Jordan Clarkson?

Ok I cave.

If the Jazz were willing to take Davion Mitchell at decent value in exchange for Clarkson we need to pull that trigger ASAP.

Sadly they'll probably want a draft pick on top. Recent report said the Jazz value Clarkson highly and arent lookign to shop him around like they once were, who knows if their just chumming the waters before the deadline though..

I dont really see how anyone watching the Kings would take issue with that type of deal (other than the ones firm in tanking), with Murray in the starting lineup a duo of Clarkson and Monk off the bench actually gives us some consistent offensive punch rather than the hope and wait offense we get with Mitchell running things

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ok I cave.

If the Jazz were willing to take Davion Mitchell at decent value in exchange for Clarkson we need to pull that trigger ASAP.

Sadly they'll probably want a draft pick on top. Recent report said the Jazz value Clarkson highly and arent lookign to shop him around like they once were, who knows if their just chumming the waters before the deadline though..

I dont really see how anyone watching the Kings would take issue with that type of deal (other than the ones firm in tanking), with Murray in the starting lineup a duo of Clarkson and Monk off the bench actually gives us some consistent offensive punch rather than the hope and wait offense we get with Mitchell running things
Salarywise the only way a Mitchell for Clarkson trade would even work as something the Jazz would want is if we included Keegan or Monk in the deal.

Technically you could trade Holmes with Mitchell and make the salaries work but I don't think the Jazz would be into the idea of trading for a guy with three more years on his contract coming onto a team that still already has like four other centers.

Also feels like that's the sort of shortsighted deal that people think the Sabonis-Haliburton deal was. Clarkson's 30 and probably opting out of his player option this coming summer barring horrific injury that would render him useless anyways. That swap would also succeed in somehow making us even worse at defense.

Salarywise the only way a Mitchell for Clarkson trade would even work as something the Jazz would want is if we included Keegan or Monk in the deal.

Technically you could trade Holmes with Mitchell and make the salaries work but I don't think the Jazz would be into the idea of trading for a guy with three more years on his contract coming onto a team that still already has like four other centers.

Also feels like that's the sort of shortsighted deal that people think the Sabonis-Haliburton deal was. Clarkson's 30 and probably opting out of his player option this coming summer barring horrific injury that would render him useless anyways. That swap would also succeed in somehow making us even worse at defense.
I mean teams are scoring 120+ pts per game against the Kings so far this season the defense cant get worse. Clarksons offense would be a more steadying force.

Mitchell + Holmes + a future protected pick would clear $$ off the books faster

Clarkson can score 20points in any given game. He can get his own shot too, which the bench could really use. I think this is the type of "win-now" move they'll need to be competitive, not even saying I'm crazy about it because for me, I could be easily sold on just tanking for Wembanyama.

The Kings need to throw the kitchen sink at Lauri he can play C/PF/SF and the Jazz might still want to tank, he's the best fit possible on offense to Fox (much better than Sabonis). Maybe a Lauri + Clarkson for Barnes/Mitchell/Holmes/filler + 1sts that are not the 2023 draft or even a three way deal where Sabonis goes somewhere else and the Kings get those 2. I would also love Vanderbuilt or Kelly O on the Kings as well.

The Jazz cannot be happy with the 4-1 start they have to many solid vets to be a crap team to tank for Wemb and Larui as a #1 #2 option is beasting.