luka?
I don't know about 'we', but if you're specifically asking me then I would say that my problems with Vlade extend way way way way way... beyond one decision. The straw that broke the camel's back isn't any more or less significant than every other piece of straw. It just came last.

hrdboild

Staff member
A little dramatic. I didn’t call anybody out.
I don't have a problem with you or any other member here Kingz19. It was just a general response at all of the unnecessary snark being thrown around. More often than not it's done in a "you know who you are" kind of way which if you think about it is sending a pretty strong message of "you're not welcome here". Again, I don't mean you specifically. One or two comments here and there and it's just taking the pee. But it's become pervasive. Fire the coach, DeMarcus is a cancer, IT is a ballhog, we're tanking too much or not enough, et al. Every year it's something. I just feel like any attempt at having a nuanced opinion has gotten swallowed up in the rush to feel vindicated. It's not necessary. Couldn't we at least try to be above it for awhile? We don't even have a draft pick this year to start talking about in November. I thought this was finally supposed to be the year where everyone is on the same side.

I don't know about 'we', but if you're specifically asking me then I would say that my problems with Vlade extend way way way way way... beyond one decision. The straw that broke the camel's back isn't any more or less significant than every other piece of straw. It just came last.
Right. If it was Danny Ainge making a decision he’s allowed the leeway. Vlade needed to bag this after a questionable history and resume’

I think every post I’ve made is in the context of ‘if’ Luka looks better, and/or how it looks currently. Who has made conclusive statements or posited they could?

Turned the game off but it’s encouraging that Marvin is showing signs of possibly being on the path to being good, especially at 19. Very. Much needed. But it will be a task for him to beat out what Luka or Jackson Jr, but there are separate threads for that. It’s good that with performances like he showed later in this game we can have hope, however big, that he possibly can be still the better player