Kings extend QO to Willie Cauley-Stein

I think there is a fair chance he signs the QO and gets moved mid-way through the season, if he wants to get away from the Kings his best move is to be unrestricted next year. Theoretically we could then trade straight up for Capella. It's actually a great plan B if Horford and Vuc aren't in our future.
If he takes the QO he cant be traded.

I hear about all the other centers on the market but I must of missed all the teams that are putting up big bucks to sign WCS.

But once all the big fish are spoken for I surmise Willie will receive some offers. Now if Willie was worth what he thinks he is a big contract would be news around the league or at least some rumors some team has their eyes on stealing him away from us.

I hear about all the other centers on the market but I must of missed all the teams that are putting up big bucks to sign WCS.

But once all the big fish are spoken for I surmise Willie will receive some offers. Now if Willie was worth what he thinks he is a big contract would be news around the league or at least some rumors some team has their eyes on stealing him away from us.
What will be interesting is will he just solely blame the kings for not letting him "freely ball his way to bagz"

Or will this ground him some and get him to focus on playing the way that outside observers thinks makes the most since, ala Capella type?

My twitter feed up to this moment has not had one single rumor along the lines of "WCS to receive large offer from ______". Nothing. not a peep. Nada.

What if we have to take him back for a year at the 6.5M after all? Will the tepid FA interest humble him and he maybe comes to earth a little??

Entity

Hall of Famer
My twitter feed up to this moment has not had one single rumor along the lines of "WCS to receive large offer from ______". Nothing. not a peep. Nada.

What if we have to take him back for a year at the 6.5M after all? Will the tepid FA interest humble him and he maybe comes to earth a little??
Well in his defense nobody that has had QO extended are in the news. That’s usually 2-3 days in. First day is pretty much devoted to the unrestricted

One interesting thing of note is that a lot of moves today involve S&Ts, so teams do seem to be receptive. Question is can we somehow get a guy like Beverly and do a Willie sign and trade to get one other piece back? Even if it's just a guy we can trade in a future deadline deal that would be nice.

I was reading an article on Yahoo NBA earlier today, top 50 free agents, wondering where WCS would fall in comparison to Dedmon. Willie’s agent should probably check it out...WCS didn’t even make the list. ☹️

I am really curious where WCS will sign. The teams who might need a big imo are the hawks, bobcats, Clippers, Lakers, Celtics, Hornets and Wizards.

I am really curious where WCS will sign. The teams who might need a big imo are the hawks, bobcats, Clippers, Lakers, Celtics, Hornets and Wizards.
If the Hawks will give us a bag of chips, they can have him. But, you know, a family size bag of chips, and not one that’s all full of broken chips.

Bobcats and Hornets. Might be an interesting marketing opportunity to have a team with disassociative identity disorder. Teams never know if they’ll be playing the Bobcats or the Hornets. Might be fun with another decade of 35-40 win teams coming

Iam praying someone, ANYONE, makes Willie an offer. I really don’t want him in a kings uniform next year. Imagine a pissed off willie just steaming on the bench. He thinks so highly of himself........... if he isn’t starting he’s gonna poison this locker room. If he has to come back to the team that he perceives is holding him back? It ain’t gonna be pretty...........

Last edited:
Iam praying someone, ANYONE, makes Willie an offer. I really don’t want him in a kings uniform next year. Imagine a pissed off willie just steaming on the bench. He thinks so highly of himself........... if he isn’t starting he’s gonna poison this locker room. If he has to come back to the team that he perceives is holding him back? It ain’t gonna be pretty...........
That's up to him. If he wants to go out and have a stinker of a year he can wave buhbye to any bagz and playing free when he becomes UFA

Adios Willie, good luck with your extra curricular activities.
I think he’ll get a nice contract somewhere, and will, for the rest of his career, be the player we have seen the last couple years. Looks good from afar to the rest of the league, but the team that grabs him will be just as frustrated as we have been. If he ever commits to being a serious defensive stopper/role player, he could theoretically be a valuable member of a high end team.

I'm...I'm kinda sad Willie is gone. Not because I'll miss his contributions to the team, but because he's just been around for a bit and was an early pick and all. Also he was the easy scapegoat after every game and a constant center of discussion.

Not to mention, he's the reason I started following the Kings in the first place. Good luck Willie, hopefully you can grow as a person and a player.