kings notes from training camp

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/Notes_From_Training_Camp-118954-58.html

some of these were posted in the "Peja Injury" thread, but in case some of you want to read all of them, here they are..

Notes From Training Camp ’04
by Devin Blankenship

--Courtney Alexander took Doug Christie’s place playing with the first team offense on day one. There didn’t seem to be any ill effects from the Achilles heel injury he suffered last year, until he strained his thigh and had to sit out Sunday and Monday’s practices.

--It was good to see Bobby Jackson back on the court and looking fit. Jackson has been working out almost non-stop since the season ended to rehab his strained groin muscle and looks like the energizer bunny. His sprained hand hasn’t slowed him down at all.

--Chris Webber appears to be moving around more fluidly and looser. The semi-gait with which he ran last year is pretty much gone, and he just looks good. The biggest factor in him looking better? Time and human nature. No matter how hard you rehab an injury like the one Webb had, the only thing that is going to make the biggest difference is the body getting time to heal.

--Brad Miller looks like he is going to be a more vocal leader this season—at one point on Saturday yelling at his teammates to play better defense after the second-team started regularly scoring on the first-team.

--Peja Stojakovic became the latest player to get nicked up on Monday, cutting his lower lip after getting hit in the mouth during practice. Peja sat out the last 30 minutes but should be fine for the rest of the week.

--Before meeting with the media, the rookies had a little post-practice "chat" with Chris Webber, who felt that the youngsters weren’t working hard enough to please the vets, i.e. getting Jamba Juices, doughnuts, or other requests before practice. Things will most likely be worked out before Tuesday.

--Adam Parada and Anwar Ferguson were the focus of media attention on Monday, due to Greg Ostertag’s broken right hand. Parada and Ferguson will most likely get the minutes that Ostertag would have received in the preseason, and the local news wanted the scoop on the young fellas.

--Ostertag’s temporary plaster cast looked like a tie-dyed shirt with dozens of colors and shapes drawn all over it. Apparently, Greg’s three kids got ahold of the thing Sunday night and wasted no time expressing their artistic sides. --LOL that's cute

--There was one person in the locker room pleased with the Chicago Cubs’ and San Francisco Giants’ late-season swan-dive out of the MLB playoffs—Alton Ford. Ford is a native of Houston and an Astros fan. He mightily enjoyed watching his team make the playoffs at the expense of the others.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
We are saved Prada and Ferguson are here... OK sarcasam a side I love the fact that Bard is barking espcialy about defense!

piksi

Hall of Famer
Twix said:
Thanks, LMM!!

I'm glad Brad is being vocal on playing better defense. And that's funny about Greg's kids. :)
Without Doug - there is just not much defense left in the starting five. No wonder it looked awful.

Good notes.

Alexander started? So much for the rooks getting playing time when Christie comes back (the pessimistic approach). We'll see.

I like to hear that Brad's becoming vocal. It's hard to argue with his style of play.

Peja got banged up? I wonder if someone who wasn't too pleased with the trade demand slipped in an extra elbow or something?