[Game] Kings @ Nuggets, 12/23/2020 6PM PST, 9PM EST

What is the biggest mistake the Kings have made over the last decade.

• Trusting that the Bucks would keep the Bogi deal a secret

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I wonder how much game footage Luke is going to have to review, and how much of that footage will just be his man CoJo on loop.

As for Haliburton, he is special. This is a guy that could definitely be a star. He has all the confidence in the world right now and does not get shaken, and for a rookie that's a great thing to have. Like what Trae had a couple years back. He came into the league confident in his game, and know he could light it up. I see the same confidence in Haliburton that I saw in Young.

As for Haliburton, he is special. This is a guy that could definitely be a star. He has all the confidence in the world right now and does not get shaken, and for a rookie that's a great thing to have. Like what Trae had a couple years back. He came into the league confident in his game, and know he could light it up. I see the same confidence in Haliburton that I saw in Young.
He’s our Kelly oubre. The best looking guy on the team he gonna get attention regardless

Lot of bad calls on both teams and 3 guys fouled out. Evened out overall though.

That was an incredible win and although Buddy made a couple errors he came through big time.

Fox showed why he is a star in the making too.

Can’t wait to go back and rewatch the game!

This still relies on Luke Walton so be forewarned haha. The true test is when he runs into the modern era teams again. Vlade did do well on talent. Who he chose to run things on the floor, how he chose to load up in FA, and what he did in the draft when the picks weren't obvious were knocks for sure. He didn't tank nearly as bad as people think.
I think that he did better than he gets credit for, but he still made some really crazy head scratchers. Like Papagianis really didn't cost us anybody but it was still a bad pick. We could have done better with the #10 pick than what we got, though Barnes was part of that so the fact that JJ is out of the league (or did someone pick him up?) doesn't matter as much. BUT - He certainly would have put this team into luxury cap territory re-signing Giles and Bogi whereas now we have the main core and a ton of trade or cap flexibility.

I am fine if we ditch Luke (hell I want to smack him in the face for how he wears his mask) but I don't think last season was a very fair way to evaluate given the amount of injury struggles and the fact that our big FA signing decided to basically quit after he got paid. The commentators did point out that he had more wins in his first season with the team than anyone since Theus, which was astounding. And obviously a huge disappointment after letting Joerger go, but it is some perspective I guess, when you factor in all the bad bounced that happened. I do think he has a much better team of assistants this year so we'll see. Already the team looks like they understand how to rebound.

I like what he's shown. I'd expect more of a legit 2 way player that impacts the game far beyond his numbers. He doesn't look to have the iso makeup to be a true first option. Honestly, that's probably better for the team anyway considering the fit. He's got that glue potential for sure. Which is exactly what the team needs.

I was impressed with Bagley's effort. He was making mistakes but kept playing super hard. As the game went on you could see him start to get his sea legs and he looked closer to the guy we saw his rookie year. Will be interested to see how he looks in a few games and when he doesn't have to deal with a 7'0 280 lbs basketball savant.

I think that he did better than he gets credit for, but he still made some really crazy head scratchers. Like Papagianis really didn't cost us anybody but it was still a bad pick. We could have done better with the #10 pick than what we got, though Barnes was part of that so the fact that JJ is out of the league (or did someone pick him up?) doesn't matter as much. BUT - He certainly would have put this team into luxury cap territory re-signing Giles and Bogi whereas now we have the main core and a ton of trade or cap flexibility.

I am fine if we ditch Luke (hell I want to smack him in the face for how he wears his mask) but I don't think last season was a very fair way to evaluate given the amount of injury struggles and the fact that our big FA signing decided to basically quit after he got paid. The commentators did point out that he had more wins in his first season with the team than anyone since Theus, which was astounding. And obviously a huge disappointment after letting Joerger go, but it is some perspective I guess, when you factor in all the bad bounced that happened. I do think he has a much better team of assistants this year so we'll see. Already the team looks like they understand how to rebound.
True but this is where you and I differ. Those injuries did make things tougher but the play style and lineups to use were clearly indicated in his 5 man advanced stats. He did everything in his power to not travel the most successful path. And tonight potentially only foul trouble created a scenario where you have Whitesides defense on the interior with Barnes' switch ability and shot creating ability in your front line.

I love watching Fox out there on both ends. My goodness! He and Halliburton are so enjoyable to watch out there.

i was confident the entire night right up until maybe midway into the overtime period, and they still pulled out! Props to Barnes for being as aggressive as he always should be

True but this is where you and I differ. Those injuries did make things tougher but the play style and lineups to use were clearly indicated in his 5 man advanced stats. He did everything in his power to not travel the most successful path. And tonight potentially only foul trouble created a scenario where you have Whitesides defense on the interior with Barnes' switch ability and shot creating ability in your front line.
He certainly frustrates me and I don't see him in our long term plans with Monte. I don't understand why Whiteside wasn't playing more but maybe its good the other guys fouled out and then the refs decided to stop giving Jokic every call in the final moments of the game.

I love watching Fox out there on both ends. My goodness! He and Halliburton are so enjoyable to watch out there.

i was confident the entire night right up until maybe midway into the overtime period, and they still pulled out! Props to Barnes for being as aggressive as he always should be
The Kings might have the quickest, rangiest PG spot in the league. Very interesting indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.