I'M STILL UPSET

Sorry guys this just isn't sitting right. We should have won that game. I'm not pissed because of Bagley's knee. I'm not pissed because of Shump's hip, I'm not pissed because we missed a ton of threes in the first 3 quarters, I'm not even pissed that Fox had five fouls and DJ (finally going to settle for that moniker for him cause I AM pissed about having to spell out his weird last name) ... where was I.... DJ took him out of the game. Honestly I'm not even pissed at the Coach. I'm not mad the our Coach seemingly killed the momentum by making the extremely difficult decision to take Fox out and save him for the potential last minute and a half.... I'm being real.. I'm not pissed at that. Seriously. I'm not pissed at the long series of missed shots and the mental errors in the last five minutes. I'll tell you why I AM pissed though...

I AM PISSED OFF THAT WE LOST THAT GOD DAMN GAME.

THAT'S what I'm ****ing PISSED AT!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya. That was certainly a missed opportunity. They should have won that game.

I was thinking about it a few minutes ago, but once they got up 10 I think had they hit one more shot (they had several opportunities) they win that game.

GSW tied the game w/ 1:03 to go. But had the KINGS hit just one more of their shots during that run, they would have been up 2 or 3 and Fox's subsequent 17-footer puts them up 4-5 with :47 remaining. It's GSW so you never know what happens, but the KINGS could have had them in foul mode the next possession.

They just couldn't get that last dagger to fall.

Worst thing was they stopped moving w/o the ball. That killed their offense. I also think losing Bagley really hurt, as he could have helped on the boards. The KINGS surrendered far too many 2nd and 3rd opportunities.

I hear ya. That was certainly a missed opportunity. They should have won that game.

I was thinking about it a few minutes ago, but once they got up 10 I think had they hit one more shot (they had several opportunities) they win that game.

GSW tied the game w/ 1:03 to go. But had the KINGS hit just one more of their shots during that run, they would have been up 2 or 3 and Fox's subsequent 17-footer puts them up 4-5 with :47 remaining. It's GSW so you never know what happens, but the KINGS could have had them in foul mode the next possession.

They just couldn't get that last dagger to fall.

Worst thing was they stopped moving w/o the ball. That killed their offense. I also think losing Bagley really hurt, as he could have helped on the boards. The KINGS surrendered far too many 2nd and 3rd opportunities.
Just ONE. MORE. SHOT.

If should be "a learning experience" then that needs to be directed at Joerger as much as Kings players. Taking Fox out with 5 fouls showed more
panic, lack of trust than anything else. Yes, might have fouled out immediately or with minute left in the game or not at all. But the better strategy was to leave him in and if fouled out so be it. Kings needed everyone on deck every second after Bagley and Shump went down. Sink or swim with Fox in control to the very end but coach let Golden State off the hook. And afterwards Dray Green said exactly that in commenting taking out Fox was a favor to them and big reason they won.

If should be "a learning experience" then that needs to be directed at Joerger as much as Kings players. Taking Fox out with 5 fouls showed more
panic, lack of trust than anything else. Yes, might have fouled out immediately or with minute left in the game or not at all. But the better strategy was to leave him in and if fouled out so be it. Kings needed everyone on deck every second after Bagley and Shump went down. Sink or swim with Fox in control to the very end but coach let Golden State off the hook. And afterwards Dray Green said exactly that in commenting taking out Fox was a favor to them and big reason they won.
Fox before that took unreasonable quick shot and got 5th foul. I think DJ wanted to calm him down a put Yogi for defense for a minute. Probably wrong move, but I get the reasoning.

Unfortunatelly I was able to watch just last 4 minutes of the game. I looked at the game statistics and saw Bjelica played just 21 minutes, Bagley 5. Bjelica was 4 of 5 but -17. I don't know how he played, but it might be a mistake playing 3 guards and JJ instead of Bjelica. Ideally Shump would guard KD, but he was not available. I remember Bjelica playing good defense on Durant last year. I believe Bjelica woud also help rebounding.

I don't know. However, I hate the panic at the end of game. That was the main reason they lost.

Last edited:
The dubs shaded their defense to Fox's left hand. That eliminated his ability to drive and threw the Kings end of game strategy out of whack. On one play it was grossly evident, when the Kings cleared out and the dubs had a big in the lane (by himself while the Kings player was on the perimeter), on Fox's left side.

That said, yes, the Kings should've one. But out of 10 games, GSW wins 7, because of Kevin Durant. Kings need a jumbo defender for Durant--even if it is to just bother him. He's automatic from pretty much anywhere on the court.

Fox before that took unreasonable quick shot ang got 5th foul. I think DJ wanted to calm him down a put Yogi for defense for a minute. Probably wrong move, but I get the reasoning.

Unfortunatelly I was able to watch just last 4 minutes of the game. I looked at the game statistics and saw Bjelica played just 21 minutes, Bagley 5. Bjelica was 4 of 5 but -17. I don't know how he played, but it might be a mistake playing 3 guards and JJ instead of Bjelica. Ideally Shump would guard KD, be he was not available. I remember Bjelica playing good defense on Durant last year. I believe Bjelica woud also help rebounding.

I don't know. However, I hate the panic at the end of game. That was the main reason they lost.
Another thing I noticed late was Draymond was guarding fox. There had to be a mismatch somewhere that we didn't take advantage of. Maybe a small on bjeli

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I thought Bogs had a terrible game on the offensive end. He was good on D, but wow, on offense it was a real stinker for him. He's the vet that needs to step up and make big plays on offense down the stretch. I concur with the lack of player and ball movement down the stretch though. Joerger was right on the money on that point.

And just imagine.....this is only game 28. Just imagine how you will feel when they inevitably get knocked out of the playoffs :) Sucks, but I for one am thrilled to once again have my wife tell me to calm down after I flipped off the game in disgust and let out a series of expletives. Ahhh, the lost feeling of having a perfectly nice Friday night ruined over a kings game. Where have you been the last decade?

Guys, :) that was a group of Veteran All Stars in those other jerseys. Been to the Finals and done that etc. The Kings lost by 5 and played their B game. Their A game was on display Wednesday night. Also no Bagley and no Shump had an effect.

54 more games to go in the regular season:)
I needed this.

This game did not upset me much at all. The Kings are young and inexperienced playing against the NBA champions. You have to expect some lapses in confidence. The team continues to make great strides in that department. Compared to playing GS, most games will not seem intimidating.

Why do people continue to refer to GS players by their first names? I think of them as the enemy.

Last night's loss was a major bummer. It was really deflating to see the Kings give up a ten-point lead in the final minutes of the quarter, particularly given how markedly improved they've been at closing out games this season.

That said, it was still a very encouraging game. The Kings hung in there until the very end against the defending champs, who are now at full strength. Bagley's injury and Bogdanovic's awful shooting night and a rather poorly-called game by the referees weren't enough to keep the Kings out of the game. It's no fun to search for moral victories in a loss like that, but I remain so impressed with the competitive fire and poise of this young team.

I thought Bogs had a terrible game on the offensive end. He was good on D, but wow, on offense it was a real stinker for him. He's the vet that needs to step up and make big plays on offense down the stretch. I concur with the lack of player and ball movement down the stretch though. Joerger was right on the money on that point.
I agree it was Bogs worst game of the season but here's the thing:

We can break down the Xs and Os all we want and question the coaches decisions, but I think what that game came down to was a collective case of the yips. We were up 10 with 5 minutes and realized we are on the verge of taking out the Champs and we got tight. D-Fox short-armed a couple of shots, Buddy forgot where Klay was and his teammates did not alert him to where he was. Frankly you deserve to pay for this. Even the coach got a little panicked by pulling D-Fox at the 3:00 mark with 5 fouls. That was impetuous.

Not so little things like having Bagley, Shump, Williams or Boggy on Durant could have altered the outcome. Part of this was bad luck (injuries) and part strategy. I don't get the idea of putting Jackson on Durant and expecting anything but what we got. The coach says he should just try to keep his chest in front of him. This is the master plan? Jackson doesn't have the length or toughness. Worse he gets beat then commits touch foul. If you get beat that happens but don't compound it by giving them a free throw. Willie does this too and it is maddening. Obviously Durant is one of the greatest scorers in the history of the game, and maybe a Future King, but let's not treat him so deferentially until he joins the squad. We made it too easy on him and that is on the coach for his misplaced trust in a soft player who chokes on open shots even when we are not playing against the Warriors.

With that said, we could have overcome this disadvantage if the magnitude if the moment did not get the best our best players: Buddy, Boggy and D-Fox. This loss is on them and the coach. I think they know it and will better because of the adversity.

In the meantime I don't care for this sugarcoating about how close we came. Let me tell you something about the opponent right quick: Klay is 54% TS. That is terrible for a "bullseye shooter". Draymond Green is a bricklayer who has clearly lost a step defensively. The team does not get along that well. Their bench is trash. The Warriors no longer have that invincibility aura about them. Curry is an assassin but even he does not get as open as D-Fox does to get his shots off. Don't get me wrong, I know the Warriors are great, but they are not great like two years ago. We are closing the gap, and it is unfortunate we could not have punctuated that closing of the gap with a statement win. Instead we see Curry chomping smugly on his mouthpiece as they break our hearts for the second time this year.

Just to end on a positive, no one is going to take this loss harder than D-Fox, Buddy and Boggy. That's good because they have the talent resolve resilience to convert that frustration into individual and collective growth.

I hate the warriors as much as anyone; however, should make you feel even better to remember they aren’t just a group of all stars....they are at least 2 hall of famers (possibly top 20 all time if not top 10) and the dynasty of the current generation. We’ve gone toe to toe with them in two games. Could you have comprehended that in the preseason?

We can break down the Xs and Os all we want and question the coaches decisions, but I think what that game came down to was a collective case of the yips. We were up 10 with 5 minutes and realized we are on the verge of taking out the Champs and we got tight. D-Fox short-armed a couple of shots, Buddy forgot where Klay was and his teammates did not alert him to where he was. Frankly you deserve to pay for this. Even the coach got a little panicked by pulling D-Fox at the 3:00 mark with 5 fouls. That was impetuous.
Completely agree with this. Learning experience.

Not so little things like having Bagley, Shump, Williams or Boggy on Durant could have altered the outcome. Part of this was bad luck (injuries) and part strategy. I don't get the idea of putting Jackson on Durant and expecting anything but what we got. The coach says he should just try to keep his chest in front of him. This is the master plan? Jackson doesn't have the length or toughness. Worse he gets beat then commits touch foul. If you get beat that happens but don't compound it by giving them a free throw. Willie does this too and it is maddening. Obviously Durant is one of the greatest scorers in the history of the game, and maybe a Future King, but let's not treat him so deferentially until he joins the squad. We made it too easy on him and that is on the coach for his misplaced trust in a soft player who chokes on open shots even when we are not playing against the Warriors.

With that said, we could have overcome this disadvantage if the magnitude if the moment did not get the best our best players: Buddy, Boggy and D-Fox. This loss is on them and the coach. I think they know it and will better because of the adversity.

In the meantime I don't care for this sugarcoating about how close we came. Let me tell you something about the opponent right quick: Klay is 54% TS. That is terrible for a "bullseye shooter". Draymond Green is a bricklayer who has clearly lost a step defensively. The team does not get along that well. Their bench is trash. The Warriors no longer have that invincibility aura about them. Curry is an assassin but even he does not get as open as D-Fox does to get his shots off. Don't get me wrong, I know the Warriors are great, but they are not great like two years ago. We are closing the gap, and it is unfortunate we could not have punctuated that closing of the gap with a statement win. Instead we see Curry chomping smugly on his mouthpiece as they break our hearts for the second time this year.

Just to end on a positive, no one is going to take this loss harder than D-Fox, Buddy and Boggy. That's good because they have the talent resolve resilience to convert that frustration into individual and collective growth.
Sometimes you have to get beat in order to come back harder. We are learning and we are looking good. That was a great game and we legitimately had the Warriors concerned and there might be some fear there. They gave us their best shot, we took it, gave it right back and then some. We should have beat them and they know it. They also know that inexperience is our Achilles heel, but even that won’t last forever. I have no doubt in my mind that the league is on notice. The Kings are coming and we don’t care who you are.

We are the most exciting young team in the league. We have depth and we have chemistry. A couple of moves here and there and a year or two of experience will serve us well.

Milk the entire clock and keep Warriors out of transition up 10 with 3 1/2 left. That’s all from my perspective
We could have done almost anything differently and win that game. Playing fast and missing iso plays in uptempo/transition and giving up quick baskets was the only way to lose. GRRR... I want to beat them so bad now... possibly more than the Lakers!!

we want to talk about shift in momentum when Fox when out and all but I think the back breaker ultimately was the Klay wide open three for the lead. A player like Klay thrives in catch and shoot, you stick with him like glue and for whatever reason, he was left open.
Team mental lapses like these drive me nuts. Hopefully lesson learned.

Know your opponents.

Alright. Let's get the Dallas game. I'm not gonna get over this loss and that's ok. As they say the great thing about the NBA is the season just keeps going and you focus on the next night (Westphal did have some gems, bless him).

Best analysis yet. This exactly.