Kings, Mavericks Interested In Trading Down

That pick protection was a nightmare! Ultimately it cost us a second rounder that we basically got back in the Cousins trade but for years we couldn't trade a first because of it. Thankfully it never conveyed prior to the year it was due because if it had we'd have lost the #2 to Philly!
Glad someone pointed this out

#2 (+36 ?) for J. Isaac (ORL) & 6 (ORL)-

draft Mikal Bridges @ 6.. Imagine the defensive potential.. Fox/Bogi/Mikal/Isaac/Giles.......

Bridges will be the steal of this draft.
Mikal Bridges is an old rookie who can't dribble the ball more than once or twice before getting nervous. Little light in the shorts too and can't create separation. The steal of the draft is Mo Bamba. The Magic would never make that trade.

We could give away Fox and our pick and get back a 5-9 (two picks between 5 and 9) and get Porter and Young, and maybe a Veteran player along with it. Barnes? We were looking at guys like Porter as our pick and that's it.

I know I am a Trae Young homer, but the guy is amazing, and he's a leader. He has no qualms with shooting the ball 20 times a game. That's the kind of player I want. He knows he's good and he plays to it. I am kind of tired getting these shy guys who defer to the older players. Remember when Curry came into the league and Ellis hated him because he was stealing Ellis's thunder? What happened to Ellis? :) Trae is my guy...
Trae Young can't finish at the rim and can't guard anyone. His teammates got tired of playing with him towards the end of the season because he was so indiscriminate in his shot taking, kind of like MPJ. Now I will say Trae Young has a beautiful shot with unlimited range. Sometime he shoots when he is not set however and this shot is 30% accuracy at best. I will be interested to see how high he goes. I wouldn't touch him Top 10.

Trae Young can't finish at the rim and can't guard anyone. His teammates got tired of playing with him towards the end of the season because he was so indiscriminate in his shot taking, kind of like MPJ. Now I will say Trae Young has a beautiful shot with unlimited range. Sometime he shoots when he is not set however and this shot is 30% accuracy at best. I will be interested to see how high he goes. I wouldn't touch him Top 10.
I can't see ORL being able to control themselves.

Why are so many willing to give up on Fox already?
I would keep him if I didn't like Young so much. If there was a chance to trade down and get a guy like Young and another pick to get Porter and Barnes then I would give up on Fox in a heartbeat. Porter/Young/Barnes > Fox/#2 (Doncic or Bagley) in my opinion. That's the only reason I give up on Fox.

It's kind of funny because the knocks on Curry coming out of college said that he wasn't great around the rim, not a good defender, too small, and lacks athleticism. I don't think he's going to be another Curry, but he looks so much like Curry in college. Not to mention he's confident in his abilities like Curry was in college.

If for some reason DAL was looking up move up to 2 and were willing to part with Barnes to do so, would people be open to a trade around those parameters (other fillers) if you could be sure that one of Doncic/Bagley/Porter were there at 5?

Entity

Hall of Famer
If for some reason DAL was looking up move up to 2 and were willing to part with Barnes to do so, would people be open to a trade around those parameters (other fillers) if you could be sure that one of Doncic/Bagley/Porter were there at 5?
that would be a yes for me swap picks and get Barnes. heck i would throw in somebody also if they wanted

But Dallas was not interested in sending Barnes to get #4 pick outright from Grizz and Parsons contract
Why would they include him just to move up from #5 to #2?

But Dallas was not interested in sending Barnes to get #4 pick outright from Grizz and Parsons contract
Why would they include him just to move up from #5 to #2?
I had no clue they had discussions with MEM. My guess would be they don’t want to take on that albatross contract. This allows them to get out of Barnes contract and be in position to take Doncic (or whoever). Mind you this is purely speculation. They may be perfectly content with Barnes