JJackson, Zbo to Dallas for Harrison Barnes

I was against trading for Barnes since I thought the cost would be Willie Trill or another core member. But for JJ and Randolph, color me excited.

The only potential negative is it could be short lived as HB has a player option for next season. He could opt out and leave. We'll see how this plays out.

They traded one of my Tarheels for another. ;)

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Been a fan of Barnes for a long time, I just hope being a leading scorer in Dallas hasn't ruined him. He's perfect for our offense if he can go back to his Golden State era efficiency levels. He's not much of a factor on defense but the cool kids aren't playing defense these days anyway! Could we actually make the playoffs in the West while carrying a negative point differential all season?

I was against trading for Barnes since I thought the cost would be Willie Trill or another core member. But for JJ and Randolph, color me excited.

The only potential negative is it could be short lived as HB has a player option for next season. He could opt out and leave. We'll see how this plays out.

They traded one of my Tarheels for another. ;)
He’ll have too much fun here to leave. The stand around and watch the Luka show, isn’t quite as fun as what we got going right now.

Barnes has also proven he can know his role and fit within a ball/body movement winning type of system