Jabari Parker

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He didn’t make his shots in the first game, but I didn’t think he was bad enough to get banished to Yogi Ferrell’s end of the bench. Seemed willing to defend, set some screens, and was active.

With the rise of Lensanity there’s just no minutes for him I guess.

He didn’t make his shots in the first game, but I didn’t think he was bad enough to get banished to Yogi Ferrell’s end of the bench. Seemed willing to defend, set some screens, and was active.

With the rise of Lensanity there’s just no minutes for him I guess.
The thing is that Bogi/Buddy/Bazemore all struggled a bit on offense and not giving Parker a look didn't make much sense.

We better start playing him so we know what we have.. Good chance he ops in next year. Maybe we could trade, but still some value would help. He's young still and has talent.

I'm thinking he just needs an attitude adjustment that comes with age. Let's not give him away and screw up a possible what could have been without giving him a good look.

We better start playing him so we know what we have.. Good chance he ops in next year. Maybe we could trade, but still some value would help. He's young still and has talent.

I'm thinking he just needs an attitude adjustment that comes with age. Let's not give him away and screw up a possible what could have been without giving him a good look.
I don’t think he will opt in especially If he isn’t even getting on the court when the two main rotational forwards/centers are out. He is a proven 15-17 ppg 5-7 rpg guy so it’s not like he needs a showcase to make it so he’s not leaving too much money on the table to move to a situation where playing time is more of a certainty to showcase for that elusive longer term deal. I’m sure Parker will have his chances at points over the next 24 games though to play himself in.

I hope we don’t screw this up he could really help us!

I only see him getting time as another option at the 4 if Barnes gets hurt.
He is worse than Belly in all phases as a big, and Bogi/Buddy/Bazemore pair much better with Barnes.
Whatever he gives on offense is canceled out by his defense and lack of floor spacing with our non shooting PGs.

You can also interpret the situation as the insertion of Parker is bit trickier than Len as far as understanding Luke Walton's ever-changing (;)) system that took our generally unhealthy team most of the season to even grasp since Parker is more integral than the big man Len.

Not trying to throw shade like Harden at the bigs or anything...