Kings first round of coaching candidate interviews comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
If it's going to be Brown and he's going to continue with the Warriors until they win or are eliminated it makes no sense to announce it until then.

Fans "needing to know now" is not a good reason. In fact it's the same kind of dumb stuff "let's do something, anything!" that drives us into making the bad decisions that have crippled the franchise for years now. I'm totally comfortable waiting for the Warriors season to wrap.

If it's going to be Brown and he's going to continue with the Warriors until they win or are eliminated it makes no sense to announce it until then.

Fans "needing to know now" is not a good reason. In fact it's the same kind of dumb stuff "let's do something, anything!" that drives us into making the bad decisions that have crippled the franchise for years now. I'm totally comfortable waiting for the Warriors season to wrap.
If someone is hired there's no doubt it would probably leak and at the very least be known by the team they are currently with so what would the difference be? With no juggernaut team this season it's possible the Warriors season doesn't wrap until later June. The Kings going radio silent until then would be a bit ridiculous because it would be obvious anyway at that point.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
If someone is hired there's no doubt it would probably leak and at the very least be known by the team they are currently with so what would the difference be? With no juggernaut team this season it's possible the Warriors season doesn't wrap until later June. The Kings going radio silent until then would be a bit ridiculous because it would be obvious anyway at that point.
All true but the point stands there is no need to rush. Assuming that the Warriors knock off Memphis early if Morant can't go while the Mavs - Suns seems poised to go longer I wouldn't be surprised if it is wrapped up during the break between rounds.

Gentry was announced by the Pels as their new HC after the WCF and he stayed with the Warriors thru the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.