Kings @ Magic Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
On January 21st 2002 Kings beat Memphis 112 - 98 to improve to 31 - 9 a that time. Webber lwad 7 Kings in double figures with 24/11/4 Pedja had 21/3/2/3st, DC had 14/6/7/4, Bibby had 10/3 assists. The bench was very strongs with Scott 14/11, Bobby 11/3 and Hedo 12/3/2. Kings decided the game inm the 3rd quarter winning it by 13 pts.

"The 12-game win streak is nice, but we are not satisfied with it," Webber said. "We are not sitting here, Laker-watching. I love the fact that we realize that we need to get better before we are satisfied. I want to be champion; I want it."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kings 17-21 showing some signs of life, riding on a 3 game winning streak, going to the east for 6 games in 8 days trying develop some consistancy on the road (5-10). Finally, 12-11 at home Kings managed to win a game in which they trailed in the beginning of the 4th (2-19 I think). 2.5 games away from the 8th in the west - still last in the pacific, Kings are looking to get healthier which combined with much improved bench should give more hope as the season goes on. Almost forgot - we did start a losing streak for the Lakers. (gald we can help in any way;))
----------------------------------------------------------------
Road trip - sunds fun but it won't be. 6 games in 8 days with players still recovering - it will be a good test. Due to major sucking so far in the season - kings are in the situation where 3-3 might not be good enough. Don't get me wrong because I would take 3-3 because I know that we can do much worse that that but 3-3 means no gaining/losing any ground. You can be sure that wheels will fall off Mike and Brad at some point on this trip. We are going to need everything from everybody - no matter how insignificant it might seam. We will need other players to have big games. Hard to say what SAR and Pedja are capable of physically but we need every "good" minute we can get.
Thursday was a good day - wasn't it ? Too bad we can't play them 82 games. I just didn't seam to me like the rivalry is over just
yet. ARCO was rocking, refs were sucking, Phill was annoying, Kobe was killing (us), Mike was killing(them). The only difference was that Kings made big shots and won in OT. I was thinking - if we were to win 100 games against them this way - would it make up for the Horry's three ? Hell no !!! When 2 teams that are as mediocre (being generous) as they are at this time can create such a buzz, excitement, drama etc - the rivalry can't be dead.
Let me spent a little time to say how much I appreciate the Lakers. LA Kobes are one player away from being a solid NBDL team. Kobe Bryant as much as i dislike him deserve the MVP award for winning 21 games with the teammates that he has. Also I want to say thanks to Lamar Odom for keeping us in the game which we already lost. Also want to say thanks to PJ for giving Lamar the chance to redeam himself (he did great). Also we have to thank Luke Walton for ever shot he ever takes and Kwarme Brown for being Kwarme Brown. Without these guys - Thursday wouldn't have been the same.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
With 3 starters (hopefully) returning from injuries - Kings are in the situation to have a very solid bench now. A bench which can play more minutes without allowing 20 - 0 runs. Hart :eek:, Kevin, Cisco, KT could be very solid for us of the bench if they could find a way to be as effective of the bench as they are as starters. If that is the case and our health improves - Kings are as good as most PO contenders. Still don't see us getting out of the first round but it is a start. Also, there is a whole month till the trade deadline. Changes still possible.
Kings survived the enemy on Thursday with a grat effort, ARCO and a major portion of luck (I think the hell froze over). As expected Kobe went for 50 and it should have been enough but it wasn't. Kings missed tons of good shots but never gave up and it paid of at the end. Obviously, there was no way we would get any credit for anything we do but we did get a W even though one couldn't really tell because it was a Kobe/lakers appreciation day on TNT.
Tonight/this afternoon we play Magic to start the trip. We played Magic to start the winning streak so there is no need to change anything. They were shorthanded and we almost gave it away. It took a career game from Mike Bibby to hold them off needing career games to beat bad team is never a good sign. If we need another career game from Mike tonight to win - we will lose unless Magic coach is a retard. We will have problems on the glass (Howard wil go for 20/20), francis is back too but Hill is out.
Mike - Been great on this winning streak. Has some ball handling problems recently. Will have to deal with Francis and Nelson tonight and possible double teams.
Brad - missed all the good shots but hit the 'worst one" he took to get us into OT. His pick on Parker - priceless.
Pedja - gave us some solid minutes. Clearly nowhere near 100 % but maybe he will hit some shots someday soon before the
opponents stop guarding him.
SAR - respect
Bonzi - hopefully comes back soon
Kevin - only 3 more left against Kobe. Foul troble was expected. good learning experience.
Cisco - finally a smart enough player not to go for pump fakes. Hit a big three toput the last nail in the coffin for the LA
KT - another excelent performance. Hopefully other GM's were watching
Hart - we could do worse - could we ?
Skinner - DNP CD
Corliss - might actually get some minutes tonight
Sampason - yeah right.
RA - is a genius. Every one of us would have probably fouled being down 4 with 32 sec to go. Not RA - no sir! He knew what
Odom would do. Brilliant !!!
Magic are capable of beating us. They have Francis who hopefully won't shoot well. They have Howard who will have a field trip. Can Nelso defend this TDM award he won last time or will it be Hedo/Diener/Garity/Stevenson?

Last edited by a moderator:
piksi said:
"The 12-game win streak is nice, but we are not satisfied with
it,"
Webber said. "We are not sitting here, Laker-watching. I
love the fact that we realize that we need to get better before
we are satisfied. I want to be champion; I want it."

Just imagine 12-game win strake today...It would be fantastic!
Anyway,finally some early game,I didn't sleep at all this week:D
GO KINGS!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Peja said:
Just imagine 12-game win strake today...It would be fantastic!
Anyway,finally some early game,I didn't sleep at all this week:D
GO KINGS!
Imagine having Webber today heck I'd settle for guy with half his tallent that still had that much hart and desire.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi - One of your very best. Hope you don't mind but the spacing was driving me nuts, so I'm fixing it.

;)

HndsmCelt said:
Imagine having Webber today heck I'd settle for guy with half his tallent that still had that much hart and desire.

no kidding!! That quote really made me miss him. :( That kind of heart and desire is hard to come by.

And, wow, a 12 game winning streak... it's been a while.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bballkingsrock said:
Has any heard bout Bonzi playing today?
The last report about Bonzi said he was practicing and he MIGHT return during this road trip. I don't think anyone was talking about as early as today. We're in no hurry at this point in time. We need him HEALTHY more than we need him back too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.