Kings Can Not Win Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
webberfan - LA SACTO FAN is saying we have to TRADE someone to have a chance at a title. That's the primary objection I have to his comments.

True, we do need the team to focus more on rebounding. We've wanted and needed that every year, including those years when we went to the WCF. (If you recall, it wasn't rebounding that shot us in the foot. It was forgetting how to shoot FT.)

Saying we need to improve our rebounding is a lot different than a point-blank announcement that "Kings Can Not Win Title"... and going on to state unequivocally that "A trade is a must."

L

LA SACTO FAN

And I am saying to VF21 - that rebounding will not appear from the players at hand. They simply don't matchup with stronger competition.

L

LA SACTO FAN

My comment Kings Can't Win a Title is based on my defended argument regarding rebounding. Once read beyond the thread's title you can see my point. That was my only intention.

LA SACTO FAN said:
I'm a new guy. But gigantic Kings fan.

Don't get mad. I live in LA. I've watched every game since the team got good in 1999 and lost to Utah on Vlade's missed hook shot. I love the Kings. I hate the Lakers. My kid gets pounded at school for wearing Kings jerseys. I know the team. I kicked Pollard's bobblehead clean off when Horry made the shot.

Reality bites. Miller - Webber - Peja - Songalia - Ostertag are SLOW and can't jump. They will get killed on the boards all season. It will matter against good teams.

We can not win a title without an athletic big guy. I love Kings basketball. It hurts. A trade is a must. I want no one to go but they can not win with the front line they have. Damn.
LA SACTO GUY, you might want to change your approach if you really want to be heard. You do not make your first post to say something like this "Im from LA, the Kings suck...err, but I like them."
That is how I read your initial comments.
Instead, register. Go to the lounge. Do a few association games, +1 thread, get your post count up a bit, then try the Kings cant win, im from LA, I love the Kings.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Back to the topic at hand -

Bottom line for me is that I'm not going to make a summary judgment on this team, especially this early in the season. Too many things can happen to decide at this point, IMHO, that the Kings will not be able to win the title without trading someone...

And, homer that I am, I have every confidence the team will do whatever it takes to get the job done!

GO KINGS!!!

:D

I saw nothing wrong with LA SACTO FAN's first post. He's a fan and has the right to his opinion whether it rubs people the wrong way or not. He said nothing nasty in his post. Any KING fan should be able to praise or critisize the team as long as they do it in an intelligent and articulate way. LA SACTO FAN simply stated his opinion that our rebounding will not get the job done this year in his opinion with the players we have. He suggested a trade. Who cares?

Heuge said:
LA SACTO GUY, you might want to change your approach if you really want to be heard. You do not make your first post to say something like this "Im from LA, the Kings suck...err, but I like them."
lol

L

LA SACTO FAN

Wow. If you guys knew all the abuse I took for badmouthing the last five years you wouldn't be so defensive (including two letters printed in the times bashing them and praising the Kings.

As a fan, an informed fan - I've simply deducted they don't have the horses to go all the way. Geez, I said it hurt to admit - but it's true. Even Vf21 finally landed onto my message whatever it takes to win ----- EVEN A TRADE.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
LA SACTO FAN said:
Wow. If you guys knew all the abuse I took for badmouthing the last five years you wouldn't be so defensive (including two letters printed in the times bashing them and praising the Kings.

As a fan, an informed fan - I've simply deducted they don't have the horses to go all the way. Geez, I said it hurt to admit - but it's true. Even Vf21 finally landed onto my message whatever it takes to win ----- EVEN A TRADE.
We're not defensive. That's a term generally used by Laker fans pretending to be Kings fans, which might be part of the problem... Quit judging us and we won't react so strongly.

VF21 does NOT subscribe to your EVEN A TRADE theory, especially at this point in the year. I personally believe we have all the pieces we need. It's simply a matter of fitting them together properly...

You're an informed fan. If you stick around here, I think you'll be surprised by the number of truly informed fans on this board. You are entitled to your opinions but that's what message boards are all about. You can post them and call them fact, but they're still just your opinions.

Relax.

We have an excellent group of members on this board. Some of them have knowledge that puts most sportscasters to shame.

It's all good.

BUT - I don't support a trade at this point. Period.

;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh geez.

Whatever dude. You are way too uptight for me to deal with - and that's saying something.

GO KINGS!!

Rebounding Big men

Is this guy stupid or just doesn't know his own teams stats? C-Webb is avg almost 11 reb a game and is 8th in the league in rebounding! You think Chandler or Curry could do better? They can't even get off the bench . Miller's bounds are down but he's still getting over 8 a game! If you studied the teams stats you would see the guards and Peja need to get more Reb not the big men. As for Ostertag he is a Huge freak but give him a chance to get in the flow .. the one thing he has consistantly shown his whole career is that he can rebound. Their rebounding is terrible, it's the worst in the league but their two big men are two of the best in the league! Get your facts straight. I think he's a Faker fan! Now they really suck this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.