How Do Sonics Fans Feel?

Just wondering how the Sonics fans (RayAllen34 is the only one I've consistenly seen on here) feel about the past game and how they feel about their team heading into game 2. Do you guys feel happy and proud of your team for pulling it out or you honestly alittle more worried about blowing a 21 pt lead, gving the Kings a chance to win? Basically are you guys nervous or confident about the next game? I'm not trying to talk trash here, I'm just asking for a perspective from the other side.

feel lucky to be honest that we won game 1 which bodes well for game 2, that we blew a big lead but still had the nerve to hold on and win the game. It shows we can handle the pressure even after giving up a lead and letting the Kings back into the game.

The fact we had nothing from Luke, Nick,Danny and Lew got in foul trouble, was forced to play only 30 minutes and we shoot 35% and we still win is a good sign. I don't think I have seen a worse shooting performance than that this year for us to I'm quite happy heading into game 2 that we can play really badly and still win the game

Obviously game 2 is going to be huge for both teams, both teams will feel it is a must win. It's more important i think for the kings as coming back from 0-2 and winning the series would be tough certainly when you consider the sonics are a great road team. But on the other hand us losing game 2 will give the kings all the confidence heading back to arco where we would need to grab 1 of 2.

The Sonics may have been alittle sloppy and definately didn't play their best, but the Kings definately played alot worse. During the first half, I was wondering why they even bothered to make the trip!

F

Fillmoe

Ray Allen34 said:
It would be nice If you explained why what I said was funny instead of raising your post count;)
i was laughing because it mad it seem like you were saying the Sonics could head into game 2 and play bad and still pull out the win....... if thats your mindset than your gonna be in for a surprise.....

Ray Allen34 said:
It would be nice If you explained why what I said was funny instead of raising your post count;)
I think Fillmoe will pretty much agree with my explanation of why the Kings played worse than the Sonics.

I totally disagree. Anyone who thinks the Sonics played anything but a terrible game have lost it. I don't think either team has much to be proud of. The Sonics won the game. THat's what matters.

I think the Kings totally missed an opportunity to take a game because the SOnics played poorly. That said, I'm hoping going to Tag earlier will make something happen.

There. I said it. My hopes for this playoff season lie in the hands of Greg Ostertag. Yikes.

Team Dime said:
I think Fillmoe will pretty much agree with my explanation of why the Kings played worse than the Sonics.

Fillmoe said:
i was laughing because it mad it seem like you were saying the Sonics could head into game 2 and play bad and still pull out the win....... if thats your mindset than your gonna be in for a surprise.....
No I was saying I was happy that we played badly and still won the first game. I don't expect us to shoot the ball that badly in game 2 so we shouldn't be in the position for me to make any such statement. Thats not to say Kings didn't play badly either but I feel we played just as bad if not worse. I don't know if this was your worse game of the year but it certainly was for us.

mr. moustache said:
I totally disagree. Anyone who thinks the Sonics played anything but a terrible game have lost it. I don't think either team has much to be proud of. The Sonics won the game. THat's what matters.

I think the Kings totally missed an opportunity to take a game because the SOnics played poorly. That said, I'm hoping going to Tag earlier will make something happen.

There. I said it. My hopes for this playoff season lie in the hands of Greg Ostertag. Yikes.
Wouldn't you agree that the Kings played worse than the Sonics?

Seattle was guilty of letting their feet off the gas, letting the Kings back into it; but as someone pointed out in another thread: both teams play bad defense at times, allow offensive rebounds, and rely on perimeter shooting, so it may be hard for either team to avoid letting the other team back into the game.

Ray Allen34 said:
No I was saying I was happy that we played badly and still won the first game. I don't expect us to shoot the ball that badly in game 2 so we shouldn't be in the position for me to make any such statement. Thats not to say Kings didn't play badly either but I feel we played just as bad if not worse. I don't know if this was your worse game of the year but it certainly was for us.
Ray Allen had a huge night and Rashard was pretty solid too making some plays down the stretch. Jerome James had a career almost Shaq-type night.

Mike Bibby was 1-16 in 37 minutes.

Bobby Jax was 0-7.

Peja had 24, but only took 3 shots in the 4th.

Mobley stepped up in the 4th, but was invisible in the 1st half.

The Kings looked like they didn't even know where they were or if they even cared in the first half. Sorry, but there is absolutely no way the Sonics play as worse or worse than the Kings in game 1. Trust me :).

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Team Dime said:

Seattle was guilty of letting their feet off the gas, letting the Kings back into it; but as someone pointed out in another thread: both teams play bad defense at times, allow offensive rebounds, and rely on perimeter shooting, so it may be hard for either team to avoid letting the other team back into the game.
The Sonics got big inside games out of James and Evans (althogh note that James just kept on shooting and bricking gimmes), but you look at the rest of the team and they didn't get much. Neither of their PGs were very good (Ridnour in particular), and Daniels threw some bad TOs late in the game that helped us stay in it. Their backup big men were awful -- Collison, Fortson and Beaded Wonder gave them nothing. Ray was solid, and gave them another boost on the boards. But he didn't shoot like Ray Allen at all (8-23). Lewis was severely hampered by early foul trouble. They shot .365 as a team, actually WORSE than us. They've got at least as much room to improve on that performance as we do.

We've got a lot of room to improve (Bibby and the inside people in particular), but it would be foolish to assume that we're going to be shooting at a stationary target who played anything near their best. LOT of room for the Sonics to get better for Game 2 too.

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
The Sonics got big inside games out of James and Evans (althogh note that James just kept on shooting and bricking gimmes), but you look at the rest of the team and they didn't get much. Neither of their PGs were good, and Daniels threw some bad TOs late in the game that helped us stay in it. Their backup big men were awful -- Collison, Fortson and Beaded Wonder gave them nothing. Ray was solid, and gave them another boost on the boards. But he didn't shoot like Ray Allen at all. Lewis was severely hampered by early foul trouble. They've got at least as much room to improve on that performance as we do.

We've got a lot of room to improve (Bibby and the inside people in particular), but it would be foolish to assume that we're going to be shooting at a stationary target who played anything near their best. LOT of room for the Sonics to get better for Game 2 too.
Fair enough, but the Sonics were the home team, it's alot worse to play a bad game at home than it is on the road (it may be a sign of playoff inexperience).

Both teams will play better Tuesday

But will either team be able to exploit the weaknesses exposed on Saturday?

Neither Mike nor Bobby can play worse. Not much to exploit by Seattle. If their offense stays putrid, we will see some real defensive improvements by our shamed microguards.

If RA is stubborn enough to play Brian/Kenny/Corliss at the 4/5 spots, then James will have another great night and the Kings lose. Stubborn as he is, RA is smarter than stubborn. I bet we see a bigger interior Kings team, and half the game will be the Greg/Brad combo. Then the interior weakness is turned around.

help me get tickets

SORRY FOR THE OT:

Ray Allen34 (or anyone),
I've asked you once before (in another thread) with no replies; but can you tell me how to get tix to a sonics game at key arena? I am a kings fans that have moved up here to Seattle and would like to go see a playoff game if possible. I am hoping I can get tickets for tomorrow's game... if not then for game 5 or game 7 (if needed for the kings to win ;) ). Any help would greatly be appriciated.

TIA,
Thomas

ultraman206 said:
SORRY FOR THE OT:

Ray Allen34 (or anyone),
I've asked you once before (in another thread) with no replies; but can you tell me how to get tix to a sonics game at key arena? I am a kings fans that have moved up here to Seattle and would like to go see a playoff game if possible. I am hoping I can get tickets for tomorrow's game... if not then for game 5 or game 7 (if needed for the kings to win ;) ). Any help would greatly be appriciated.

TIA,
Thomas
Check out www.ebay.com or you may actually find a better deal on www.craigslist.org - just go to the seattle site and click "for sale." Out of curiosity I looked at tix up there and it appears that there are some good deals in Seattle whereas in Sac the tix seem to be a much hotter item. Good luck!!!

ultraman206 said:
SORRY FOR THE OT:

Ray Allen34 (or anyone),

TIA,
Thomas
this should help you out

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/806170

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Diabeticwonder said:
Check out www.ebay.com or you may actually find a better deal on www.craigslist.org - just go to the seattle site and click "for sale." Out of curiosity I looked at tix up there and it appears that there are some good deals in Seattle whereas in Sac the tix seem to be a much hotter item. Good luck!!!
LOL - tickets are impossible to get at times, especially the playoffs, unless you have a lot of $$$ to blow. From the Kings media guide (last page of those in this link):

http://www.nba.com/media/kings/04_season_review.pdf

ALL-TIME NBA CONSECUTIVE
SELLOUT STREAKS

The Kings have the fourth-highest consecutive sellout streak
in NBA history (497 games) and begin the 2004-05 season
with
the longest active streak (226 consecutive sellouts).
This current streak began on Nov. 26, 1999.

And this streak is still intact....

Other than the mere presence of Danny Forston, I think this will continue to be an interesting series. I'll bet the second game will be nothing like the first, but I don't know what will happen.

Oh wait, Bobby and Mike will shoot better than 4.3 percent. That we know.

ultraman206 said:
thx Diabeticwonder/Ray Allen34.

Ray Allen34 - isn't there a sonics 800 # or key arena 800 # I can call directly to get tickets? Again sorry for the OT.
try calling the sonics front office number

(206) 281-5800

they should be able to help you.

RA34, I understand your logic, and how you think you played a crappy game, and therefore feel good about Game 2.

In contrast, we were on the road, our PG's combined for 1-23, and we lost by only 5, with one 3 pointer away from OT. I feel GREAT going into Game 2. :)

ultraman206 said:
thx Diabeticwonder/Ray Allen34.

Ray Allen34 - isn't there a sonics 800 # or key arena 800 # I can call directly to get tickets? Again sorry for the OT.
1-800-4NBA TIX should be the number. Here is a direct line as well. (I hope it is OK to give the number here. Also, I think she works with groups, but you can try your chance).

Megan Cifala
Account Executive, Group Sales
Seattle Sonics and Storm
Phone: 206.272.2532
Fax: 206.272.2533
mcifala@sonics-storm.com

For the game... Well, I think you missed a very good opportunity. I understand that you guys have every reason to be hopeful, but at the same time think about this. For 5 of the Sonics players, it was their first play-off game. Lewis, Radman and JJ had play-off experiences before for, uh, just 5 games. 3 years ago, against Spurs. The only guys with some experience are Ray and AD.

When I saw Luke's face on TV before the game, I understood how nervous/excited he was. It was very normal that he couldn't produce. Even Fortson was not in his kicking and elbowing self. If you jumped on this team early on, or if you really, really pushed in the 4th, you could destroy them. You may say, you really pushed hard, but if AD hit one of the free throws, the game was out of reach earlier (OK, OK you missed free throws as well... ;), but you can understand what I am saying). But, you ended up giving some confidence to these guys. Even you think otherwise, the coaching stuff can now say that Kings fought hard to come back, found a way to almost win the game, but Sonics were able to answer Kings' run and pull out the win.

I want to add one more thing (Once I start writing, I cannot stop, that's also true when I start talking...:) ). Many of you say that Tag should get more minutes, etc. While that's true for rebounding purposes, watch for Sonics for high pick and roll using JJ. Tag is not built to defend pick and roll. I think Tag got 3 fouls in 18 minutes. Sonics can exploit that. I think it was also Nate's mistake not to tell the players penetrate after pick and roll when Tag was in the game. If we did that, we'd get more foul shots from Tag.

We couldn't use Lewis as much as we wanted because of his foul problem. He was our most effective player. By the way, some of you say that Ray played to his top, which is not true. He shot 8/23 from the field. This is not good for a player of his caliber. Anyhow, back to Lewis... He is our probably only low post option. When he got the ball there, somebody always came to help, mostly Tag. When our outside was not falling this didn't hurt you, but when we have better shooting nights, this may cause some trouble to you.

Both teams are streaky right now. You had some horrible performance from Bibby and Bobby. While Bibby may not repeat this performance again, it is very likely that in this series BoJax will have a similar performance again in some game. Same goes with Brad and Peja. They are going to have their off nights and most probably we'll have our share of players who'll stink it up all night. That's how the injuries, not playing long periods of time effect players. You assume that Bibby and BoJax will get better while Tag, Miller and Peja will remain in the same level. That won't happen. It won't happen for us either. Sometimes, the lucky team will win.

As I said, I understand why you are hopeful and optimistic, but I also think that you may understand why we are optimistic as well. After all, we are up 1-0. This does not mean that we are going to win 3 more but it says that we need to win 1 less game than you. Also, our road record is better than our home record.

Aside from these, I don't have much to add what Brick said. He had pretty good analysis of the game and the players.

Last edited:
ultraman206 said:
SORRY FOR THE OT:

Ray Allen34 (or anyone),

TIA,
Thomas
I've got an extra one for tomorrow's game if you're interested($16) and not a bad seat. They're easy to find on seattle.craigslist.com as well.

Team Dime said:
Yes. I think the Sonics played a D+ game and I think the Kings played a D- game. Either way, I don't think either team should be feeling much confidence. I just think it's silly to say: Kings played poorly and almost won. The Sonics can say something similar: Sonics played poorly and won.

I take statement 2

thank you again for all the help.

mr. moustache - thanks for the offer, but I have to buy for 10 ppl so I will try straight from the box office first.

As for the game: Both teams were not playing up to their levels. I know for sure we will do better; I just hope the sonics don't do better then our better. Never-the-less should be a much more exciting game to watch then the pathetic first one... at least it better be... I am paying to go to go see it :D !

If in the next game both teams shoot well, the Kings will win easily. The Kings are much more of a prolific scoring team than Seattle. If the Kings can hinder the Sonics ability to grab the offensive boards than we will have a great chance to win. Tag and Brad are the keys to this series. Oh yeah, Bibby is a pretty big factor too.