Keegan “KEEGAN MURRAY” Murray

Domas half-assing the "I passed it to the open elite 3pt shooter I'm gonna no look walk back on defense for swag" move killed me. The way he changes his mind and looks over his shoulder just in case there's a rebound to go for.
He was looking at their bench for the time out.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Just imagine what Keegan could have individually accomplished if he hadn't had to sit out most of the first half with foul issues. Keegan is BIG entertainment...not so much when benched. Coach Brown needs to figure out ways to keep him on the floor.

But getting a win is the bottom line.
This might just be an organic process of Keegan earning a level of respect with his offense to reach All-Star status where he gets away with the types of contact on defense that other All-Stars get away with. A lot of the early fouls called on him this season have been of the "wait to see if the shot goes in then blow the whistle" variety which are usually called on rookies and role-players but not stars. I'm curious what Mike Brown said to him on the sideline after his second foul on Durant where it looked like his arms were straight up. I thought he defended that shot perfectly and the foul was called anyway because it was KD but maybe Mike Brown saw something else.

This might just be an organic process of Keegan earning a level of respect with his offense to reach All-Star status where he gets away with the types of contact on defense that other All-Stars get away with. A lot of the early fouls called on him this season have been of the "wait to see if the shot goes in then blow the whistle" variety which are usually called on rookies and role-players but not stars. I'm curious what Mike Brown said to him on the sideline after his second foul on Durant where it looked like his arms were straight up. I thought he defended that shot perfectly and the foul was called anyway because it was KD but maybe Mike Brown saw something else.
On that one in particular, when Durant went up he walked his lower body into Durant just a bit. It was a foul. That’s what Mike was explaining to him.

The second one was on Huerter, he pushed Keegan into Durant when he jumped to contest.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I said during the summer that the next step for Murray would be to develop a step-back jumper. He delivered my Christmas present during the Suns game with two of them. Granted, they were done after the game was a blow-out and there was no pressure, but I'll take it, thank you. More to come from Murray. I'm very excited about his prospects.

P.S. I think it's fantastic that Brown has given Murray more of the defensive load this year. Too often young players are coddled rather than challenged, only to hinder their later development. Brown and the Kings are playing the long game, knowing there will be some hiccups along the way but that Murray and the team will be better off in the long run.

I said during the summer that the next step for Murray would be to develop a step-back jumper. He delivered my Christmas present during the Suns game with two of them. Granted, they were done after the game was a blow-out and there was no pressure, but I'll take it, thank you. More to come from Murray. I'm very excited about his prospects.

P.S. I think it's fantastic that Brown has given Murray more of the defensive load this year. Too often young players are coddled rather than challenged, only to hinder their later development. Brown and the Kings are playing the long game, knowing there will be some hiccups along the way but that Murray and the team will be better off in the long run.
I think Keegan has shown he can handle it too. Being a rookie starter on a good playoff team is not easy. Very very rare infant. And hea really responded this year as the go-to defender on the team and has really started to turn around his shooting and scoring over the last 10 or so games. I think back to how guys like McLemore developed and it's just night and day

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I think Keegan has shown he can handle it too. Being a rookie starter on a good playoff team is not easy. Very very rare infant. And hea really responded this year as the go-to defender on the team and has really started to turn around his shooting and scoring over the last 10 or so games. I think back to how guys like McLemore developed and it's just night and day
I do wonder about McLemore sometimes. It was a combination of our staff and what was between the ears. Glad our staff is no longer the issue, and that Keegan has the brainpower required to improve.

After my very critical(perhaps negative) post about Keegan, he's been having a hell of a December. I don't want to double jinx, but he has played consistently good basketball. He has scored 20pts+ in 4 out of his last 5 games. His 3pt shooting has bounced back, but he's also started finding additional ways to score and get down hill. What I've found very impressive is Keegan's aggressiveness and willingness to call for the ball. He's been playing with a lot of confidence as of late.

After my very critical(perhaps negative) post about Keegan, he's been having a hell of a December. I don't want to double jinx, but he has played consistently good basketball. He has scored 20pts+ in 4 out of his last 5 games. His 3pt shooting has bounced back, but he's also started finding additional ways to score and get down hill. What I've found very impressive is Keegan's aggressiveness and willingness to call for the ball. He's been playing with a lot of confidence as of late.
Yeah I think more than just the raw scoring, his confidence and aggressiveness is the much needed development we've needed to see. To be a great scorer, you really do need that "killer" instinct to just demand and take shots. Fox has it, Monk has it. And while Domas is an efficient and effective scorer, he's far more wired like a Magic or Steve Nash; he's looking to have a 17 point-13 assist line than 30+ points.

#aheadofschedule :cool::cool:

I would like to sincerely apologize to this entire board for letting you all down.

I was wrong, I admit. I was too conservative in my prognosticagnatoli of Keegan Murray.

I predicted Keegan would be scoring 20 a game by mid February. I appears he will accomplish this by the end of this month.

Please accept my sincere apology and I hope I have not violated the immense trust you all place in me as the Resident Basketballerino Predictatore.

I would like to sincerely apologize to this entire board for letting you all down.

I was wrong, I admit. I was too conservative in my prognosticagnatoli of Keegan Murray.

I predicted Keegan would be scoring 20 a game by mid February. I appears he will accomplish this by the end of this month.

Please accept my sincere apology and I hope I have not violated the immense trust you all place in me as the Resident Basketballerino Predictatore.
IMG_0110.jpeg

Look at Murray guys , if this is his happy face for win pic I really think he is going to have a great poker career as well :)
He is with stone cold poker face alllll the time !

P.S. literally on every other player on the pic you can guess 99% what is on his mind , but Murray :)