Kings acquire Mfiondu Kabengele

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
With Metu and Bagley out, this might just be a big man depth move made regardless of some sort of buyout situation.
Bagley is only out for 4 weeks though right? Also, they've been playing small and the 3 bigs has been just fine. Walton is still playing the 2 bigs at a time too even though it's garbage. This could also be a way for the Kings to make sure Woodard never leaves the bench again. haha.

So the Kings get a player and cash for....free?
Looks like it. Clippers want to be active in the buy-out market is my guess. We get a young player that could be a severe position of need here shortly depending on what happens with Holmes, Bagley, Whiteside and Bjelica.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/k/kabenmf01d.html

G-League stats from last year. Wasn't particularly a great 3pt shooter, but the volume (6 3PA/game) is pretty eye-opening.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
In all seriousness though Kabengele isn’t an entirely useless prospect. He’s still relatively young and super long and a really good athlete. He blocks shots fairly well (fairly certain his uncle would disown him if he didn’t) but is sorta limited to being a poorman’s Trez on offense, though it should be noted that the Clippers had him shooting tons of threes in G-League.

His option wasn't picked up from my understanding. So the max the Kings can offer if they like him next year should be what his option was.....

So if he does well here we likely lose him in FA.

I'm going to guess the cash considerations may be above his salary.

His option wasn't picked up from my understanding. So the max the Kings can offer if they like him next year should be what his option was.....

So if he does well here we likely lose him in FA.
I'm pretty sure he's one foot out of the NBA door already. If this doesn't have to do with moving Whiteside/Bjelica then he's got no chance at seeing any court time. Then again, this is Luke Walton we're talking about.

I'm pretty sure he's one foot out of the NBA door already. If this doesn't have to do with moving Whiteside/Bjelica then he's got no chance at seeing any court time. Then again, this is Luke Walton we're talking about.
I mean the exception was going to expire, the seconds won't likely convey....

Whatever he is owed the rest of the year.......I mean Vivek may have just got a "free" 500k or million in cash for doing nothing. I don't blame him for this if that was the case.

In all seriousness though Kabengele isn’t an entirely useless prospect. He’s still relatively young and super long and a really good athlete. He blocks shots fairly well (fairly certain his uncle would disown him if he didn’t) but is sorta limited to being a poorman’s Trez on offense, though it should be noted that the Clippers had him shooting tons of threes in G-League.
If we were going to actually play him, see how he develops and get a decent pick..... I would be ecstatic. But knowing we are going to play a short bench and Barnes 41 minutes does it really matter?