How do you rate Dave Joerger?

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not sure. I will not be able to honestly grade Joerger until next year. Player development and growth. Implementing a system that plays to the strengths of the upcoming roster. Wins will also be important to an extent. 35-40 wins are realistic and should be the goal next year. Winning any less than 30 games and Joerger could be on the hot seat.

35-40 wins are realistic and should be the goal next year. Winning any less than 30 games and Joerger could be on the hot seat.
Some people disagree but that is where I am measuring next year. 35+ wins, our lost pick no better than 10th. Playoffs to me still seems unrealistic but an ~8-10 game improvement would show that the young core is developing and improving.

I think we'll attempt one FA signing, Giles and the pick, plus Shump, otherwise we return the same team. I think we win more games with the kids and a year of seasoning in the first half next season than we allegedly won in the first half of this season due to our vets.

Not sure. I will not be able to honestly grade Joerger until next year. Player development and growth. Implementing a system that plays to the strengths of the upcoming roster. Wins will also be important to an extent. 35-40 wins are realistic and should be the goal next year. Winning any less than 30 games and Joerger could be on the hot seat.
Some people disagree but that is where I am measuring next year. 35+ wins, our lost pick no better than 10th. Playoffs to me still seems unrealistic but an ~8-10 game improvement would show that the young core is developing and improving.

I think we'll attempt one FA signing, Giles and the pick, plus Shump, otherwise we return the same team. I think we win more games with the kids and a year of seasoning in the first half next season than we allegedly won in the first half of this season due to our vets.
A 41-41 record is where I see us finishing in the best case scenario. I think, though, we will end up finishing around the 35 win mark, as well...Anything lower would be a disappointment for sure...

A 41-41 record is where I see us finishing in the best case scenario. I think, though, we will end up finishing around the 35 win mark, as well...Anything lower would be a disappointment for sure...
Honestly where I'm confused is the people that think next year we'll be worse. I just don't see how that's possible. Even mocking the "winning culture" argument, we're riding on first and second year players and they are clearly improving. Barring a major injury it's hard to see any scenario that doesn't have us on the up and up.

Honestly where I'm confused is the people that think next year we'll be worse. I just don't see how that's possible. Even mocking the "winning culture" argument, we're riding on first and second year players and they are clearly improving. Barring a major injury it's hard to see any scenario that doesn't have us on the up and up.
Let me un-confuse you...They'd rather see us lose. It's as simple as that. And it's pretty darn sad that they think that way.

I don't see them being worse but I think 30 wins is their ceiling. Might go a little above that if they run into a handful of tankers at the end of the year. I can't picture them outdoing Cousin's top win total next year with a bunch of young players, none of which have shown to be for sure starters.

I don't see them being worse but I think 30 wins is their ceiling. Might go a little above that if they run into a handful of tankers at the end of the year. I can't picture them outdoing Cousin's top win total next year with a bunch of young players, none of which have shown to be for sure starters.
Unfortunately the teams we assembled around Cousins were a mess and he never had any consistency, it was new players or a new coach around him every single year. This next season is the first season in years that we're not looking at a major overhaul and that matters. We're at 24 wins, will probably win 26-27. I predicted we'd win 20-25 this year. I think 35 minimum next year is pretty reasonable all things considered.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The question isn't how will you judge him next year. The question is right now, all things considered, if you absolutely HAD to give him a grade, what would it be? (There is an option for "Not sure" in the poll. ;) )

Unfortunately the teams we assembled around Cousins were a mess and he never had any consistency, it was new players or a new coach around him every single year. This next season is the first season in years that we're not looking at a major overhaul and that matters. We're at 24 wins, will probably win 26-27. I predicted we'd win 20-25 this year. I think 35 minimum next year is pretty reasonable all things considered.
I think you're going to wind up being very disappointed if 35 wins minimum is your baseline...but we will see.

Most of the Kings' problems cannot be hung on the Coach. The team is solid with Fox, Buddy and Bogie with Mason backing them up. Jackson is improving at the 3. I still believe that the Kings' major woes, besides having a team of kids and old men is at the 4 and 5 positions. Willie has made some progress but is erratic, playing out of control on offense at times and playing lackadasical defense. Skal is still a work in progress. Both are too passive and average to crummy rebounders. Giles could make a difference if he can stay healthy. Randolph has some great nights, but you can always count on his lousy defense. In a league like the NBA these weaknesses get exploited. They make the difference between being in the game at the end and losing by 5-10 poiints. The Kings play a couple of good quarters every night, but often play 1-2 bad ones. They are improving but I think they need defense and rebounding help from a big man in the draft.