Hot new George Karl rumor (Merged)

Grant even mentioning dire need for a coach and his belief that Karl has been contacted.

I strongly suspect this is being orchestrated by the front office and, for once, I don't care if that is what they're doing. The end is all that matters, by whatever means necessary.
It's certainly starting to stink like one again!

I am definitely not a fan of these calculated leaks that these guys are becoming notorious for. They ****ed up! Own up to it and fix it now! Stop trying to treat us like a bunch of idiots and spoon feeding us a leak here and there to deflect from the real issue. It's so obvious but these guys think it's good PR. It's not! It stinks!

Orlando is trying to get Karl now to. :/
It's typical Kings FO! Always two moves behind! If they didn't like what coach Karl was going to cost back in December, they are about to find out that it will cost them a lot more this time around if Orlando is genuinely interested.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Maybe these dips think its "safe" now to "go after" a new coach, because they figure Orlando will take Karl, and they can claim, well, we would have loved to have him but just got beat out. Darn shucks! Onto Mully it is!

The Front office must have gave Grant the nod to rant for change, as they did when he begged for anwsers and Pete "miraculously" replied publicly via twitter that he would talk to Dave. Something must be in the works for a coach to take over sooner rather than later.

Frankly it doesnt even matter if they did use Grant as a puppet again or not, something has to be done before we lose Cuz.

I love Grant's attitude today.
You can tell that he is not just trying to make for an entertaining show but genuinely upset about his favorite basketball team.
Well, this is genuinely upsetting. PR people seem to be quitting left and right.

There are just bad vibes looming over everything in this organization.

This is Stan Van Gundy using sac to get a better deal in Orlando all over again.

And I think PDA and crew would go right along with the charade of an interview with Karl to keep the wolves at bay.

Know how you feel Capt.

Some of the “youngsters” might not remember when Bill Russell was hired as the coach of the Sacramento Kings a long time ago. Bill was All-American when he led the USF Dons to NCAA titles, he also led the Boston Celtics to NBA Titles with those accomplishments I with others felt almost “Honored” to have a coach of his stature to coach our team and have him lead our team to ”greatness”.

But all quickly ended when it became known that Bill wasn’t coaching at all. His main focus was playing golf and when he did show up for Kings practice he’d arrive with a cup-of-coffee sit in the stands and watch his assistant coaches run the drills and was seldom on the floor. The team never improved under his short stay and many fans thought him the worst kings coach ever.

Please never mention him as a coaching candidate ever.

No to Gentry, Brooks, Mullin, McMillan or Mark Jackson. Yes to Karl or Thibodeau. Don’t get worked up guys it’s just M.O.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Grant is vomiting on the radio, metaphorically speaking. Just losing it. Calling out the organization to make a change. I don't think the status quo is going to be with us for much longer.

caller to start the 4:00 hour was legitimately angry. You could hear it in his voice.
This FO has pis**d away every ounce of good will they had built up with the purchase of the kings and the new arena. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't witnessed the last couple of months.

gunks

Hall of Famer
No coach that is playoff/championship worthy will take having to entertain basketball advice from Vivek. Endofstory
Neither did Malone, and we saw how that ended.

Vivek is the majority owner, that means even a hall of fame coach is "just another employee" to him.

Besides, he has to play his role as "chief irritant". I'm sure Vivek thinks he's the kind of irritant that causes oysters to spit out pearls, while in reality, he's the type of irritant that causes Kings fans to spit out vomit.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
As far as the pick vs. the coach issue, using an extreme example, who wouldn't give up a #1 to have Popovich run the organization? I'd give two #1s, easy. The point is, it all depends on the quality of the coach. And while we're at it, it all depends on the quality of the GM. How in the world can anybody still have confidence in PDA if we believe him when he said that he was the one that fired Malone? If he or Mullin had a smidgeon of influence in that ultimate decision, they should be gone. The Malone firing is one of the worst decisions I've ever seen a sports organization make. This org needs to fire PDA, fire Mullin, fire Corbin, and get a whole new FO that has the wisdom and experience to give us some real cause for excitement. It's not about "taking responsibility" with PDA and Mullin. It's about accountability. "Taking responsibility" are just words that politicians mouth to avoid the consequences. Accountability is suffering the consequences for one's actions .

If Vivek brings in some real brains with credibility, the #1 pick is totally secondary. If he just gets a decent coach, then that #1 becomes much more important. But if the guy is just decent, we won't have to worry about losing that #1 pick. We'll still be in the bottom 10.

Grant is vomiting on the radio, metaphorically speaking. Just losing it. Calling out the organization to make a change. I don't think the status quo is going to be with us for much longer.
smells like when pda setup the fake call out to CD to do an interview/open mic session which he basically led.

all staged for fun.

Carmichael Dave tweeting if we hire now it's Karl in the offseason it's gentry. I seriously don't get this gentry nonsense dude is below average.
nellie ball baby. if its the offseason which it mostly is, it'll be mullin. don't fall for the bs man.

it would be a waste to bring in karl now and push for the playoffs only to lose the pick. if they did, gerbil needs to be clubbed to the point where he'll need some time off. what a f'ng waste of 2 months to see everything that was being built demolished. team morale, fan morale, having the media take a gigantic crap on the franchise for a idiotic decision.

nellie ball baby. if its the offseason which it mostly is, it'll be mullin. don't fall for the bs man.

it would be a waste to bring in karl now and push for the playoffs only to lose the pick. if they did, gerbil needs to be clubbed to the point where he'll need some time off. what a f'ng waste of 2 months to see everything that was being built demolished. team morale, fan morale, having the media take a gigantic crap on the franchise for a idiotic decision.
I already know Mullin will be the next coach unless a miracle happens. I still believe our only hope would be Thibs getting fired and cousins demanding u mean demanding Thibs be here. Hopefully this can happen.

Ps. I will always root hard for Malones next team hopefully Minneasota.

It could be staged. But the Kings show before Grant's was also pounding away at the Kings org. I doubt they are part of the stage.
heard the same crap on grants show before gerbil called dave out on twitter for a infamous tell all nothing interview. he was pounding the org for keeping ppl in the dark.