I'M STILL UPSET

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Is it better to have felt the pain which hurts and scars or to have not felt at all? Is this what it means to be alive? To be invested in something that makes you feel the way that it does?

I never expected this season to turn out this way, in the past for what seems to be the vast majority of my adult life and through various changes I have not been as vested as I am to this current iteration of the team I love. We have a top 5 youngest roster in the NBA if we account for Zbo and already a top 3 offense IN THE NBA according to statistics and numbers with our freethrow shooting being the one detriment. I have no concerns IF we will turn the corner, it is only a matter of WHEN.

I agree it was Bogs worst game of the season but here's the thing:

We can break down the Xs and Os all we want and question the coaches decisions, but I think what that game came down to was a collective case of the yips. We were up 10 with 5 minutes and realized we are on the verge of taking out the Champs and we got tight. D-Fox short-armed a couple of shots, Buddy forgot where Klay was and his teammates did not alert him to where he was. Frankly you deserve to pay for this. Even the coach got a little panicked by pulling D-Fox at the 3:00 mark with 5 fouls. That was impetuous.

Not so little things like having Bagley, Shump, Williams or Boggy on Durant could have altered the outcome. Part of this was bad luck (injuries) and part strategy. I don't get the idea of putting Jackson on Durant and expecting anything but what we got. The coach says he should just try to keep his chest in front of him. This is the master plan? Jackson doesn't have the length or toughness. Worse he gets beat then commits touch foul. If you get beat that happens but don't compound it by giving them a free throw. Willie does this too and it is maddening. Obviously Durant is one of the greatest scorers in the history of the game, and maybe a Future King, but let's not treat him so deferentially until he joins the squad. We made it too easy on him and that is on the coach for his misplaced trust in a soft player who chokes on open shots even when we are not playing against the Warriors.

With that said, we could have overcome this disadvantage if the magnitude if the moment did not get the best our best players: Buddy, Boggy and D-Fox. This loss is on them and the coach. I think they know it and will better because of the adversity.

In the meantime I don't care for this sugarcoating about how close we came. Let me tell you something about the opponent right quick: Klay is 54% TS. That is terrible for a "bullseye shooter". Draymond Green is a bricklayer who has clearly lost a step defensively. The team does not get along that well. Their bench is trash. The Warriors no longer have that invincibility aura about them. Curry is an assassin but even he does not get as open as D-Fox does to get his shots off. Don't get me wrong, I know the Warriors are great, but they are not great like two years ago. We are closing the gap, and it is unfortunate we could not have punctuated that closing of the gap with a statement win. Instead we see Curry chomping smugly on his mouthpiece as they break our hearts for the second time this year.

Just to end on a positive, no one is going to take this loss harder than D-Fox, Buddy and Boggy. That's good because they have the talent resolve resilience to convert that frustration into individual and collective growth.
But cheeze-its crisp alrighty that is a brutal but honest assessment. My goodness.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It’s morning and I’m still ****ing livid. An NBA loss hasn’t pissed me off like this in many many years.
you know what hurts the most? I built up so much adrenaline and excitement after that ten point lead that in my head I was saying only two more minutes and then they lost the lead before you can blink and its as if the world came crashing down on top of my head and crushed my spirit. I know it's only entertainment but if that isn't passionate I don't know what it is.

I agree it was Bogs worst game of the season but here's the thing:

We can break down the Xs and Os all we want and question the coaches decisions, but I think what that game came down to was a collective case of the yips. We were up 10 with 5 minutes and realized we are on the verge of taking out the Champs and we got tight. D-Fox short-armed a couple of shots, Buddy forgot where Klay was and his teammates did not alert him to where he was. Frankly you deserve to pay for this. Even the coach got a little panicked by pulling D-Fox at the 3:00 mark with 5 fouls. That was impetuous.

Not so little things like having Bagley, Shump, Williams or Boggy on Durant could have altered the outcome. Part of this was bad luck (injuries) and part strategy. I don't get the idea of putting Jackson on Durant and expecting anything but what we got. The coach says he should just try to keep his chest in front of him. This is the master plan? Jackson doesn't have the length or toughness. Worse he gets beat then commits touch foul. If you get beat that happens but don't compound it by giving them a free throw. Willie does this too and it is maddening. Obviously Durant is one of the greatest scorers in the history of the game, and maybe a Future King, but let's not treat him so deferentially until he joins the squad. We made it too easy on him and that is on the coach for his misplaced trust in a soft player who chokes on open shots even when we are not playing against the Warriors.

With that said, we could have overcome this disadvantage if the magnitude if the moment did not get the best our best players: Buddy, Boggy and D-Fox. This loss is on them and the coach. I think they know it and will better because of the adversity.

In the meantime I don't care for this sugarcoating about how close we came. Let me tell you something about the opponent right quick: Klay is 54% TS. That is terrible for a "bullseye shooter". Draymond Green is a bricklayer who has clearly lost a step defensively. The team does not get along that well. Their bench is trash. The Warriors no longer have that invincibility aura about them. Curry is an assassin but even he does not get as open as D-Fox does to get his shots off. Don't get me wrong, I know the Warriors are great, but they are not great like two years ago. We are closing the gap, and it is unfortunate we could not have punctuated that closing of the gap with a statement win. Instead we see Curry chomping smugly on his mouthpiece as they break our hearts for the second time this year.

Just to end on a positive, no one is going to take this loss harder than D-Fox, Buddy and Boggy. That's good because they have the talent resolve resilience to convert that frustration into individual and collective growth.
I thought what happened was basically a case of experience beating inexperience. Next time they should be better prepared.

I guess I’m the lucky one here. I was out last night and missed the game, only got the score update during intermissions.

It sucks we lost, but I’m hoping the Kings learn their lesson and take out their angst and anger on the Mavs tomorrow!

The Mavs game tomorrow may be the most important game of the year so far for the Kings!

GO KINGS!

you know what hurts the most? I built up so much adrenaline and excitement after that ten point lead that in my head I was saying only two more minutes and then they lost the lead before you can blink and its as if the world came crashing down on top of my head and crushed my spirit. I know it's only entertainment but if that isn't passionate I don't know what it is.
You and me both bro.

I don’t think so. Not about Fox anyway. It looked to me as though some shots came up short late because he was fatigued. Didn’t have his legs in them. It wasn’t because he had some ridiculous case of the ‘yips’. He proved long ago he’s not afraid of the moment. Same with Bogie. I’m not buying that reasoning at all.

The Sacramento Kings have taken it to the reigning champs TWICE. Could have and probably should have won both games. I'm not mad. The league respects this team again. GSW knows they dodged a couple bullets.

One thing is for sure. The Warriors DO NOT want to see our boys in the first round. I can promise you that. Don't get to pissed Kings fans, this team is only getting started. Nobody wanted those wins more than players. Games like these build character and the lasting effect will be huge. Go Kings!

I don’t think so. Not about Fox anyway. It looked to me as though some shots came up short late because he was fatigued. Didn’t have his legs in them. It wasn’t because he had some ridiculous case of the ‘yips’. He proved long ago he’s not afraid of the moment. Same with Bogie. I’m not buying that reasoning at all.
It looked to me like Fox was short arming his shots.

I am pissed that the coach took De'Aaron Fox out.
I am pissed that De'Aaron Fox chose to drive into the teeth of the defense and then pass out getting intercepted instead of taking WIDE OPEN 3 that they left him out there. All they got to do is make 1 or 2 more shots and that'll probably secure the win. How can they not even take advantage of that. I don't care how great a defense Golden State play, I give them half credit for that but half of it has nothing to do with their defense but more so about how the Kings are not playing smart. Both games that they play the Warriors, they have a chance to win them both if they just play a little smart. The talents are there....it's now about playing smart.