Justin Jackson

I’m sure JJ shows well in practice. Which is why Joeger continues to give him minutes.

JJ has the ability and skill to be a good role player. He shows flashes every once in a while.

What he needs is to have his role defined and he needs to come off the bench. When he is in with the starters, he becomes timid. I think if he comes off the bench and is the top 1 or 2 option with his unit, he would have more confidence and aggressivness. He also needs to get a lot stronger to battle with the big boys.

Give him some time though, he may take 3-4 years to really show what he really has, like WCS did.

JJ got his first ever VORP of his career. Currently sitting at 0.1 on the year. He's actually 6th on the team out of 15 in that stat category.

Last year he was 19th worst in the league in that stat so he is improving.

Fox was 2nd to last in the league last year and has made a massive improvement as well.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
JJ got his first ever VORP of his career. Currently sitting at 0.1 on the year. He's actually 6th on the team out of 15 in that stat category.

Last year he was 19th worst in the league in that stat so he is improving.

Fox was 2nd to last in the league last year and has made a massive improvement as well.
What is vorp? Is that related to gorp? I like eating gorp. Does vorp taste good too? :)

I am warming up to JJ again. some of that has to do with seeing Williams play more minutes. While he is more aggressive and athletic than JJ, JJ is more polished and does not make inexperience related mistakes for the lack of a better term. JJ has been playing better D, he is mostly doing the right thing on the court, its just that his 3pt shoot has not been falling, although its starting to. one thing to note is that he is shooting over 50% for 2. so im hoping he becomes servicable at that SF spot.

dude12

Hall of Famer
He also gets beat sometimes like he is not even there.
Jackson more than any other Kings player could really benefit from getting in the weight room.
So does a lot of our guys. I don’t disagree that he needs the weight room at all.....it’s a must for him. But I think that Joerger has been using him in specific matchups for him to succeed. He does tend to cover the better guys, so yeah, he’s going to get beat but when I posted this he had a couple of good defensive games.

Love the shooting but the PER 36 stat is the worst, there’s a reason a player isn’t playing that many minutes.

But hopefully JJ can keep it up he’d be good off the bench giving us 20-26mph
I’m still not a fan, but if he’s shooting at a high clip I’m certainly ok with him getting minutes to see how he develops. Not hitting shots?...no way. He just doesn’t do anything else of note on the floor.

as of right now I still see troy impact the game WAY more with his defense alone than a jj who is making his shot consistently. If jj is getting mins I'm glad his shot is finally going in because without it he is simply a goose egg out there. I enjoy watching troy block shots at the 3 point line, jump a passing lane or 2, sky for offensive boards amidst the giants etc ...that us what we need out of the 3 when we compare the 2. Plus troy does make his 3 point shot at a respectable clip and is a terror when has an open lane to the cup. Biggest weakness is he is prone to push too hard and be caught out of control but the rest of what he does far exceeds his weakness imo