KING DEMAR

dude12

Hall of Famer
Derozan joining the Kings is going to be similar to when Vince Carter joined the team. Similar in that you get to see up close and personal their greatness and seemingly how good people they are. The big difference is that Vince was at the end of a long ass career and Derozan just averaged 24/5/5 on 37 minutes a game. Those who may not be understanding what Monte just did will be in for a treat.

The full arsenal of moves and shot angles, including some good looking deep shots. I think he probably patterned his game by watching Kobe and he really has the closest game to him currently.

Just a lethal offensive player
He looked very Kobe-esque too in those highlights. Scoring from everywhere. Rising to the moment against a passionate yet hostile crowd.

Hard not to get pumped up about adding this dude. He's a competitor.

Derozan joining the Kings is going to be similar to when Vince Carter joined the team. Similar in that you get to see up close and personal their greatness and seemingly how good people they are. The big difference is that Vince was at the end of a long ass career and Derozan just averaged 24/5/5 on 37 minutes a game. Those who may not be understanding what Monte just did will be in for a treat.
Crazy enough, Demars comp coming out was VC.

I think he's the best offensive player on this team...and it's not close
It's gonna be close between he and Fox I would argue.

But I don't care for such arguments personally. I just wanna see this team have a shot at redemption for 2002.

It will be so nice to have a closing lineup of Fox/Monk/Demar/Keegan/Domas and have 3 players who can go get a bucket or kick out and a top notch screener/passer/finisher around the hoop.

Eta: If we get rookie year Keegan on the wing then it's lights out shooting too.

Last edited:
It's gonna be close between he and Fox I would argue.

But I don't care for such arguments personally. I just wanna see this team have a shot at redemption for 2002.

It will be so nice to have a closing lineup of Fox/Monk/Demar/Keegan/Domas and have 3 players who can go get a bucket or kick out and a top notch screener/passer/finisher around the hoop.

Eta: If we get rookie year Keegan on the wing then it's lights out shooting too.
With the game on the line, I'm trying to get the ball to DeRozan

As DDR mentioned in his interviews, he took losing the inaugural CPOY to Fox personally. He was reminded of the buzzer beater that Fox had against the Bulls and ensured that his team won this time around. Love that in a competitor. Glad he is on our side now. It's mind boggling how many people underestimate the player that we got.

As DDR mentioned in his interviews, he took losing the inaugural CPOY to Fox personally. He was reminded of the buzzer beater that Fox had against the Bulls and ensured that his team won this time around. Love that in a competitor. Glad he is on our side now. It's mind boggling how many people underestimate the player that we got.
He took a team down 20 pt's and hit EVERYTHING going for 7 for 7 I believe and GASP hit a couple 3ptrs too to win.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeh but accord to McCants he is more of a shooter than scorer and he can’t go get you a bucket. I don’t know if there a podcast with less collective basketball knowledge than that show.
There's no requirement that people have to actually watch games/players to comment on the NBA. And for some, it really shows that they don't

At 1:43 he hits Poeltl with a nifty little Shammgod. Nice.
He came into the league known as a dunker and was that way for his first couple years. He turned himself into a complete offensive weapon. I don't think anyone in the league has more moves and makes more shots at different angles than him.

It's easy to see why he gets to the line a lot....you never know what angle he's going to throw at you

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
He came into the league known as a dunker and was that way for his first couple years. He turned himself into a complete offensive weapon. I don't think anyone in the league has more moves and makes more shots at different angles than him.

It's easy to see why he gets to the line a lot....you never know what angle he's going to throw at you
Kyrie has a better handle and more moves off the dribble, but when you combine it with the shotmaking, I agree, DeRozan may be the best in the NBA.

All this talk about his lack of three point accuracy….I get it but I for one will be happy if this reduces our reliance on the three. Fox now settles for threes and so can be frustrating when he doesn’t focus on his mid game and driving to the basket. DeMar will balance that out as at this point in his career will never be a high volume three shooter.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
All this talk about his lack of three point accuracy….I get it but I for one will be happy if this reduces our reliance on the three. Fox now settles for threes and so can be frustrating when he doesn’t focus on his mid game and driving to the basket. DeMar will balance that out as at this point in his career will never be a high volume three shooter.
Fox settling for threes is what catapulted him from a top 20 scorer into a top 10 scorer. And since Sabonis is our #2 and he's not a high-volume scorer this was realistically the best move Fox could make for his career. The resulting basketball might not be as fun to watch, but amongst Fox's peers in the #1 option category his volume and efficiency on three point shots is pretty normal. Jayson Tatum, for example, has made First Team All NBA three years in a row shooting about the same volume and percentage from three (on average) that Fox just did.

Having DeRozan out on the floor demanding attention from the defense should result in better shot opportunities for all of our shooters, Fox included. Hopefully that means we see an uptick in outside shooting percentages across the board.

As some of the youtube people have pointed out, DeMar ran a lot of the Kings offense with Chicago. Whether DDR is iso'ing, playing pnr, or getting the ball on a hand off really doesn't matter much most likely. The Kings issues last season were when the defense showed way out, doubled, or met Keegan/Huerter over the screen the play effectively stopped and those two weren't really capable of creating from a complete stop other than shooting over the defense or taking a few steps in at best and swinging the ball back out. If DDR gets stopped on a DHO he can just work in the triple threat, swing it, or call the big up for a screen and reset the play. Fox was really the only player capable of that last season. If he got stopped he'd usually back the ball out from the 3 point line and pick how he wanted to attack from there. Sometimes it was iso, sometimes it was setting up Domas in the post, sometimes it was calling for a pick and roll.