King James would love to be a King

I got this from another fantastic Kings site. Credit goes to pistonjw fo finding this. Something that will fuel the rumor mills today. Does make one dream and drool though.
----------------------
Associated Press --

In a fairly surprising comments late yesterday, LeBron James, one of the most spetacular upcoming stars in the league, said that he "always has a crush" about the Sacramento Kings and expressed strong desire to join the team this summer, if not later.

James made the comments after the team practice at Gund Arena today. Brendan Malone, the interim head coach of Cleveland Cavaliers, refused to comment after hearing the reported speech.

"I always loved to watch the Kings' play, no kidding, I always do" James said. "Everyone loved to pass and everyone can shoot."

"That's the ideal environment for any basketball players, and most importantly, that fits my style."

When asked if there's anything turned sour in his current team, James adeptly dodged this question by just saying: "It's all about consistency, man, consistency is the main thing."

"Everything is perfectly fine here. But sometimes, you feel like you are just like being stucked. Then you will look out and find something challenging."

As if trying to proof his deep love about the Kings, James even mentioned the possible lineup once he joined Sacramento.

"Bib (Bibby) and I will definitely form one of the best backcourt in the league, you can bet on it. And we have peja, one of the toughest players in the league who always not afraid to mix it inside and one of the players I always admired of."

"Even flicking this idea really gets me excited."

John Paxson, the general manager of Cavaliers, only said this after hearing James' words: "Right now my mind only focus on 2 important things, one is that we are still fighting for our playoff appearance, and the other is that he (James) is still under the rookie contract for at least 2 more years."

Trading James, which would immediately make Paxson the public-enemy in the area of Ohio, is not hard technically than it appeared to be intially, however. James, who will make 4.62 M next year, can trade with almost any players without the restriction of league salary rules because Cleveland's salary total will be way under cap this summer. A package of Peja Stojakovic and Bobby Jackson, both in their last year of current contract, seems like a reasonable trade proposal on paper.

But some will still wonder if this could become another major steal by Geoff Petrie, the vice presedent and general manager of the Kings. Over the last decade, Petrie has reinforced this team via almost any possible ways, including trades, drafts and free agents.

This February, Petrie traded his most-heralded star player Chris Webber before the trade deadline in exchange for Brian Skinner, Kenny Thomas and Corliss Williamson. Kings are 10-9 after the trade and ranked the 6th seed in the western conference in playoffs begins today.

The Cavs will host the Kings 8 PM ET tonight at Gund Arena, and considerable media stuffs, reporters and camera lights are expected to increase due to James' comments.

D

DeAtHrOw

slugking50 said:
I
"Bib (Bibby) and I will definitely form one of the best backcourt in the league, you can bet on it. And we have peja, one of the toughest players in the league who always not afraid to mix it inside and one of the players I always admired of."

This just gave it away ;)

KingsFan54 said:
I agree, very bad writing. Who ever wrote this should take english and grammer lessons.
Considering English is PistonJW's second language I thought he did a pretty good job. Much better than I could have done in Taiwanese, that's for sure!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Ha! Ha! The whole time I was reading this I was thinking, "too bad this is April 1st and I know it is a joke." The whole idea makes for a great dream though. Geoff, let's work on it. :p

wow, you guys are much more awake than I am this morning, I had forgotten it was April 1!! Have to admit, I had to read the line about Peja's toughness about 3 times though.... lol....

I didn't quite catch on about it being fake until towards the end. I didn't take the article seriously, though. I thought it was just Bron being complimentary about an opponent.

slugking50 said:
^
You had me, right up until this point.