Kings acquire Mfiondu Kabengele

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
What asset do you think we got here?
Kabengele isn’t chopped liver. He really produced in G-league and has been buried so deep on the Clippers bench that we don’t know what he’s really capable of. Also I’d wager that the pick the Clippers are sending back to us is better than the one we sent to them.

Kabengele isn’t chopped liver. He really produced in G-league and has been buried so deep on the Clippers bench that we don’t know what he’s really capable of. Also I’d wager that the pick the Clippers are sending back to us is better than the one we sent to them.
The one we sent is protected and likely won’t convey. It’s a good move, if you planned to play him.

I mean the exception was going to expire, the seconds won't likely convey....

Whatever he is owed the rest of the year.......I mean Vivek may have just got a "free" 500k or million in cash for doing nothing. I don't blame him for this if that was the case.
Is that true of the Clippers second or just the Kings? Woj’s tweet says just the Kings pick is protected.

Is that true of the Clippers second or just the Kings? Woj’s tweet says just the Kings pick is protected.
Neither likely to convey man.

We need a body because of injuries, I'm pretty sure we did it for cash.

Why not either? Unless you could of squeezed out a meager asset using the TPE somewhere else today.

Right. The major issue, as it has been since last season, remains our head coach being absolutely incapable of playing anyone younger than 28 years old unless they’re so transcendently good that he has no choice.
is that the head coach or an owner that thinks this team is capable of being a playoff team? You think it’s the former and I think it’s the head up his ass later.

Neither likely to convey man.

We need a body because of injuries, I'm pretty sure we did it for cash.

Why not either? Unless you could of squeezed out a meager asset using the TPE somewhere else today.
so I’m not doubting you but could you post a link that’s says that?

never mind I see the updated Woj tweet. Watching USC play and Isaiah Mobley looking good.

So we get a young guy who was a recent late first round pick and had fairly impressive defensive stats in the g league for nothing. Seems like a nice move.

The inability of our coach to utilise younger, less proven players consistently may limit the value of this acquisition.

So we get a young guy who was a recent late first round pick and had fairly impressive defensive stats in the g league for nothing. Seems like a nice move.

The inability of our coach to utilise younger, less proven players consistently may limit the value of this acquisition.
you have to figure minutes might be necessary soon. Belly probably gets traded, I won’t be shocked if Whiteside gets bought out. With Bagley and Metu hurt, Luke may be left with no choice. Then again I’ve been clamoring for Buddy to get some minutes at the five considering he is our best post defender.

you have to figure minutes might be necessary soon. Belly probably gets traded, I won’t be shocked if Whiteside gets bought out. With Bagley and Metu hurt, Luke may be left with no choice. Then again I’ve been clamoring for Buddy to get some minutes at the five considering he is our best post defender.
That's true. Luke may be left with no choice. But until then I'm a cynic.

His option wasn't picked up from my understanding. So the max the Kings can offer if they like him next year should be what his option was.....

So if he does well here we likely lose him in FA.

I'm going to guess the cash considerations may be above his salary.
Walton is coaching so he won't play anyway and won't even have a chance to break out.

This franchise is always one step ahead of the rest of the league.

All the one-and-dones have shifted the perspective so much that dudes are calling Bagley old at 22.

i'd been meaning to ask this question:

"In the 'old days', when players generally entered the nba in their early 20's (21-23), it was generally agreed that a player's 'prime' was age 27-32 (or 26-31). But today, when the very best players enter the league at 19, what IS a player's 'prime' age?".

i'd been meaning to ask this question:

"In the 'old days', when players generally entered the nba in their early 20's (21-23), it was generally agreed that a player's 'prime' was age 27-32 (or 26-31). But today, when the very best players enter the league at 19, what IS a player's 'prime' age?".
It should still be about the same. The main reason men enter their prime around 26 or 27 is that is when their body finishes growing.

That might be spilling the beans on a Whiteside/Bjelica buyout.
No way. Kabengele won't see the floor in a Kings uniform for more than a couple minutes here and there. This was probably a favor. I wish they would play Whiteside more than they currently are. I don't get the logic behind not playing him much.

No way. Kabengele won't see the floor in a Kings uniform for more than a couple minutes here and there. This was probably a favor. I wish they would play Whiteside more than they currently are. I don't get the logic behind not playing him much.
You're probably right but there is still a chance, even if it sounds like a far off one, that Monte hits the reset at the deadline. There's enough chatter to make it appear as if it's at the very least on the table. They picked up Metu and played him so who knows if they do go down a few bigs because there's not a real need at some point.

Was pretty sure this was a cash grab.

CBS agrees.

17. Kings get Kabengele just so they can release him
The Clippers wanted to clear a roster spot and the Kings gladly obliged by taking on Kabengele -- who has played a grand total of 158 minutes in two NBA seasons -- picking up some cold, hard cash for their troubles. It was promptly reported that Kabengele would be released by the Kings after they acquired a few more players before the deadline. This move is about as insignificant as they come, but good on Sacramento for taking the free money.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...hort-heat-finesse-rockets-for-victor-oladipo/

Was pretty sure this was a cash grab.

CBS agrees.

17. Kings get Kabengele just so they can release him
The Clippers wanted to clear a roster spot and the Kings gladly obliged by taking on Kabengele -- who has played a grand total of 158 minutes in two NBA seasons -- picking up some cold, hard cash for their troubles. It was promptly reported that Kabengele would be released by the Kings after they acquired a few more players before the deadline. This move is about as insignificant as they come, but good on Sacramento for taking the free money.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...hort-heat-finesse-rockets-for-victor-oladipo/
How does that work though? I assume the cash had to be less than his salary, or the Clippers would just waive him, and if not, why would we do it?

How does that work though? I assume the cash had to be less than his salary, or the Clippers would just waive him, and if not, why would we do it?
No they opened up a roster spot, and I'm pretty sure close to the hard cap.

To them giving us more loot than the remainder of his contract serves them better. Look for other buyouts etc then them bringing in someone they want instead.

Vivek does it to get cash for nothing, unless you think we could of used the TPE for an asset instead of cash.

No they opened up a roster spot, and I'm pretty sure close to the hard cap.

To them giving us more loot than the remainder of his contract serves them better. Look for other buyouts etc then them bringing in someone they want instead.

Vivek does it to get cash for nothing, unless you think we could of used the TPE for an asset instead of cash.
If Clippers were just doing it for a roster spot couldn't they just waive him? Unless it was purely a cap situation but the cap impact of his salary is basically close to nothing.

If Clippers were just doing it for a roster spot couldn't they just waive him? Unless it was purely a cap situation but the cap impact of his salary is basically close to nothing.
You can't add even minimum salary if you are hard capped. I'm pretty sure they are hard capped or close to being so.