[Game] Kings at Wizards, Sunday Nov. 24, 3 PM PT/6 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The teams current play style fits Bogi so much more than last seasons frantic pace. This team should play fast when Fox comes back but Fox also has to learn how to play a more half court style if this team ever wants to have success in the playoffs.
To be fair, he was looking better and better in this system right up until he got injured. His elite ability to shift gears translates just as well to the half court as it does the break.

The teams current play style fits Bogi so much more than last seasons frantic pace. This team should play fast when Fox comes back but Fox also has to learn how to play a more half court style if this team ever wants to have success in the playoffs.
That's gonna be on our coaching staff to figure out.

How we are going to pay Bogie and Fox and Bagley and Giles is on Vlade.

I wish them all good luck. It's not gonna be easy for any of them..

That Barnes guy is pretty good for us after an actual training camp huh? Didn’t really even get that, actually
Barnes is one of my basketball takes red lines. If someone thinks Barnes is not good, or overpaid, I know I don’t need to concern myself with that person’s basketball opinions anymore.

And I will never forget PDA’s boy, Bobby Marks, going on Lowe’s podcast and saying the Mavs got the better player. Hey Bobby, regale me with more stories of how your magically not actually involved in the KG/Pierce trade. These are the ‘“expert” opinions ESPN pays top dollar for. Please remember that when citing national media opinion/innuendo.

Yes JJ is showing he belongs here in the NBA.

He is getting a good run and must be doing what the coach desires which is good. I can not wait till he gets more experience and the coach takes some of the reins off.

That's gonna be on our coaching staff to figure out.

How we are going to pay Bogie and Fox and Bagley and Giles is on Vlade.

I wish them all good luck. It's not gonna be easy for any of them..
I don't think Giles has much of a future in Sac. Kings have to feel his injuries are not worth investing in. Holmes should be considered part of our core though. He is everything you want from a modern center.

Holmes for DPOY and All NBA defense first team this guy is my favorite ever Kings role player
JJ looks impressive and fearless
Bogi did his thing despite but shooting
Belly bad shoot/turnovers but excellent D/boards/passing
Buddy/Barnes solid
Dedmon despite a small flurry at the end needs to go imo.

Really nice win here.

Let’s not forget, we’re 7-3 without Fox and Bagley. We have great depth. Imagine if we can continue rolling and add Fox and Bagley back into the equation. The last two Playoff seeds are wide open it looks like.
At least. The season is extremely young still. This team has found its identity, and, I think it's good this has happened with Fox and Bagley out. They've learned about themselves. Things are wide open for this team. If our stars come back and we start clicking, we could easily go on a 9-1 run. If we can hover around .500, and then pull off one or two runs like that this season, that's exactly what teams like the Spurs do every year. You end up 10-20 games over .500 if you do that. Otherwise known as the 6th - 3rd seed. That's the real potential of this team as it's constructed... this season.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I think Bagley can fit in with how this team is playing. More of a half court drag it out game. Bogi running the show with guys like Barnes and Bagley pounding it inside and Buddy spreading the floor. The question will be how you handle the rotation because Holmes has been such a key cog to the better play. His pick and roll and rim defense is insane and his roll gravity on offense is near elite.
I doubt Bagley's return will decrease the minutes of Holmes.

Im enjoying all the good feedback new JJ is getting after his WTF draft story. We all know there are diamonds late in the 2nd round, we are just not use to getting them.

Bogdan is impressive of late, hope that story stays alive and he sticks around. Not sure how those minutes will distribute once Fox is back but Walton has to make that work. I thought I heard Fox doesn’t look for Bogdan enough?

Enjoyed the game. Frustrating when they're not hitting their outside shots. But things are clicking fairly well for the Kings these days. Scrappy defense. I like what I'm seeing.
If I may inject one complaint... Does anyone else get annoyed over what James Ham has to say and write? I can't quite put my finger on it, but his analysis and conclusions just seem a bit naive or immature. Or something. The first paragraph of his write-up of tonight's game was a total negative. Why would the first thing you want to communicate about today's game be all negative? Reminds me of a teenager who uses criticism to get attention.

In the past if you told me that two of our best players are out and injured. Then two of our best scorers left will have a off night and on the road I would of penciled in a loss.

But WOW it’s amazing what a good defensive effort and ball movement means for this team .

Looking for Bagley’s return and also hope he buys into the defense and ball movement concepts coach Walton has installed in this team. I am dreaming of a athletic big that gives us what Holmes does with a better low post offense along with a jump shot

In the past if you told me that two of our best players are out and injured. Then two of our best scorers left will have a off night and on the road I would of penciled in a loss.

But WOW it’s amazing what a good defensive effort and ball movement means for this team .

Looking for Bagley’s return and also hope he buys into the defense and ball movement concepts coach Walton has installed in this team. I am dreaming of a athletic big that gives us what Holmes does with a better low post offense along with a jump shot
One of our best players is out the other five are all playing in Bogi/Barnes/Buddy/Bjelly/Holmes.

Thanks to anyone that has mentioned defense on this thread. The Kings' are playing much better team defense under Walton. That is how they overcame a lackluster shooting night, being outrebounded, too many turnovers and a lot of other things. When you play defense you always have a chance.

Watching the Kings players step up after losing some guys to injuries is very gratifying. And we have all gotten a look at Justin James. He was the best player in the Mountain West for several years. When the Kings drafted him I could not help but say out loud. "wait until he gets a chance to play."

Last edited:
I just can't get enough of Cory Joseph. For a kid that can't seem to shoot, and at this point is reluctant to do so, the impact he's had on these games cannot be measured by looking at the box score.

What he did to Beal last night was huge. He completely shut down Trae for a 6 minute stretch when Atlanta was making their run.

This kid is a gamer. Loved his postgame interview yesterday. And just think, mean reversion should produce a couple of decent shooting games to accompany the excellent lockdown man defense.

Last edited:
I just can't get enough of Cory Joseph. For a kid that can't seem to shoot, and at this point is reluctant to do so, the impact he's had on these games cannot be measured by looking at the box score.

What he did to Beal last night was huge. He completely shut down Trae for a 6 minute stretch when Atlanta was making their run.

This kid is a gamer. Loved his postgame interview yesterday. And just think, mean reversion should produce a couple of decent shooting games to accompany the excellent lockdown man defense.
Buddy also spent quite a bit of time (and energy) guarding Beal. We rarely think of Buddy's defense as a positive, but last night he earned some praise from me for his D.

Status
Not open for further replies.