Hypothetical Trade For Capela

“...The latest involves a potential three-way trade between the Kings, Wolves, and Rockets that could help each team take a step forward in the West. The deal would see the Rockets receive Covington, Dedmon, and Graham, the Kings receive Capela, Nene, and Thabo Sefolosha and the Timberwolves would get Bogdan Bogdanovic, Danuel House, Harry Giles, and a 2020 first-round pick.”

from fadeawayworld.net

what do you guys think?

So we would get a overpaid C who can't do anything on his own and is marginally better than Holmes while making 3-4 times more while giving up a pick. He also can't space the floor for Fox, yeah seems like the kind of deal the Kings would do.

Capalla/Adams/DJ (one of the worst contracts this off-season) are not worth what they make.

That trade makes zero sense for the kings imo. And I actually like Capela
It doesn't anymore with Holmes on board. Basically 85% of what Capela gives you.

I guess the worry is we wouldn't be enough under the cap to keep Holmes long-term. So you'd flip him for something while having Capela as a long-term building piece.

we give up too much players/talent without a pick to even consider this also I am not even sure we get the most talent back. so eff no. plus not sure how the salaries work but I'm pretty sure this gives us more long term bad money

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That trade makes zero sense for the kings imo. And I actually like Capela
You know who else that trade makes zero sense for? Houston. They're going to give up their third-most important player to get back, what? Robert Covington, and the Undertaker? Covington isn't that good a 3-and-D guy. If you think that trade makes sense for Houston, you've got to reeeeealy believe in Isaiah Hartenstein.

It doesn't make much more sense for Minnesota, for that matter. Like, you know what a team with a highly paid wingman is dying to have? A high-usage-rate backup, who thinks he should be starting.

I like Clint Capella.

I don't care about trading Bogi really.

I still have PTSD from Vlade's last brilliant pick swap.

Hard pass.

Quite frankly, I don't want Vlade involved in any trades.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
“...The latest involves a potential three-way trade between the Kings, Wolves, and Rockets that could help each team take a step forward in the West. The deal would see the Rockets receive Covington, Dedmon, and Graham, the Kings receive Capela, Nene, and Thabo Sefolosha and the Timberwolves would get Bogdan Bogdanovic, Danuel House, Harry Giles, and a 2020 first-round pick.”

from fadeawayworld.net

what do you guys think?
What do I think?

LOL...

You know who else that trade makes zero sense for? Houston. They're going to give up their third-most important player to get back, what? Robert Covington, and the Undertaker? Covington isn't that good a 3-and-D guy. If you think that trade makes sense for Houston, you've got to reeeeealy believe in Isaiah Hartenstein.

It doesn't make much more sense for Minnesota, for that matter. Like, you know what a team with a highly paid wingman is dying to have? A high-usage-rate backup, who thinks he should be starting.
Don’t disagree at all. Btw who is giving the 1st? I just assumed kings were lol

dude12

Hall of Famer
Woj is saying the Rockets are shopping Capela to several teams in the East and there are multi team trade scenarios being discussed. They are looking for a wing player and replacement center.......cue up the Bogi, Dedmon and maybe even Bjelica rumors

Woj is saying the Rockets are shopping Capela to several teams in the East and there are multi team trade scenarios being discussed. They are looking for a wing player and replacement center.......cue up the Bogi, Dedmon and maybe even Bjelica rumors
Could be a decent 3 way deal to get in on, Bjelica would be huge for them.

Add the Clippers to the list and looking for the same thing as Houston which is a big man and wing help
I saw someone post a trade between the Clippers and Kings that went like this

Bogi
Holmes

Zubac
J Robinson
Shamet
Clippers 1st

What are peoples thoughts? I like both Zubac and Shamet

dude12

Hall of Famer
I saw someone post a trade between the Clippers and Kings that went like this

Bogi
Holmes

Zubac
J Robinson
Shamet
Clippers 1st

What are peoples thoughts? I like both Zubac and Shamet
It’s a late first so for me it depends on Robinson and his abilities....not that familiar with him. Zunac is a quality big but Holmes has been better. Shamet is a damn good 3 point shooter. I mean it’s in the ballpark and you are assured of having an asset(s) instead of if Bogi leaves.

dude12

Hall of Famer
On Carmichael Dave show, one of there trade machine deals involved Harrison Barnes and 2nds for Capela. Interesting only if we can get another SF back somewhere but we would have a crap ton of centers on our team still.

On Carmichael Dave show, one of there trade machine deals involved Harrison Barnes and 2nds for Capela. Interesting only if we can get another SF back somewhere but we would have a crap ton of centers on our team still.
So then trade Dedmon to Clippers for Mo Harkless