I'm wondering about one thing

Yeah. I heard he's holding out. Now, he's changed his mind. Has fallen back in love with Sacramento and doesn't want to leave. So, this "injury" is just buying him time to the deadline....after that, watch out NBA!

Hehe, this is what my Dad is always telling me. He is a HUGE Peja homer. He tells me, by the time Peja gets back, he will be playing in another uniform. Might be true, I doubt it though.

S

SaCKiNgS24

have you ever seen him in the interviews? the way his tone is in his voice. he never really seems to know what his specifics are on his injury.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
funsc said:
Is Pedja not playing related to the trade rumor? Just wondering about this....
wehn he missed 1 game, I thought possibly. But:

1) I rather doubt the best way to encourage a trade to happen is to start holding a player out and claiming he's hurt. :eek:

2) and if there was one brewing they might hold Peja out for one, but not a whole week of them unless you have the world's longest closing period going on.

Any sources? I was afraid we lose Peja since this guy is important to us. And I was thinking if he's not playing just because he's waiting for trade, that would show no heart of him. I have no problem if he takes some rest and stays with us.

I heared that he will be on Injured List for next 2 years until his contract runs out and then Kings will let him go as a free agent. Don't ask where I heared this,my source is close to the organization but doesn't want their identity revealed. Ok, fine, Rick A. told me yesterday, but don't tell anyone.

I did think it was wierd that Rick just called me up like that for no reason. My phone is not listed and I think he is stalking me.

vj9999 said:
I heared that he will be on Injured List for next 2 years until his contract runs out and then Kings will let him go as a free agent. Don't ask where I heared this,my source is close to the organization but doesn't want their identity revealed. Ok, fine, Rick A. told me yesterday, but don't tell anyone.

I did think it was wierd that Rick just called me up like that for no reason. My phone is not listed and I think he is stalking me.
Well, at least he didn't call you collect and have you fork out the bill, or did he. Must have been before he got his option picked up, you know, he probably didn't know what his bank account was going to look like

On a serious note, I really don't think it is Peja's decision if he plays or not. We have a fully qualified staff and nobody can decide not to play just because they feel like it. At least that's what my impression was on how it all works.

SaCKiNgS24 said:
have you ever seen him in the interviews? the way his tone is in his voice. he never really seems to know what his specifics are on his injury.
He mentioned the trade in the interview as well. Usually he would not comment too much on other players, so I wonder if he was talking about himself involved in the trade.
Let's wait and see....

ReinadelosReys said:
Well, at least he didn't call you collect and have you fork out the bill, or did he. Must have been before he got his option picked up, you know, he probably didn't know what his bank account was going to look like
It wasn't collect, but he did make a joke how Spree called him once collect because his long distance bill was too high and his kids were hungry.

vj9999 said:
On a serious note, I really don't think it is Peja's decision if he plays or not. We have a fully qualified staff and nobody can decide not to play just because they feel like it. At least that's what my impression was on how it all works.
That I'm not sure. I do not understand Webb's knee as well. Would a doctor say it's okay for today and bad for tomorrow? They might have to consider how players feel. That sounds strange.

vj9999 said:
Right. I highly doubt that Peja would willinginly take anti-inflamatory medicine, have MRI's done, go through all this unnecessary treatment simply because of this supposed dislike for the team/teammates, nor would I believe the Kings to cover up or devise something like this.

vj9999 said:
It wasn't collect, but he did make a joke how Spree called him once collect because his long distance bill was too high and his kids were hungry.
Probably becasue a game went into overtime and Webb didn't have time to go to the ATM to loan him some money.

funsc said:
That I'm not sure. I do not understand Webb's knee as well. Would a doctor say it's okay for today and bad for tomorrow? They might have to consider how players feel. That sounds strange.
Becasue Webb's "injury" is a lot different than any other. Probably for the rest of his life, he is going to wake up in the morning and have "good" or "bad" days. I am no doctor, but maybe when the cartilage in his knee fully develops that will be the case, but I don't expect that is going to happen anytime this season.

Last edited:
funsc said:
I injured my knee last march (no where near as bad as Webb), but even now I play indoor soccer on Friday evenings and some imes my knee feels really thight for next 2-3 days and sometimes I feels just fine next day.

Ofcourse, that they have to trust the player if they are complaining about discomfort, but I'm sure there are also medical proofs too.

I think people are reading too much into Peja and Webb's absences. Why can't we just accept that they are hurting and let them get better. (It would suck now fi some kind of trade happens and I have to eat my words :) )

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
funsc - Whatever you heard, you obviously misheard.

First, Pedja has been having back spasms since he hurt his back on New Year's Eve against Utah. It had gotten progressively worse until he actually had to have help getting out of his seat on the flight to San Antonio. They did an MRI, saw nothing major wrong. He was in pain, and he was not able to even sit on the bench because of it. He was actually more comfortable stretched out on a table than he was sitting.

Tonight, in an interview shown during the game, he said the rest has been very beneficial. He fully expects to play this week. Most likely Friday or even Saturday. There were some rumors a while back, UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMORS, that said he had been held out of a game because a trade was going to be announced the next day. NOTHING further came of that. It was a rumor. We hear tons of them...

As far as Webber goes, if there is any pain or swelling at all in his knee, they are not going to let him play. The procedure he had is very serious. Players like Allan Houston and Eduardo Najera, who had the same procedure, haven't been as serious about rehab and knowing when not to force the knee. Because of that, they are not able to play with anything close to how they used to be. In fact, I believe Najera is back on the injured list AGAIN.

Webber will most likely sit out a game here or there the rest of his career. It's a small price to pay considering the alternative.

Hope that clears up your confusion.

VF21 said:
funsc - Whatever you heard, you obviously misheard.

First, Pedja has been having back spasms since he hurt his back on New Year's Eve against Utah. It had gotten progressively worse until he actually had to have help getting out of his seat on the flight to San Antonio. They did an MRI, saw nothing major wrong. He was in pain, and he was not able to even sit on the bench because of it. He was actually more comfortable stretched out on a table than he was sitting.

Tonight, in an interview shown during the game, he said the rest has been very beneficial. He fully expects to play this week. Most likely Friday or even Saturday. There were some rumors a while back, UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMORS, that said he had been held out of a game because a trade was going to be announced the next day. NOTHING further came of that. It was a rumor. We hear tons of them...

As far as Webber goes, if there is any pain or swelling at all in his knee, they are not going to let him play. The procedure he had is very serious. Players like Allan Houston and Eduardo Najera, who had the same procedure, haven't been as serious about rehab and knowing when not to force the knee. Because of that, they are not able to play with anything close to how they used to be. In fact, I believe Najera is back on the injured list AGAIN.

Webber will most likely sit out a game here or there the rest of his career. It's a small price to pay considering the alternative.

Hope that clears up your confusion.
cool info

Thanks for your info, VF. I'm not in Sactown and cannot watch Kings games from TV. I rely on your PBP :) when Kings not on national TV.

VF21 said:
rumor about him (being force into) retiring same with Mashburn.

funsc said:
I'm not in Sactown.
where are you from by the way?

Last edited:
S

SaCKiNgS24

Allan Houston needs to retire! he just holds the knicks back! looks like phil jackson has his work cut out for this team when he gets it. its not gonna be another championship ring waiting for him! lets see if he can make average players into GREAT players!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
SaCKiNgS24 said:
Allan Houston needs to retire! he just holds the knicks back! looks like phil jackson has his work cut out for this team when he gets it. its not gonna be another championship ring waiting for him! lets see if he can make average players into GREAT players!
Funny Ishiah says the same thing. Houston on the other hand has no plans to retire, at least not while he is still under contract.