[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

there is not one single coach or player that is on the Kings that was here the last time Boogie played for the Kings. Even the GM is different.
GM being different is the key to any chance of a Boogie King's return being beneficial for both sides.

By all accounts, Boogie had a good relationship with Vivek and Vlade was the one that blindsided Boogie with the trade. If Boogie can give us 10-15 minutes off the bench and can give us more production than Holmes, I would seriously think about it if I were Monte.

Boogie in the enforcer "Charles Oakley" role would be pretty entertaining.

We would either need to cut somebody (not a 2-way) or make a 2-for-1 trade (3-for-2, etc.) to open up a roster spot.
We need some changes around here anyway, and I'm not advocating for big cuz.

*If we needed to free up a spot . . .

San Antonio needs a big because Collins will be out with bone fracture.

Len for future 2nd (or)
Len and filler for future 2nd; waive filler.

I’m down for Boogie. He looked good in the places he’s played at the last couple of years. Boogie can do a lot of what Sabonis does so you don’t lose a lot when he goes to the bench. He may not be as good as he use to be but you know he will give you everything he has and won’t back down.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Is it worth getting an aging slight-improved Richaun Holmes? Cousins is going to be targeted defensively where's he's proven to be as slow-footed as Holmes...
The thing is that the team and Boogie know that he’s slow on defense so we can plan for that. For whatever reason, the team and Richaun keep putting him in the position to get completely blown by on defense because he used to be able to switch on the perimeter.

Mike Brown worked with Boogie on the Warriors right? As long as they have a good working relationship, I'd be happy to see a reunion with the big guy. He was great for us when he was still on the same page as the head coach. And maybe Bricklayer would resurface if Cousins returns and helps us get back to the playoffs? Speaking of, I wonder what kind of shape Tyreke Evans is in right now. Could bringing back all the former Kings for a feel-good exorcism of past failures be the real-life equivalent of crossing the streams in Ghostbusters?

After what happened to cousins I feel it would be big plus as we all know as he knows we didn’t want him to leave in the first place. Yes I would love to see that and if it didn’t work out on the floor it sure would give the fans a boost.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
After what happened to cousins I feel it would be big plus as we all know as he knows we didn’t want him to leave in the first place. Yes I would love to see that and if it didn’t work out on the floor it sure would give the fans a boost.
Some fans. Some fans are definitely against the idea.

I'm not necessarily adverse to the idea given I think he's probably mellowed a bit (not competitively, but emotionally). If he can still produce, it might be worth a shot. I didn't follow him at all once he was traded so I don't know what his performances have been like most recently. Don't bring him back if he can't help. But if he can help it might be worth exploring the idea.

The other question (beyond production) is team personality and fit with the other players. Don't mess with the chemistry these guys seem to be building. Blow that up and it isn't worth it.

It bothers me when some of the media keep bringing up his “boorish” behavior and say he’s a terrible teammate, etc, yet Micheal Malone loves the guy and would want him on his team if it was up to him. Is it because Boogie knows Malone is competent and wants to win and knows what he’s doing?

The difference between us making the Playoffs or not is the integrity of player confidence. The talent and coach are simply there. I've felt for a while that playing in Sac with its reputation and history has made past team's confidence fragile. This team and its players just have to know they are
much better than those past teams and are legitimately good, which they are. It's easy to see how hyped Fox would be on a winning Kings team and I believe that alone would make his game step up. If he's feeling himself, he's a flat out star. I think that winner's mind set would do similar things to some other players too. If the team doesn't let itself get rattled they'll have the season we've been waiting for.

Damn. I thought our defense was terrible? Seems like we are getting better one step at a time.
We didn't allow one fast break point vs. Cleveland which didn't pass the eye test but was repeated at multiple sources. Pretty cool.

Also what's hilarious is I was confused with SAS at the top :D read it as Sac by default at a top of the worst list.

Some fans. Some fans are definitely against the idea.

I'm not necessarily adverse to the idea given I think he's probably mellowed a bit (not competitively, but emotionally). If he can still produce, it might be worth a shot. I didn't follow him at all once he was traded so I don't know what his performances have been like most recently. Don't bring him back if he can't help. But if he can help it might be worth exploring the idea.

The other question (beyond production) is team personality and fit with the other players. Don't mess with the chemistry these guys seem to be building. Blow that up and it isn't worth it.
Truly the only thing that scares me. Most teammates actually really seem to like him and only say kind things, but, that doesn't guarantee chemistry. Sign me up, though! His offensive rebounding, sticky hands and insane passing + shooting ability? Yes, please.