Kings NOT in trade talks for Aaron Gray? For Jimmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this would be a boring haul for Jimmer if it is actually true. Gray is a fringe NBA big. Unless we are also moving a big or two somewhere else, I don't know why we'd do this. Seems like Jimmer should have more value as a throw in somewhere around the deadline.

Here is a youtube I found on him when he had a big game against the Warriors

I guess they don't wan tto lose Jimmer for nothing but I don't know enough about Gray to really know if it's a good deal.

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
Boring deal for end of the bench players. Gray is an improvement on Ndaiye though.

As much as we'd like to get something real for Jimmer, sad reality is he just has no value at this point

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I don't know anything about Gray other than he is 28yr center 7 foot 270.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
Rumor now being debunkd by Jason Jones and Ham on this side, and somebody on other.

On the other hand if they wanted to do that, hey, go for it. Do not ever want to see a Chuck Hayes/Hamadi Ndiaye "center" rotation again. We need another big body. Was why letting Cole Aldrich just walk this summer was another bonehead move. We have so many eggs in one basket right now that if Boogie were to suffer a significant injury the entire franchise might just sink into the sea never to be heard from again.

We have so many eggs in one basket right now that if Boogie were to suffer a significant injury the entire franchise might just sink into the sea never to be heard from again.
Cole Aldrich wouldn't have kept us afloat in that scenario! But yes, not sure what to think considering the local writers are saying there's nothing to this. Should probably prepare for the Kings to be mentioned in every rumor and take it all with significant salt, since it sounds like the new regime is going to be much more aggressive, and possibly more leak prone, than Petrie.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This "rumor" has been shot down on all sides. Who the hell is @KevinRashidi and why would anyone bother with anything he has to say? His Twitter profile says:
@KevinRashidi
NBA Media Credentials•Aspiring NBA Agent•Raptors SSH•Ryerson•http://RaptorFan.Com

I'm beginning to develop an intense dislike for Twitter. It's way too easy for some fan/aspiring agent to put stuff out there without any link whatsoever to reality.

How many players contracted by the kings ca n be on the Bighorns roster at the same time? One? Two? More? Thought I saw some limitation mentioned earlier in the year.

Boring deal for end of the bench players. Gray is an improvement on Ndaiye though.

As much as we'd like to get something real for Jimmer, sad reality is he just has no value at this point
I don't know about that. I think I'd prefer Ndaiye wildly flailing his arms out there to Aaron Gray using his "skill".

Entity

Hall of Famer
Rumor now being debunkd by Jason Jones and Ham on this side, and somebody on other.

On the other hand if they wanted to do that, hey, go for it. Do not ever want to see a Chuck Hayes/Hamadi Ndiaye "center" rotation again. We need another big body. Was why letting Cole Aldrich just walk this summer was another bonehead move. We have so many eggs in one basket right now that if Boogie were to suffer a significant injury the entire franchise might just sink into the sea never to be heard from again.
Yeah kinda like when David Robinson got hurt that year. That was the beginning of the end for San Antonio lol

How many players contracted by the kings ca n be on the Bighorns roster at the same time? One? Two? More? Thought I saw some limitation mentioned earlier in the year.
Not sure if this relates to your question or not, but every player the Kings send down still counts against the maximum fifteen man Kings roster.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Not sure if this relates to your question or not, but every player the Kings send down still counts against the maximum fifteen man Kings roster.
The Kings were allowed to send the last three players on their preseason roster to Reno, but they legally have no contractual hold on them. They can send as many players off their current roster as they want, but as you say, they still count against out roster and against our cap.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm not a big fan of Gray. Didn't like him in college, and still don't. I suppose if your just looking for a big body to throw out there for 8 or 9 minutes a game, then fine. Or big body insurance against Cousins getting hurt, but I Have to agree with those that prefer Aldrich. I really doubt there's anything to this.

No thanks on Gray, would just be a big body, cant defend, cant jump, terribly slow in all aspects. Chuck Hayes offers more as a backup C than Gray, Chuck at least is an anchor in the post and can box out with his girth.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
No thanks on Gray, would just be a big body, cant defend, cant jump, terribly slow in all aspects. Chuck Hayes offers more as a backup C than Gray, Chuck at least is an anchor in the post and can box out with his girth.
But ... but ... what do you expect to get for Jimmer? Jimmer has a small body, can't defend, can't jump, and is terribly slow in all aspects. :oops: See what I did?

he sure did demonstrate his ability to box out and rebound against the Lakers, didn't he o_O

dude12

Hall of Famer
I see that OKC has been associated as one of the teams mentioned in Jimmer rumors....who knows if true or not but if so the only players they might deal would be Thabeet or Andre Roberson, the 6'7" SG/SF rookie. I'd take either. Perry Jones the young SF would be a desired piece but doubt they would trade him for Jimmer. Thabeet would be a decent backup

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I see that OKC has been associated as one of the teams mentioned in Jimmer rumors....who knows if true or not but if so the only players they might deal would be Thabeet or Andre Roberson, the 6'7" SG/SF rookie. I'd take either. Perry Jones the young SF would be a desired piece but doubt they would trade him for Jimmer. Thabeet would be a decent backup
Dunno what OKC would particularly have in mind with Jimmer, but it occurs to me Thabeet might be imminently expendable over there with Adams looking like a keeper, and we could grab up another failed #2 pick. :p

Thabeet was actually pretty solid for OKC last year. His defensive impact numbers were finally more where you'd expect them to be, and a bigger body, by a lot, than a guy like Ndiaye or a stub like Chuck.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I'm not a big fan of Gray. Didn't like him in college, and still don't. I suppose if your just looking for a big body to throw out there for 8 or 9 minutes a game, then fine. Or big body insurance against Cousins getting hurt, but I Have to agree with those that prefer Aldrich. I really doubt there's anything to this.
Why gray? He i
Dunno what OKC would particularly have in mind with Jimmer, but it occurs to me Thabeet might be imminently expendable over there with Adams looking like a keeper, and we could grab up another failed #2 pick. :p

Thabeet was actually pretty solid for OKC last year. His defensive impact numbers were finally more where you'd expect them to be, and a bigger body, by a lot, than a guy like Ndiaye or a stub like Chuck.
i would def be behind that move.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Thabeet can't find minutes in garbage time right now. I'm willing to take a gamble on young players that might just need a change of scenery. That's not the case with Thabeet. Perry Jones, OK, I'm willing to take a look. But please, no Thabeet.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Thabeet can't find minutes in garbage time right now. I'm willing to take a gamble on young players that might just need a change of scenery. That's not the case with Thabeet. Perry Jones, OK, I'm willing to take a look. But please, no Thabeet.
But if we are talking Jimmer I'd settle for Thabeet as a 12 minute guy....I mean Thabeet obviously was a mistake draft pick but he's >>>>>>than Hamady or Aaron Gray. And Jimmer can't get minutes on a 4 win team.

But if we are talking Jimmer I'd settle for Thabeet as a 12 minute guy....I mean Thabeet obviously was a mistake draft pick but he's >>>>>>than Hamady or Aaron Gray. And Jimmer can't get minutes on a 4 win team.
If they can turn jimmer into a 7 footer, you do it. Pretty much any 7 footer.

Status
Not open for further replies.