[Game] Kings @ Bucks - Sunday, Nov. 4 - 12:30 PST

Whats the best defense against Giannis. I would think someone strong that can match his quickness to keep him out of the paint. I think willie would pick up quick fouls against him. I say throw shump and troy williams at him.

I dont know about this one (speaking positively). I feel like the Kings are a matchup nightmare for most any team. I think one underrated factor is how well Fox has been finding players that are open and gets them the ball where it's an easy catch and shoot or one dribble and shoot situation.

I'm super impressed with that one aspect of Foxs game right now, his ability to find people in scoring spots. I think for all of Tyrekes faults his one major fault was when he collapsed the defense he wasnt able to find the man in the right spot and deliver the ball to them where it was easy for them to one motion up the shot or dunk. Rather they had to gather and get off a shot off balance. Fox is doing a tremendous job at that one seemingly minor aspect yet major for easy scoring opportunities.

That kid is special and one day he will be able to score the rock with the best of them. But his ability to get the ball to the right spot is what will make him almost Nash-like. Sans high percentage shooting, I honestly think Fox can be a Nash type passer. And who knows. His mechanics are solid. He could end up with a similar efficiency.

One last point and I'll leave it up to the board to talk about if it's of interest. I was wondering if his free throw woes are due to him going so damn hard that he just doesnt have the right legs at the line. Like maybe he is either too worn out to get that proper lift at the line or he is just too wound up to go go go that he cant settle down?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I dont know about this one (speaking positively). I feel like the Kings are a matchup nightmare for most any team. I think one underrated factor is how well Fox has been finding players that are open and gets them the ball where it's an easy catch and shoot or one dribble and shoot situation.

That kid is special and one day he will be able to score the rock with the best of them. But his ability to get the ball to the right spot is what will make him almost Nash-like. Sans high percentage shooting, I honestly think Fox can be a Nash type passer. And who knows. His mechanics are solid. He could end up with a similar efficiency.

One last point and I'll leave it up to the board to talk about if it's of interest. I was wondering if his free throw woes are due to him going so damn hard that he just doesnt have the right legs at the line. Like maybe he is either too worn out to get that proper lift at the line or he is just too wound up to go go go that he cant settle down?
The one thing I admired most about Steve Nash was his incredible court vision. It was like he had a circle of eyes around his entire head and not just the two we mere mortals have. I'm seeing glimpses of the same thing with Fox.

The game against the Bucks will give us an idea of what we've got, what we need to work on, and whether or not good teams are going to be able to shut down our kids.

I don't expect us to win, necessarily, but I do expect to see a good game. I just wish it wasn't a Sunday matinee.

The one thing I admired most about Steve Nash was his incredible court vision. It was like he had a circle of eyes around his entire head and not just the two we mere mortals have. I'm seeing glimpses of the same thing with Fox.

The game against the Bucks will give us an idea of what we've got, what we need to work on, and whether or not good teams are going to be able to shut down our kids.

I don't expect us to win, necessarily, but I do expect to see a good game. I just wish it wasn't a Sunday matinee.
Sunday matinee is good for all our Balkan friends.

I hope we get Giannis in foul trouble. At least we're gonna see Marvin matched up vs him at somepoint, that should be fun.

10-point dogs in this game.

Bledsoe is gonna try to use his strength advantage on Fox at every opportunity.

Buddy and dare I say Justin Jackson are gonna need to be on their A games to pull this off.

I think Bjelicia has at least a shot at somewhat containing Giannis. Just play off of him and try and force him to take jumpshots(if he makes them you can live with it). I'd like to see what Bagley can do against him as well. Bagley has actually defended quite well, individually at least. He has the length and quickness to contest.

This will be a tough game, BUT kings play very good against average 3pt shooting teams...they struggle against the big bomber teams. The bucks are not a top 3pt shooting team so I expect us to keep this game competitive