KING DEMAR

Seeing this thread and being reminded Demar DeRozan CHOSE this is as mind blowing as ever every time I come here.
Get used to it. It's the positive consequence of developing and maintaining a winning culture.

Some here aren't old enough to have seen it, but the KINGS transformed from perennial cellar dweller to a viable NBA location in the late 90's into the mid-2000's. During that era players wanted to be part of it. That's why Webber re-signed. That's why Bobby Jackson signed. That's why Keon Clark signed. That's why Bibby wanted to come via trade. That's why Brad Miller agreed to sign and trade.

Despite popular belief, this is true for every team, every franchise. When you have a culture of ineptness and losing, players don't want to be part of it. But if you build and develop a winner -- they will come.

I remember when Golden State and San Antonio weren't attractive destinations. That only changed once they transformed into winning org's. Same will apply to our KINGS. They've been a winning org the past 2 seasons. As the winning continues and becomes the norm, more players will will see SAC as viable destination. If they revert, nothing will change.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Media members may scoff in their arrogance, but I guarantee you that opposing teams will look at the Kings differently next season. Now they've got two fourth-quarter killers who would love nothing more than to rip your heart out and eat it for dinner. Might there be some awkwardness to work out at first? Probably. But you don't take lightly a starting five of Fox/Ellis/DeRozan/Murray/Sabonis, with the unbridled gonzo chaos of Malik Monk waiting there on the bench. I mean, good luck with that.
There are times I really enjoy reading your writing (as opposed to just agreeing with your opinion). This was one of those times.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I never had DDR on my radar either, but this is honestly about as good a result as we can hope for. He's not Lauri-level, but he's close and you can absolutely make an argument he's better than Ingram. But we didn't have to give up any future assets, nor commit a huge long-term deal to him. It's a good 2 year shot for us to make a push and let Keegan/Carter/Keon continue to develop and see if any of them truly pop as a star.

He's a very tradeable contract as well. So if for whatever reason, we do need to move off him, we won't get stuck like the Bulls currently are with LaVine.
Yes. I view this move as a stop-gap or an intermediate move McNair will attempt to use down the line. The contract seems to allow for the flexibility to make the BIG move needed for a championship run down the line.

Not sure this welcome DDR news conference put up but here it is.

Thanks for posting the whole interview, there is a lot of content in there that doesn't get picked up by all the different snippets. You can really see how he is a great character fit for this team. His veteran leadership, desire to win, and low drama are aspects that I think will help this team make the next leap. He referenced how Fox and Malik spoke to him about how he could help their games, and DeMar mentioned Murray and his shooting ability in this interview too, and I can already see he could be a great veteran postgame press conference guy that takes some of that pressure off of Fox too. I'm already so pumped for next season.

DeMar seems like an awesome dude. Basically wanted to come here to be the "missing piece", kept telling us in the presser he's going to work his butt off, loved the idea of joining a team on the rise. Says he prides himself on being incredibly coachable and doing whatever is asked of him.

He's going to be an easy dude to root for.