I Hate Abc!!!

:mad: Why did ABC have to mess up a good thing just to show Reggie vs the Knicks. Clutch as all hell but I would have rather watched the Kings versus the Lakers. I don't even get a chance to tape it at 3am because parts are often edited.

yes abc sucks!! i was lucky enough to get coverage but i had to hear al michaels talk about the lakers and kobe the whole time. sometime late in the third or start of the fourth quarter hubie would talk about the kings and somehow it would all go back to the lakers and what they needed to do for next year.

i mean how much can you say about a team when they are not going to the playoffs and were getting beat by 20+ points in the game their in?

piksi said:
they Will Show The Repeat On Bspn At 3 Am
That does me no good, I'm happily asleep at 3am.

If they showed the damn game like they were supposed to, we'd all be happy.

BSPN is the more aptly titled name for ESPN(say for instance Bullcrap Sports Programming Network)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
PixelPusher said:
only good thing about ABC is Hubie Brown as a color analyst.
The only BAD thing about having Hubie Brown as a color analyst is he and Al go off on tangents and totally seem to forget there's a game going on. It's really tough to do a play-by-play if you have no idea why somebody is at the line, who the foul was on, etc. I like Hubie, but he tends to chew a subject to death during the game...

VF21 said:
The only BAD thing about having Hubie Brown as a color analyst is he and Al go off on tangents and totally seem to forget there's a game going on. It's really tough to do a play-by-play if you have no idea why somebody is at the line, who the foul was on, etc. I like Hubie, but he tends to chew a subject to death during the game...
That's because Al Michaels always wants to join in on the commentary. It's Al's job to stick with the flow of the game, but he'd rather do his own color commentary most of the time, hence the back-and-forth about a player while 3 or 4 possesions go by.

KILL ABC!!!

Nothing against Jack Ramsay, but I hear him say "That was a tough shot, J.D." I swear I'll go nuts. He's got to be the most boring announcer ever.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Elise10 said:
That does me no good, I'm happily asleep at 3am.

If they showed the damn game like they were supposed to, we'd all be happy.

BSPN is the more aptly titled name for ESPN(say for instance Bullcrap Sports Programming Network)

You could tape it and watch tomorow.

Beating LA never grts old anyways

piksi said:
You could tape it and watch tomorow.

Beating LA never grts old anyways
Just not the same. I hate taping commercials. The repeats are edited for time constraints, which still sucks because there may be a play I would have liked to have seen but couldn't.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
piksi said:
they Will Show The Repeat On Bspn At 3 Am
Is ESPN showing that at 3 AM Pacific Time? I would like to set my DVR, but need to know what time it will be played Central.

6th said:
Is ESPN showing that at 3 AM Pacific Time? I would like to set my DVR, but need to know what time it will be played Central.
I think it is at 2 AM central. Your tv guide on your dvr should have it listed.

Well, to be completely fair the Pacer/Knick game was very very close and was a more entertaining thing for everybody else who aren't Kings fans. All for ratings

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
vj9999 said:
I think it is at 2 AM central. Your tv guide on your dvr should have it listed.
Thanks

Edit: My Dish Guide shows an NBA game at 2 a.m. How the heck do I know that is the Kings/Lakers game? Any idea where I can confirm it?

Last edited:
3 am it is, then.

my day will go as follows:

i'll sleep at 8 pm.
wake up at 3 am.
game ends at 5 am, so i'll sleep again at 5 am
wake up 7 am
take a bath and the whole morning ritual
go to school.

ok, i'm set :)

I think after the past two weeks everyone has to agree that ABC sux a big fattie...

Good thing though that ESPN is showing it tonight..I have the TiVo set up and have it programmed to come on my TV at exactly 3am so whatever I'll be watching it will cut off...i sometimes forget..