Hey Kings fans! It's time for roll call!

Been gone a while. Lurked during this whole process, but I'm back to say THANK YOU KJ! THANK YOU VIVEK! THANK YOU SACRAMENTO for allowing me to still be a longtime Kings fan from all the way in Norfolk, Virginia. I told my friends if we moved I might stop watching the NBA altogether. Now, I KNOW that won't have to happen. WOOOOOHOOOOOO! LETS GO KINGS!!!!!:)

One and Done, posting here since '05 (wow, eight years now!).

If I remember correctly, I stumbled upon the KingsFans forum while I was in London...desperately searching for a feed to watch what was a terrible home opener vs. New Orleans and one Chris Paul in his rookie debut. We'd just had an interesting offseason: acquiring Abdur-Rahim in Free Agency, trading for Bonzi Wells, and the hype on Jason Hart as a defensive-minded PG was at full steam. Needless to say, I got little sleep watching an awful game but good memories nonetheless!

Lifelong Kings fan hailing from San Francisco, CA. Born and raised in lovely Sactown.

Was lucky enough to say hi to the Kings fans in front of the St. Regis a few weeks back (coincidentally, I was wearing a Kings t shirt that day). Great to have the Kings stay where they belong!

Long time Laker fan from the Magic Johnson era (until 1988 when I saw the Kings vs Orlando Magic and the Magic won 115-113). Once I saw the Kings game I started to get more and more into the Kings and learning their lineups and rotations. I learned about all the players as well. Pretty soon all my Laker stuff on my walls were replaced by Kings stuff.

So I guess my start was in 1988 and I am a life long resident of Sacramento.

Kings Fan from Foresthill, California, but in my short life I have lived in Buenos Aires, London, New York, Krakow, Paris, Berlin, Santa Cruz, Los Angeles, and now I'm right in the heart of Midtown Sac.

I've been a fan since 1998 and I've never wavered in my support. I've foolishly watched nearly every game available since 1998, and I look forward to 35 more years of Kings basketball.

Fresno King
Fresno, Ca.
I lived in Sacramento from 1978-1985. Moved to Fresno from Sac in September of '85 with my parents when I was 13 - the same year the Kings moved to Sacramento and right before their inaugural season started. I was devastated, but they were going to be my team no matter what. I remember being at my grandparents' house in Rohnert Park at the end of the 84-85 season when the Kings were wrapping up their final season in Kansas City. Sacramento TV was showing their games to give fans a glimpse of our new team and I was hooked. From Theus to Webb to Wayman, Mitch, C-Webb and now Big Cuz, I've always been a Sacramento Kings fan, and now I can proudly say I'll be one forever.

Ha! I've seen this thread before but had never clicked on it and had forgotten about it. So, I've never lived in Sac (currently about 90 minutes north) and growing up in Southern California (generally anyway) I was a huge Lakers fan. Went to lots of games at the Forum with my dad to see the Showtime Lakers. Magic is still the man for me and always will be.

In 1988 I won a school award and had the opportunity to go the state championships in Sacramento. I had never been to Sac before but we stayed in the Holiday Inn downtown, went to the new train museum, the still being renovated Old Sac area, the Capitol building, etc., But as a NBA fan I was most interested in what my dad was telling me about the team that recently moved from Kansas City. We drove north on I-5 and saw the huge brand new Arco arena, like a temple in the middle of nowhere. Sac really made an impression on me and as I got older I would always make side-trips to Sac, one of my first dates with my wife was an Old Sac venture, it was one of the first places we took our first born son on Gold Rush Days, etc. I used to drive hours just to go around to all the Tower Records in Sac.

So I've always loved the city, but I was still a Laker fan through the Kings glory years. Vlade was pretty much Kareem's replacement when he first played for the Lakers, and I always appreciated his effort and personality. Then he was traded for Kobe's rights and the era of big egos and even bigger expectations saddled my Lakers experience. Even while rooting for the Lakers in the early 2000s, I knew the Kings were the better team, and that they played the way the game was supposed to be played. But I was still happy the Lakers got their 3-peat in 2002. After the Lakers fell from grace shortly after, Kobe had his rape scandal, etc., I started following the Kings more closely. I bought the Lakers dynasty DVD set and rewatched those great games from 2002 and found myself appreciating the Kings play more and more, and feeling sick that things didn't turn out they way they should have. Then as the relocation threats became more real, I started to become attached to the Kings and started following every arena plan. I went to more games, started following every personnel move. Two years ago, at the infamous "last game" against the Lakers before the inevitable relocation to Anaheim, I was for the first time completely invested in the Kings and rooting against the Lakers. I was crying at the end along with Grant and Jerry and everyone else. When things started looking like the Kings might stay, I told everyone I knew that if they stayed, I would completely abandon my Lakers fandom. And I have-- it's been two years since I've watched a Lakers game that didn't involve the Kings. I was sorry to see Kobe go down with his injury at the end of the year, but I honestly felt no emotion whatsoever when they were eliminated from the playoffs. I'm officially a Sacramento Kings fan. I've never gone to more than two or three games in a season, but I found myself this weekend trying to talk my wife into season tickets next year. My three boys will grow up Kings fans and they're going to experience the best fanbase in all of pro-sports.

I can't wait to see Sacramento transformed over the next few years, and for this team to regain its prominence and relevence. Now I just need to work on the dozens of Lakers fans I still know.

Born and raised in Loomis, CA. Currently live in Seattle, but spent most of the last 15 years in the Bay Area. Went to my first Kings game in 1986. So glad they are staying put!

Kings fan since '99 and for LIFE! Sacramento, born and raised.

I am absolutely beyond happy that all of this is over, and I can get back into being a Kings fan without having to stress!

Sac native and KF member since before the crash of 2004. Not as active on KF since I moved to Utah in 2006, but still a Kings fan through and through.

I have been a Kings fan my entire life. Grew up in the valley, bounced around a bit, and now in Sacramento.

I have been a member of this board since the day of the Webber trade. I didn't know this place existed until the despair of that day, and was looking for a place to vent my feelings.

Been a kings fan since 98 with webber, williams, and vlade. I'm going to admit that I'm a bandwagon.

Since late 94', i've been watching basketball and my favorite teams were as follows:

hornets 94-96 because of mourning, bogues, and larry johnson
bulls 96-97 because of Jordan and co.
Jazz 97-98 I switched to them solely because I wanted to see Malone and Stockton win a ring. They were such underdogs.
kings 98-11 I lived in Sacramento since 94, so this makes sense.

09-11 ( In between times, I didn't follow the team nearly as much; i pretty much gave up on them making them my fourth favorite team. (giants, niners, and sharks {hell, i dont even watch hockey}) I knew the Maloofs were doing something very shady, but I didn't know what it was back then. I didn't trust them since the webber fiasco and them wanting sac to build an expensive arena for free.

Warriors 2011-current I know I'm going to get alot of flack for this, but I jumped on their bandwagon LAST YEAR. (when they were not very good) One reason for this is that i am on a 49er message board constantly and the only basketball team they talk about mostly are the lakers and warriors. The Kings are a distant third on that message board. Also, the bay area media market (tv and esp. the radio 680) treats the kings like a red headed step child as they barely cover them at all. Therefore, I naturally gravitated towards the Warriors over time. Another reason is since I am from San Francisco, the team is moving back there in 2017 (supposedly) and build a wonderful arena on the Embarcadero. And with the Kings damn near leaving, I totally gave up on this team...

So now, I have two basketball teams that I follow; but i have to admit that my heart is in Sacramento, but not like it used to be.

I guess I've mostly been focused on that other subforum this year... or the past 2 or 3. Looking forward to actually enjoying the on court drama and following a team with a future again.
Born and raised in Sac, Kings Fan since they arrived. Now in Portland by way of Boston and SoCal.
Living out of the area has made my allegiance stronger as the Kings have remained my main tie to my hometown (well I guess there was the Surge my first year of school).

Circa_1985_Fan

Born/raised in Sac, Kings fan since day 1!

LETS DO THIS SACRAMENTO!!!

Edit: Guess I need to change my sig now that Vivek is new owner. :D

Last edited:
Born and raised in the Northern Sacramento Valley (Glenn and Butte County). Been a Kings fan since the beginning; remember the Wayman Tisdale All-Star game?

Sacramento native till 2006 when I moved to Salt Lake City. Been a Kings fan since they moved to Sac, and will always be a fan while they remain where they belong!

I'm a big time lurker, once in a while poster living in Davis. I've been a Kings fan since the day they moved to Sac. I'm so happy and relieved that they're here to stay.

I've been away from the site for a few years and lurking the past few months. Still following the Kings and can't wait to be at opening night 2013!!!