I HATE the effing Lakers!

I know some people might be, but I’m not impressed with the Lakers roster. The Kings are better set up for future success IMO and will be even more so after this next draft. Despite it being ‘LA’, I don’t think they’re gonna net a major star via free agency either.

The Lakers barely won tonight despite a hot shooting effort from Pope.
Yeah if we draft a star from this draft, we will have our cornerstones (pick + Fox) and great role players (Buddy, Bogie, WCS, Mason, Jackson). Of course Skal and Giles can be thrown in there depending on how they pan out.

Meanwhile the Lakers may or may not have an All-Star on their current roster, don’t have a pick in this draft, Randle may or may not be leaving, etc. Kuzma and Ingram do look nice though, while Ball is still a question mark.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Lakers win it 113-108. Fun game. Interesting to see most of the Kings who closed out that game head straight to the tunnel and not exchange pleasantries with some Lakers players.

------------------------------------------

Good! I don't want our kids to "exchange pleasantries" with the effing Lakers. I want them to hate them with the same intensity I do. Sic semper tyrannis.

Same. Obviously KCP hits like 20 threes to bail them out. So damn frustrating. I actually agree we have a better young core, but the free agent thing gives them a leg up for the future, I think.

Dunno why. GSW never stole our title from us. We were never good at the same time as them so there's no sense of rivalry or hate between the two teams. Losing to them never hurts as much as losing to the Lakers. But to each his own.
There everything that’s wrong with basketball. Bitching on every obviousl call, stacking your team, hurting players, cocky, Durant is tough all of a sudden.

Green and Durant that’s the goat combo of ***** players. At least the lakers didn’t get an mvp player after winning 70 games than act like there gods gift.

Can curry please act like he’s hit a 3 before
Why does Kerr throw a fit every game
Iguadula has never committed a foul
Green is self explanatory
Durant is a *****
Zaza hurts people

I like the Warriors and their style of play. They built that team the right way and Durant was a sprinkle on top. I think of the Kings as 1a) and the Warriors 1b) It's almost as similar as people who vote for both the raiders and 49ers.....A's and Giants. And I don't hate the lakers anymore. They're building the team the right way and I can respect that. However, i would pick their young core over the kings EASILY. I do like the core of Fox and Bogs as the starting back court. I think they play well together. And I still have high hopes for Skal. And if by some God's prayer that they can draft Porter, they would have a nice 3-4-5 combo. But, as of right now, I'll take Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, etc...

We have a “special rivalry” with the Lakers because we were acsending at the same time that they were ascending. We were very competitive with them for several years. The Lakers and their fans didn’t seem to respect us. So we disrespected them. Their fans would flood our building. A small degree of opposition fandom in your building is tolerable. Maybe even healthy. But Laker fans took it to the extreme and rubbed our noses in it.
And then there is the stark contrast between Kings fans being largely underdog fans, while Laker fans were largely go-with-the-winner fans.
The Kings-GSW rivalry is a rivalry, but it’s different. It’s more of a local, regional rivalry. Plus now they’ve become intolerably arrogant and disrespectful. (Does winning do that?) For some Kings fans, this rivalry is even more real than the one with our SoCal cousins.
I think they’re both plenty real for us fans.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
To be honest, I don't feel any particular way about this humbled version of the Lakers. It's the grandstanding like they own the league which always bothered me and their inability to put together anything resembling a plan since the end of the Kobe era is kindof endearing in a way. They're as much lovable losers as we are now. They even hired Luke Walton as coach! Of all the players to come through there in the 90s and 2000s he's got to be the least intimidating one. I'm sure the minute they land a star and start winning games they'll crank the obnoxiousness up to 10 but in the meantime they're just kindof sad and I'm okay with that!

Also the Nor Cal vs So Cal rivalry seems kindof petty now that I've lived in both for over 15 years each. I understand them's fightin words for some of you but honestly, it's the same people on both sides. People in LA tend to be a little more blustery, a little more bragadocious because it's harder to be heard in a crowd but that's just a front. Underneath all the fake confidence, they've got more in common with the people of Nor Cal than anyone else in the country. When a large group of Kings fans come into Staples they chant "Sac - Ra - Men - To" just as loud. That's just a sports thing. It's only personal if you want it to be.

I also don't have a problem with the Warriors anymore. Sure they cheat and get away with it but they're good enough to win anyway. They obviously enjoy the game and why wouldn't they? It's good to be the King. They'll sit on the throne until somebody comes along to topple them. If we want to claim Nor Cal back for the true King(s) we've got to beat them on the court and win those fans back.

I like the Warriors and their style of play. They built that team the right way and Durant was a sprinkle on top. I think of the Kings as 1a) and the Warriors 1b) It's almost as similar as people who vote for both the raiders and 49ers.....A's and Giants. And I don't hate the lakers anymore. They're building the team the right way and I can respect that. However, i would pick their young core over the kings EASILY. I do like the core of Fox and Bogs as the starting back court. I think they play well together. And I still have high hopes for Skal. And if by some God's prayer that they can draft Porter, they would have a nice 3-4-5 combo. But, as of right now, I'll take Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, etc...
Is this some kinda of joke? I might be Biased, but there is no way I would take the Lakers core over the Kings. If Pope wouldn't of lost his mind last night that game could of easily been a blowout. Skal played awesome defense on Kuzma for most of the night. Kuzma was very ineffective. If you have been watching Fox the last month you know that Ball doesn't scratch the potential that Fox has. Bogs and Buddy have more potential to me than Hart. The list goes on WCS, Mason, GILES......, Jackson( all have potential).. The only place I see that Lakes have us is at the 3 spot with Ingram, but hopefully the kings can address that in the upcoming draft. The idea the Lakers young core has more potential than the Kings is laughable to me. I would have rather have Frank Mason starting for the Kings than Lonzo Ball.......

Lakers win it 113-108. Fun game. Interesting to see most of the Kings who closed out that game head straight to the tunnel and not exchange pleasantries with some Lakers players.

------------------------------------------

Good! I don't want our kids to "exchange pleasantries" with the effing Lakers. I want them to hate them with the same intensity I do. Sic semper tyrannis.
Good. F those guys and that franchise

dude12

Hall of Famer
Is this some kinda of joke? I might be Biased, but there is no way I would take the Lakers core over the Kings. If Pope wouldn't of lost his mind last night that game could of easily been a blowout. Skal played awesome defense on Kuzma for most of the night. Kuzma was very ineffective. If you have been watching Fox the last month you know that Ball doesn't scratch the potential that Fox has. Bogs and Buddy have more potential to me than Hart. The list goes on WCS, Mason, GILES......, Jackson( all have potential).. The only place I see that Lakes have us is at the 3 spot with Ingram, but hopefully the kings can address that in the upcoming draft. The idea the Lakers young core has more potential than the Kings is laughable to me. I would have rather have Frank Mason starting for the Kings than Lonzo Ball.......
Yeah, it's pretty comical to choose the Lakers core over Sac....considering we just started the rebuild in one calendar year and the Lakers have been at it for a few years now......and SoCal people are nothing like NorCal people.....and I don't mean that as a compliment.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
still hate them? Sometimes in life it's time to let things go. New era, new players, new philosophy. Lakers are going to be tanking with the Kings for the forseeable future unless Bron decides to join them.

still hate them? Sometimes in life it's time to let things go.
I agree. I like the Laker players with the exception of Lonzo Bust . I also dislike their coach. He's a bit of douche.

But their roster of Kouzma, Randle, Ingram, KCP, Hart, and before they traded Clarkson and Nance Jr, these are players who play ball the right way with exciting pace and respectable execution.

What is there to hate? The Laker fans are irritating but you know what they turned out in droves last night and were passionate to root on their team. I am not going to hate on a fan base for being passionate, even if you want to call them bandwagon jumpers during the Kobe Era.

Critics of Lakers fans used to say they were not "true fans" and their allegiance to the team was just because of Kobe. Well, they have stuck with the team post-Kobe so that criticism doesn't hold any substance.

When the Lakers had a bunch of punks on their team like Derek Fisher and Rick Fox and Jordan Farmar and smug AF Phil Jackson and all these PUNCHABLE faces they inspired strong dislike bordering on hate.

Now they are not so bad. Of course I still want to beat them.

But I want the Kings to beat every team in the league, that is, after we LIN our way to the #1 pick on 2018 draft ;)