[Game] Kings @ Mavericks - 12/10/12

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Tonight's game will not be easy. As Yahoo reported:

The prospects of ending those droughts don't appear promising as they've lost 16 straight in Dallas during the regular season, the NBA's third-longest active road losing streak versus one opponent. Sacramento's most recent win there was part of its last playoff series victory in 2004.
If you look at recent stats, both teams have the same identical record for the past 10 games (5-5). Hope springs eternal, although every road trip to Dallas causes me flashbacks of the most disastrous road game in modern Kings history.

What to watch for: TEAM PLAY. If the guys can continue to remember there's a reason their uniforms all look alike, we've got a chance.

What to avoid: Seagull syndrome (from a friend of mine who compared the attitude of Thornton in the last game to that of the seagulls in "Finding Nemo"). It cannot be "mine, mine, mine, mine, mine." If it is, the Kings lose.

GO KINGS!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kings 7-12
Lakers 9-12

Lets let the Lakers get to 13 losses first!
Totally agree!

Slightly OT, I rarely pay attention to power rankings. But when this week's list came out, I will confess to deriving at least a bit of enjoyment from having to scroll down more than half-way down the list before seeing the Lakers.

hope for Tyreke playing tonight, and DeMarcus continuing his strong play, and a solid rotation please!

and somebody please guard OJ Mayo. he dropped 40 points in his last game

I rarely pay attention to power rankings. But when this week's list came out, I will confess to deriving at least a bit of enjoyment from having to scroll down more than half-way down the list before seeing the Lakers.
nice to see the kings make a leap in the Rankings. if they have a good week again they can jump into the top 20. it shouldnt be hard to jump Detroit, Orlando, and Dallas if we beat them tonight

Kingster

Hall of Famer
This is the perfect kind of challenge for the Kings right now. Dallas is a .500 team, and the Kings will be playing them in Dallas. The Kings must continue to play unselfishly, move the ball, run the ball, and play D in order to win. And Cousins has to continue his three-game streak of maintaining his composure, regardless of what happens in the game.

hopefully Tyreke can play, That Fisher/Mayo backcourt seems ripe for the picking for Tyreke, Brooks, Isaiah/Jimmer, also we need Tyreke's defense on Mayo. Cousins should be able to do well against the Dallas front line. If we can play solid defense and continue to play as a team, this game is winnable... expecting at least a competitive game, anything less is dissapointing.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
We really need Reke, feeling good physically and focused on defense, to make sure Mayo doesn't have one of those nights like he did against Harden. This Dallas team looks nothing like the one from a few years back, its very vulnerable if you can keep Mayo from going off.

Other player of concern would be Kaman, who kicked our butts last year.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I agree about Mayo. He's the guy they have to stop. A healthy Tyreke could help doing that. But if Tyreke is not in there, I'd rather have our smaller quicker guys like Brooks and IT press him. Mayo has never struck me as a guard who was much of a post-up guy.

I agree about Mayo. He's the guy they have to stop. A healthy Tyreke could help doing that. But if Tyreke is not in there, I'd rather have our smaller quicker guys like Brooks and IT press him. Mayo has never struck me as a guard who was much of a post-up guy.
i say put salmons on him if Tyreke doesnt play

L

LWP777

We really need Reke, feeling good physically and focused on defense, to make sure Mayo doesn't have one of those nights like he did against Harden. This Dallas team looks nothing like the one from a few years back, its very vulnerable if you can keep Mayo from going off.

Other player of concern would be Kaman, who kicked our butts last year.
This. For some reason Kaman seems to absolutely destroy us every time he plays against us. This is one of the reasons I was really hoping we would have signed him this past summer.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
What to avoid: Seagull syndrome (from a friend of mine who compared the attitude of Thornton in the last game to that of the seagulls in "Finding Nemo"). It cannot be "mine, mine, mine, mine, mine."
Did your friend watch "Around the Horn" last week?

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Well, tonight we find out if we're actually improving much or if it was more we just caught three terrible teams, in Tor, Orl(towards end of long road trip) and a bad Por team battling injuries.

You can only play who is one your schedule, but even without Reke if we're actually playing better this will be a close game with 5 mins left.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Does anyone think it is deliberate that Cuz throws the ball up toward the rim so he can get a put back? He does it a lot!

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
When we brought in MT, that second half of the year I saw a lot of similarities between he and Mayo. Since then however the gap has really grown in favor of Mayo.

As for us, we played pretty well offensively, but to be down 7 after shooting that well? Play some defense. Seems as soon as we start getting a flow offensively our defense immediately suffers.