Kings @ Nuggets Game Thread

In February

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kings stared another streak - losing streak by losing at home to the Bobcats dropping to 16-30 and 13 - 10 at home good enough for the 7th worst record in the NBA. Kings ended January with 2-12 which is as good as the Nets and considering the February schedule - not much to look forward. It is going to be a long February folks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
February schedule:

@ Nuggets - who are 21-3 at home and who will play as hard as they can to get their payback

vs Spurs - always a bad matchup but Parker is injures and this should help us. Bair will be the Millsap

vs Suns - winable matchup. We were close this season

@ Raptors - breakfast game - we won't wake up and it will be over

@ Knicks - afternoone game - we sucked in the East last time

@ Pistons - they suck - we have a chance there unless Kwarme goes for 50. It is back to back

Celtics - right after all star break right before trade deadline - crap

@ Warriors - back to back. Who knows how many players willbe able to suit up. Last game of some Kings players for Sacramento

CHRISTMAS

@ Clippers - they are in the tank mode already

@ Suns - back to back - difficult game

Pistons - got to win this one

Jazz - Millsap has a field trip

Clippers - finish strong in the Ferbruary

if we survive the February - we are really screwed in March

----------------------------------------------------------------
Curse of Piksi's fantasy teams - I know, I know - everyone has injuries and problems in their fantasy teams and no one cares. The issue here is that my rule is to never pick Kings players and I broke this rule few times this season and it didn't work out at all.

Example #1 - drafted Jason Thompson - I rest my case

Example #2 - picked up Udrih after few good games. needless to say he was awful that week - dropped him - he played the best week of the season

Example #3 - picked up Brockman after his first NBA start and he hasn't done anything since

I learned my lesson and next season I will try as hard as I can not to pick any Kings players but I can not promise

P.S. I hate Gilbert Arenas
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A pathetic 3rd quarter cost us a game yet again. Is Muss back - because I could swear that our guys are drinking kool aid at the half time again. We had no answer for Wallace and Shaquille Mohammed who combined for 20-28 from the field for 51 point. We did limit GW to 100% shooting in the first half. Bobcats packed in too early and Kings of garbage time came close but Bobcats aren't Bulls. Before the garbage time only Kevin was double digits. Kings had no balance and no defense. I guess we really missed May's 3 pt shooting that night.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Felton vs triple double - he was close in Charlotte - was pathetic but it didn't matter

Wallace vs Millsap - anything you can do ... - absolutely

Tyrevin vs rest of the team - can Kings find balance ?
- it was only Kevin this time and there was no balance again

Nocioni vs first touch on the ball - can he just pass it for once ? - didn't play much and was actually effective for the minutes

PW vs shuffle mode - can he stop already ? - shuffle it is

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM - Shaquille Mohammed had no resistance

LW-VC -Felton was garbage

JHA - man, it is getting difficult to pick a winner because of the fierce competition. Hawes gets it this time (copy paste)

MIKKI - PW

SAR - Udoka

RA&1 - Jax showed us the variety of bad shots

Jax/Walk - Greene

WTF moment of the game - 3rd quarter
Nuggets might be without Anthony but they will certainly look for payback as they are the only team we really own this season. It is a back to back for them but they will play at home. We don't know if Evans can play. If he can't - we will get a look at who things are when Kevin is ther but tyreke isn't. We have to play harder for longer period of time and make sure J.R. doesn't score 50
my matchups:

Kings vs 3pt shooting - can we do it again (45%)?

Thompson vs 2 games in a row- is it too much to ask ?

Tyrevin vs rest of the team - can Kings find balance reloaded ?

Birdman vs Brockman - there can only be one

PW vs shuffle mode - can he stop already reloaded ?
-------------------------------------------------
Evans - get well soon
Thompson - do it again
Greene - wake up!
Martin - 2-12 when he plays this season. He is back and so are the Kings -in 2008-2009 season mode
Hawes - worse

Casspi - okay
Sergio - King of garbage time
Nocioni - that is more like it playing time wise!
Udrih - weak

rest = mateen
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Nuggets 32 and 13, 21-3 at home(trouble) are second in the West and they would be really close to first if we hadn't beaten them twice and the Wolves and so on. They relax against weaker teams(us) and that is our chance. With or without Mello they are still deep especu=ially up front. Afflalo gets the TDM. J.R> needs the LW-VS as well as Walk.Jax in order for us to keep owning them. January is over - maybe struggle is over for the Kings too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Nuggets without 'Melo (per Amick's twitter)

Melo is just scared of us. :p

Ever since Donte pantsed him down the stretch fo the first Denver game, he's been finding excuses to duck us.

Who was it who was saying how nice it would be if we could just face every team the rest of the season without its best player?

Status
Not open for further replies.