[Game] Kings at Heat - Monday, Jan. 20 - 2PT/5ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pro-tank slang for a loss being a win as far as draft position goes.
yeah without going deep into another LIN debate.... Memphis is a great example. They insured if they were going to lose they lost big. As a result the got JJJ and Morant and are now fighting for a playoff slot.

of course that also means you can’t completely F up your picks or trade them away. LOL

Why did it have to be a close game? I wasn’t expecting a win, but damn Kings just playing with our emotions snatching defeat from the jaws of victory :(. Kind of wish it was as bad as the jazz game. I guess knowing we have another “L2M report shoulda won” night light a fire under our butts and win these next 3 games.

Hate on the team all you want but don’t crap on a kings fan loving this team. Nobody wants the team to lose and loving them or the city despite them not doing well is their prerogative. Attack the players, coach or front office but attacking the fans is kind of a [rude] move.

*Note - this post edited to remove the quote of a deleted post and for inappropriate language. Normally I would just delete the post entirely due to it being a response to a deleted post, but in this case I think the sentiment is worthwhile even if the quoted post is gone. -Capt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did it have to be a close game? I wasn’t expecting a win, but damn Kings just playing with our emotions snatching defeat from the jaws of victory :(. Kind of wish it was as bad as the jazz game. I guess knowing we have another “L2M report shoulda won” night light a fire under our butts and win these next 3 games.
Honestly, the Bam bam lush off was egregious. Even seen in real time, the 2 handed push off was all bad. That gets called 9/10 times, with the 10th time being the Kings.

That push off was ugly.

What is there to be optimistic about? We dont have the worst record in the league? I mean, if I played for the Kings, there are only so many VF21 posts about how she loves this team before I gag and wonder just why do you love us as this perennial loser?

Do you not expect anything better?

kf.com has become the defacto place of just giving in. We *****. We moan. We are regulated with an iron fist to not go overboard bitching and moaning.

***** and moan a bit but dont do it too much or we will censor you, warn you and probably ban you for negativity.

This team and franchise has pretty much hit rock bottom. After the goodwill bought from last season, patience has run out. You cant preach patience after being on the cusp and taking a large leap back. We were sold on a jump. There is no optimism.
haha. Bagley played much better defensively but I get your frustration.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Honestly, the Bam bam lush off was egregious. Even seen in real time, the 2 handed push off was all bad. That gets called 9/10 times, with the 10th time being the Kings.

That push off was ugly.
This. I agree with the "don't blame the refs sentiment" but that was the most blatant of the many bad calls that have gone against the Kings this season.

Why don't we just give the ball to Bjelcia in the clutch and let him go one on one, the guy is an elite clutch player instead we are giving it to "generational" Fox who sucked the whole game and looked like Buddy Hield without the shooting.

Than again good result we are only 13 games below 500. we need to build on it.

Bagley was solid first game he actually helped in props to him.

So I see Kings HQ is ready to blame this one on the refs again instead of the absolutely stupid coaching decisions.
They are still tired from the trip to India it will take till next season for the symptoms to wear off

Also if refs are to blame than does that not make not drafting Luka 100 times worse since he gets calls? But let me guess if he was a "Kang" he would not be getting those calls.

Why don't we just give the ball to Bjelcia in the clutch and let him go one on one, the guy is an elite clutch player instead we are giving it to "generational" Fox who sucked the whole game and looked like Buddy Hield without the shooting.
Of all the players to land on, you pick Fox? While propping the guy that blew the defensive coverage that helped make OT possible? Seriously?

Bjelica‘s defense on the game tying three was a joke. Fox didn’t make the lame pass that resulted in the final TO in OT. That be Bogie. Unlike most, Fox has actually been playing well lately until suffering from a poor shooting night last night.

I don’t get it, but whatever.

The more I think about the Kings and everything that's going on this season the less I understand anything. The fact that we have a far worse score with Fox and Bagley on the team compared to when they were injured tells me that we either:
1) Have a coach who's not capable of incorporating all the players properly or
2) Have a bad team selection in terms of player capabilities and characteristics

Either way, the change is necessary. We keep losing and we're not changing anything to prevent that from happening. That's the worse thing.

Of all the players to land on, you pick Fox? While propping the guy that blew the defensive coverage that helped make OT possible? Seriously?

Bjelica‘s defense on the game tying three was a joke. Fox didn’t make the lame pass that resulted in the final TO in OT. That be Bogie. Unlike most, Fox has actually been playing well lately until suffering from a poor shooting night last night.

Fox was by far the worse King tonight, if Buddy did what Fox did people would be calling for his beheading.

Fox was by far the worse King tonight, if Buddy did what Fox did people would be calling for his beheading.
We all here don't deny that DFox choked tonight. It was quite evident he did. What's been happening with Buddy has been an ongoing issue. That being said, Buddy I thought played much better tonight and deserves some props for that.

All we really need is some good consistency and a lot of issues, like winning, would be solved.

We all here don't deny that DFox choked tonight. It was quite evident he did. What's been happening with Buddy has been an ongoing issue. That being said, Buddy I thought played much better tonight and deserves some props for that.

All we really need is some good consistency and a lot of issues, like winning, would be solved.
The last thing this team needs is winning or being a 500. the rest of the season.

The Kings need some wins! The draft is not that important this year IMO. The Kings need to continue to develop their young players, hopefully stay healthy. Mostly they need to regroup and play team basketball.

There is plenty of blame to go around. The players, coaches and front office need to acknowledge the mistakes, then move on.

The best thing about this season is Mr Holmes developing into the force he is.

If this group can play through all these losses and turmoil and come out with a decent record from here on out most Fans could accept it.

Im not sure why you say that. I re-watched that play and Beli was there with a hand up in his face. Fouling the player would be worse.

The more I think about the Kings and everything that's going on this season the less I understand anything. The fact that we have a far worse score with Fox and Bagley on the team compared to when they were injured tells me that we either:
1) Have a coach who's not capable of incorporating all the players properly or
2) Have a bad team selection in terms of player capabilities and characteristics

Either way, the change is necessary. We keep losing and we're not changing anything to prevent that from happening. That's the worse thing.
our Fox and Bagley are young poor defenders with potential but potential doesn’t win games this year. People talked about when Fox and Bagley come back we could well be worse and we are.

This post is lame. How much attention do you need?
why, he is clearly in the Lin crowd at this point. Given how the year has gone and our lack of wings, that position is a perfectly reasonable and optimistic one to take.

I wouldn’t slam anyone for looking for hope wherever they could find it.

I refuse to play the W/L game, and especially to use those made up words to describe results. I can take some silver lining that a hard fought loss we were cheated out of the W probably benefits us on draft day, but I think we've all seen how the lottery can change a 7 pick to a 2 or what have you, so now counting chickens. I do believe that if this team plays honest and hard and doesn't tank the ball will bounce their way again. All that said, I still have to believe we have a solid core and that Fox and Bagley will rebound and the Buddy/Bogi situation will resolve itself by the offseason. So it's important that the disappointing losses don't destroy the chemistry and culture that I think we had successfully built which lead to the big expectations this season. So I'd like to see us start winning some even if the playoffs and .500 are out of reach.

L2M report actually said it was a correct non call on bam. Looked like it was a foul to me but they didn’t admit it this time. :( Looks like we just blew the game

Status
Not open for further replies.