Kings Get Terrance Davis (for a 2nd)

Good trade. He tore us up in that first meeting vs. Toronto. Real solid rookie season but has been in a bit of a sophomore slump. Good gamble.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Terence Davis was good last year. Haven’t seen him this year but Monte picking up Wright, Davis and Harkless who have all had good stretches in their careers but who may need the scenery change to get back to producing again. These are good pickups

I think the rest of this season determines a lot and I think Bagley is the clear person to watch. They are clearly giving it a run to the playoffs with the biggest move being addition by subtraction in the form of Cojo. Bagley's return will be the interesting thing because if they want to build value for him he has to be used right and there won't be much time if they keep Whiteside on.

I think the rest of this season determines a lot and I think Bagley is the clear person to watch. They are clearly giving it a run to the playoffs with the biggest move being addition by subtraction in the form of Cojo. Bagley's return will be the interesting thing because if they want to build value for him he has to be used right and there won't be much time if they keep Whiteside on.
the fact we went on a 4-1 run and our defensive stats improved significantly the second Bagley went out. The tank commander has been Bagley not CoJo. Which means the Kings are lacking impact players on the front line still and will be after this draft.

I mean, when the team went on a big winning streak during that 10 game stretch, they were playing better defense with all of the bad defensuve culprits still in the lineup. The team was relatively healthy, the schedule was weak due to injuries and what not and Fox was going nuts.

The biggest thing right now over these last 5 games is Fox is going nuclear, the team is relatively healthy and Whiteside is back to help in the middle. This is also a weak part of the schedule.

Yeah, settled obviously doesn't dispense the fact that the Kings just took on a dude who beats on women. Yuck.
I'm not condoning any of this but the charges were dismissed, first of all.

Secondly, the league had also decided that he will not be disciplined further for it.

Last but probably most importantly, mainly for your concern listed in your comment, he is in a measly 2 year / $2,416,291 contract with the Toronto Raptors, including $2,416,291 guaranteed so it won't be a huge loss IF he gets in trouble for whatever reasons and we have to cut ties with him.

So just like most of the trades McNair has made, it's low risk with potentially high reward situation.

the fact we went on a 4-1 run and our defensive stats improved significantly the second Bagley went out. The tank commander has been Bagley not CoJo. Which means the Kings are lacking impact players on the front line still and will be after this draft.
One thing it's done is at least freed up some time not having to watch the NCAA tournament now, lol.

Looking at his playing time and it looks like he's very inconsistent (offense wise). He will have a string of games where he gets 17-20 mpg and one game he will put up 15, and the next 0, and after that 3 points. Undrafted and probably someone we will drop after the season. It looks like a lot of our trades today were just for players that won't be here next year. A lot of favors done today.

It's possible we keep our current starting lineup indefinitely, Barnes is best at the 4 anyway. We are going to have to take a closer look at Kai Jones, Garuba, Queta etc if we end up picking later. I still hold out a little hope for Wagner if Monte could trade up a handful of places. Easier to do outside the top ten.

any confirmation which second rounder we shipped off for him? Woj said future second and I've seen the Athletic say its the memphis pick from this year. If so that leaves us with just our own first round and second round pick for the draft. I was hoping to take 2 bigs in the second hoping one sticks.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I like this move the best, i live near T-dot, so ive seen him play a lot. He easily catches fire from three. Steal imo.
Yep. Feel like people are sleeping on Davis a bit. Another good tough guard. The Raptors are a freaking train wreck this year so I wouldn’t put much stock into some of his numbers dipping from his rookie year (in which he was a rotation guy on a playoff team). good defender, and good shooter with potential to be a great one, and Nurse was experimenting with using him as a facilitator this season. Kings fans have been screaming for the team to acquire 3-and-D guys and, well, we finally did. Plus he’s only 23.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Terrence Davis? So we just gave up a 2nd round pick for a domestic abuser who punched his girlfriend in the face in January?

Wow.
Just to be fair, most of the charges have been dropped, and he hasn't been convicted of anything yet, with emphasis on Yet. If something comes of it, then fine, he's fair game, but the law says your innocent until proven guilty. Many moons ago I once had a girlfriend who was angry at me and she called the police and accused me of physically abusing her. I had never laid a hand on her, and she eventually admitted that. But people in domestic spats will sometimes do and say things in anger that they later regret.

So I'll wait and see what the outcome is.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yep. Feel like people are sleeping on Davis a bit. Another good tough guard. The Raptors are a freaking train wreck this year so I wouldn’t put much stock into some of his numbers dipping from his rookie year (in which he was a rotation guy on a playoff team). good defender, and good shooter with potential to be a great one, and Nurse was experimenting with using him as a facilitator this season. Kings fans have been screaming for the team to acquire 3-and-D guys and, well, we finally did. Plus he’s only 23.
One thing I know about Davis is that he's a terrific defender, and he can score a little bit. There's upside there that McNair is betting on and it's a low risk gamble, so why not. If you go back and look at the games we lost, many were lost by only 2 to 4 points. If you can tweak the roster with a few players that can save you 3 to 4 points defensively, and may add a few points offensively, you suddenly win those games.

I know everyone is always looking for the big trade that brings in the savior, but sometimes it's the little moves that move the needle upwards.