[Game] Kings @ Nets - Friday, Aug. 7 - 2 PM PT; 5 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Going small with non shooters Brewer and Cojo.. might as well have Len out there.
That's the thing, going small should be predicated mostly on your ability to spread the ball. What the hell is this? Buddy can clank it off the moon and percentages will still work out for you. Walton always triggers back to defense first. This isn't a defensive team right now coach! You win when you outscore the opposition. Wow.

Destroyed by the depleted nets, we are gonna have to do something in the off season. I am sure Bagley and Holmes would have helped us in this game but I am pinning a lot of blame on Walton.
Maaaybe, but Walton has darn near put the ball boys in with all his tweaking this season. Even when injuries weren't commanding it. The answer was never one player away. It isn't one player away. It's style, relying on your talent and building system towards that talent. Not molding a player to fit your system.

I'll be dumbfounded if Luke Walton isn't gone this off season
This return has been embarrassing and I think it's pretty clear, Walton has lost his team. If they get inspired in these last couple of games it's because the players figured they twisted the knife enough.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Anyone want to explain to me why Luke Walton changed the lineups when it was working then had Harrison guarding Jarrett Allen while we have Corey Brewer at 4????

This return has been embarrassing and I think it's pretty clear, Walton has lost his team. If they get inspired in these last couple of games it's because the players figured they twisted the knife enough.
I mean, I can't see how ownership just continues to let this happen. Vlade likely sold them that if he's just able to get his coach and can Joerger, that this core will be able to get to a championship level. From their perspective, the 2018-2019 Kings were a real success: Exciting fast-paced team, Fox/Buddy looking like a top 3 back-court in the league, 12 win improvement from the previous season. Now, Vlade fired that coach, committed 40+ mil to Barnes and Buddy over the next 4 years and the team outside of Fox has regressed in just about every way imaginable.

Fans would be more than willing to accept more rebuilding years if they hired a competent power structure. And it doesn't have to be a crazy long process either; just look at how quickly the 49ers turned themselves back into one of the best teams in the NFL.

gunks

Hall of Famer
No one is getting fired this offseason. Teams are losing money and last coach is still being paid
And as tempting as it is to jump on the "fire Luke" bandwagon, he actually had this team playing pretty well leading up to the bubble.

Unless that was all Igor..

No one is getting fired this offseason. Teams are losing money and last coach is still being paid
Igor splitting might have a say but when you hire a coach and immediately hire another option that wasn't that coaches choice it's usually called preparing. Kind of like hiring a Joe Dumars behind a Vlade Divac. We'll see but teams are always losing money in the end, he's be swallowing less than what you spend on getting up to the minimum every year. And he can spread it out over eternity, likely with a 0% loan, lol.

dude12

Hall of Famer
And as tempting as it is to jump on the "fire Luke" bandwagon, he actually had this team playing pretty well leading up to the bubble.

Unless that was all Igor..
He did but how does anyone explain the beginning of the season? Ok, new coach, new system, built in excuse. How are we so unprepared in the bubble? Can’t use that built in excuse. Honestly don’t think he’s any good and in fact may be bad.

I mean, I can't see how ownership just continues to let this happen. Vlade likely sold them that if he's just able to get his coach and can Joerger, that this core will be able to get to a championship level. From their perspective, the 2018-2019 Kings were a real success: Exciting fast-paced team, Fox/Buddy looking like a top 3 back-court in the league, 12 win improvement from the previous season. Now, Vlade fired that coach, committed 40+ mil to Barnes and Buddy over the next 4 years and the team outside of Fox has regressed in just about every way imaginable.

Fans would be more than willing to accept more rebuilding years if they hired a competent power structure. And it doesn't have to be a crazy long process either; just look at how quickly the 49ers turned themselves back into one of the best teams in the NFL.
Personally, I still think Vlade getting caught up is unfortunate, but in the end he hired his guys so he has to feel the pain too. The thing to me is that the outside pressure after this showing is likely going to get so rough that Vivek has almost no choice.

And to be clear, my opinion is I'd rather see them stick it out at this point and really let the players you're building around (Fox, Buddy, Bagley and Barnes in particular) dictate where you go. They need to have a constructive meeting because clearly this is a franchise not only not on the same page, but not even reading the same book.

Status
Not open for further replies.