Jerry Reynolds

Pre-planned before the season that Jerry was going to do 10 games this year (all home games). Not sure why they waited so long into the season to have him do the first one but apparently this was the plan. He's doing this entire home stand.

Doug is pretty good but I wouldn't mind seeing Jerry do some of the home games again next year too. He's good too and a staple of Kings broadcasts.

Jerry is the GOAT. I may be in the minority but I think DC is over the top sometimes.
Doug to me is both better and worse. When he's being serious and offering real analysis he's on the best color commentators in the game. Sometimes he goes too far though with the goof homer stuff although he has done a much better job this year as the season has gone on.

A lot of people used to complain about Jerry because he doesn't really give a whole lot of relevant basketball analysis anymore but I think people are seeing how much they miss him now that he's not around as much. He really is a Sacramento treasure.

A lot of people used to complain about Jerry because he doesn't really give a whole lot of relevant basketball analysis anymore but I think people are seeing how much they miss him now that he's not around as much. He really is a Sacramento treasure.
I like jerry and find his commentary fun, although a little repetitive in tone if I’m being honest. I do think at this stage in his career, Doug is a better fit with grant. I find grant’s banter with jerry these last few games feels more like two old guys sitting on the porch reliving things, while we were getting something new, interesting and insightful brought to the table with Doug that grant has been able to work off of in a different way. Anyway, it’s only a short stretch with jerry and it’s good to hear him on the telecast for what I imagine may be the last time.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think we're pretty lucky with our broadcast teams, both TV and definitely radio. Grant drives me nuts at times but the rest of them bring a lot to the table. I'm especially glad we got Kayte back (due in part to a campaign that was actually started by Kingsfans.com!).

Sacramento could do better then Grant. Calls an ok game, but is an absolute jerk on the radio. There is enough hate in the world already, dont need the play by play guy fanning the flames. And his childish Cousins vendetta, embarrassing.

I like Doug. Jerry gives the classic nostalgic calls. And then there is G-Man. (In my opinion, the best in the biz. Sacramento GOAT)

Sacramento could do better then Grant. Calls an ok game, but is an absolute jerk on the radio. There is enough hate in the world already, dont need the play by play guy fanning the flames. And his childish Cousins vendetta, embarrassing.

I like Doug. Jerry gives the classic nostalgic calls. And then there is G-Man. (In my opinion, the best in the biz. Sacramento GOAT)
It’s not just cousins, the Webber vendetta (and others) are equally embarrassing. We get it, you don’t care for them lol. The time he really lost me was when he called out Bobby in 2003 for not playing through the abdominal injury. Total bullcrap calling out a guy who laid it on tbe kine every time he stepped on the floor

Don't forget about his new thing, salivating over Montrezl Harrell every day on the radio and during every game no matter what team they're playing.

Then when the Suns come around we have to hear him drool over Richaun Holmes and Montrezl Harrell at the same time.

I like Montrezl Hezyl a lot. As well as he seems to always play against the KINGS, it's just hard to imagine that he only averages 16/6. The 6 boards is the hardest to believe since he always rebounds his @$$ off against SAC.

While he's a good player, it seems he belongs more in that KINGS killer group. Good, not great players that are almost always elite when they face our team.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Jerry is the GOAT. I may be in the minority but I think DC is over the top sometimes.
I think Doug is still finding his way on the broadcast. He stills goes a bit extreme at times, but he's toned it down from last season. Jerry is definitely one of the greatest color announcers to ever speak into a microphone. He's held every job possible in the organization, and if you've ever had the pleasure of sitting down with him over a beer (he doesn't drink anymore), which I have, you'd find he's one of the most knowledgeable basketball people around, and that he has a lot of stories he can't put on the air.

There's not a lot of difference between the real life Jerry and the TV personality, except that the real life Jerry is a lot tougher than he appears on TV, and I don't mean that in a critical way. They should put a statue of Jerry out in front of the arena when he retires.