Isn't the internet wonderful?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Didn't know where this should be posted except this is personal to me. This guy was voted the best physician in Minneapolis one year. He is bright, a very good guy, and the team doctor for the T'Wolves and Team USA. He used to be the team doctor for the Vikings. He specializes in totally screwed up knees.

What makes it totally personal is that he was my best man for my first marriage, we played a lot of sports together, studied together a lot and even vacationed together in Northern Minnesota one winter. I hope to reconnect with him and maybe I'll be able to give better orthopedic advice to the forum.

Meet my buddy, Dave Fischer.

http://www.tria.com/find_doctor_bio.aspx?individualid=40

I don't know if this is appropriate or not but I am excited to reconnect with him and as he is with Team USA, maybe even pick his mind.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Hold on... You knew the team doctor for the Dream Team?
Actually I still know him. ;) Yes, he was the first team physician for the original Dream Team. We have 40 years of catching up. It is exciting what the internet can offer but I must admit I didn't start out by looking for him. I was watching the national team on TV yesterday and they mentioned where their surgeons came from. He founded an orthopedic clinic whose three orthopedists are team physicians for the T'Wolves, Wild, Twins, and Vikings. Dave was 25 years with the Vikings but now a partner has that job. He started with the T'Wolves in 1989.

Did I say he's a good guy? :)

Other than all the catching up that needs to be done, I hope when I get stuck offering orthopedic advice on this forum, I hope I can pick his brain. For all I know he's the best sports medicine guy any of us will ever know.