• Kingsnation and NoBonus

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Spike and NME

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Spike and NoBonus

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
spike because he has megatron, NME because he has psylocke.

wow, i might as well just announce that i live in my parents' basement. :p

Well, Darth Vader certainly will be no match for my team at all. He will probably kill his own team for Luke just like he killed Palpatine.

While Megatron is distracted, Hulk will jump on his back and tear the robot limb from limb.

Professor X will easily take care of Sephiroth whose powers are no match for X. X is far more advanced in everything.

Aquaman can just splash some water on that little dragon drawing.

We will utilize Luke's flight skills to come after the Hobgoblin.

And after we turn Vader soft, all 7 of us can take care of Zod easily.

Last edited:
NME - The No Name Team
1.08 Dr. Manhattan AKA Big Empty
2.09 Dr. Fate AKA Don't touch my magic helmet
3.08 Mr. Majestic AKA Mr. Ego AKA what comic am I from again?
4.09 Ion AKA My Wikipedia page is shorter than Mr. Majestic's and no one knows what he is from, what am I from a single issue of Green Lantern?
5.08 Psylocke AKA If I wasn't wearing a thong, I would not have been in this draft at all.
6.09 Isis AKA Wow! A girl Shazaam spinoff? Who knew? Certainly no one here. Do not get her mixed up with the God Isis, people know about the god Isis.

vs.

NoBonus -
DemocraticCommission on Global Protection and Social Values
1. Emperor Palpatine - Star Wars
Apocalypse - Marvel Comics
3. Boba Fett - Star Wars
4. Gozer - Ghostbusters
5. The Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) - Marvel Comics
6. Rabbit of Caerbannog - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Let's see how my plan plays out here:

Phase 1: Heroes are asked to leave the planet to protect from global warming. Green Goblin will build a tachyon field generator so Dr. Manhatten can no longer see the future and his interest in the events of Earth fall to an all time low. Let's see, I really don't see any of your "heroes" staying around if asked to leave, especially the Mr. Majestic (AKA Mr. Ego) as he would feel insulted by the idea that he was hurting the people and his ego could not take a hit like that. And Isis as she is another super-chump always doing what is right. At this point, Ion and Dr. Manhatten, will feel no need to get involved as there is no threat raised by the Democratic Commission on Global Protection and Social Values, just an attempt to save the earth.

Phase 2: Gozer and Apocalypse rid the earth of any of the rest of the no name team I am fighting. Apocalypse could easily remove Dr. Fate's helmet like he did to Professor X, without the helmet, the Rabbit will just bit his head off. Psylocke's powers also have no effect on Apocalypse; like Prof. X, Apocalypse will simply blink her out of existence or into exile on the planet where we re-located all the "superheroes". Also, if Isis stuck around, Gozer would defeat her quite easily.

[yt=Magical helmet and mutant removal 101]nm8t5PPJpqA[/yt]

Phase 3: Build death star around earth at this point Dr. Manhatten still uninterested and can no longer see the future of the earth due to the tachyon field. Hero planet destroyed by death star.

Phase 4: People of earth beaten into submission by the Rabbit of Caerbannog and clones; most conscribe to the emporer Palpatine. Dr. Manhatten still uninterested as this follows a regular pattern of human events.

Earth taken over, the Commission on Global Protection and Social Values wins.

Last edited:
Kingsnation - The Six Dimensions
1.16 Professor Charles Xavier
2.01 The Incredible Hulk
3.16 Luke Skywalker
4.01 Captain Jack Sparrow
5.16 Aquaman
6.01 Tarzan

vs.

Spike -
The Deciders
1. Darth Vader - Star Wars
2. Megatron - Transformers
3. The Hobgoblin - Marvel Comics
4. Sephiroth - Final Fantasy
5. General Zod - Superman
6. Trogdor the Burninator - Homestar Runner/Strong Bad Email

I cannot manage a whole blow by blow of this, but let's summarize:
-Darth Vader vs. Luke Skywalker = tie (without Palpatine's help)
-Capt. Jack and Tarzan = Dead on arrival.
-Aquaman - Unless someone falls in the water... not sure he can help here in any way
-This leaves us with Megatron, Hobgoblin, Sephiroth, Zod, and Togdor vs. Prof. X and Hulk. By mere numbers, X and Hulk lose this battle. Zod and Trogdor could occupy Hulk long enough for Megatron (who is a robot, so mind control on him is questionable) to sneak up on and kill X as X destroys Sephiroth and the Hobgoblin. Then, Megatron, Zod, and Trogdor kill Hulk with Megatron's super powerful gun.

Close, but Spike has the edge here due to the three useless Heroes on the other team.

Tie? How again? Vader killed Palpatine for Luke.

And how is a drawing more useful than actual people?

Also, again these battles are taking places on our islands, Aquaman can turn the whole ocean against one island.

Apocalypse will require more than a psi-blast from Psylocke, but luckily several of NoBonus's members can be taken off the board with haste.

Boba Fett and Green Goblin, as barely more than dudes in wacky suits, can be pulverized by Majestic in nano-seconds, psi-blasted into comas by Psylocke, disintigrated by Manhattan, etc. take your pick.

The Emperor likewise presents little more concern for my team than an average senior citizen. His mind influence is only effective on the weak-minded and his Sith lightning would barely tickle any of my foot soldiers. Oops, the Emperor broke a hip...and every other bone in his body is dust.

Killer bunny can be squished or blasted by whichever member has a few seconds to spare. This Roundtable is not manned by a bunch of hapless slapstick knights. Or for style points, Isis animal-controls the cute little bugger into gnawing himself to death.

Gozer's presence depends on the stability of the gate that brought her. A few idiots with proton guns blasted her back home. Fate can cast her back through the gate with a spell, or else Ion or Manhattan can produce the necessary energy frequency to shut it down.

It's only moments before everyone is free to concentrate their assault on Apocalypse in tandem. He's used to taking on a group of X-Men, but really most X-Men are one-trick ponies and nowhere near as powerful as the five members of my team that fight alongside Psylocke today. Apocalypse has never had to deal with anything like Silver Age Superman-level of strength of Mr. Majestic, the magical mastery of Dr. Fate, or the incalculable energy wielded by Ion. All three at once, plus the added distractions of Psylocke's mind attacks and Isis's elemental attacks will have Apocalypse so occupied that he doesn't even notice Dr. Manhattan dissolving the covalent bond that holds his atoms together. He may have regeneration abilities, but they are no help when he is disintigrated and dispersed through space at the subatomic level.

Phase 1: Heroes are asked to leave the planet to protect from global warming. Green Goblin will build a tachyon field generator so Dr. Manhatten can no longer see the future and his interest in the events of Earth fall to an all time low. Let's see, I really don't see any of your "heroes" staying around if asked to leave, especially the Mr. Majestic (AKA Mr. Ego) as he would feel insulted by the idea that he was hurting the people and his ego could not take a hit like that. And Isis as she is another super-chump always doing what is right. At this point, Ion and Dr. Manhatten, will feel no need to get involved as there is no threat raised by the Democratic Commission on Global Protection and Social Values, just an attempt to save the earth.
In other words, your strategy hinges on a public relations campaign to make my heroes feel bad. :rolleyes: Your villains have a future in politics, but unfortunately in this island confrontation they are dispatched in minutes, not months or years.

In other words, your strategy hinges on a public relations campaign to make my heroes feel bad. :rolleyes: Your villains have a future in politics, but unfortunately in this island confrontation they are dispatched in minutes, not months or years.
So you have no counter for my strategy? Looks like you are destined to fail here. Also, if you attack a sitting Senator (Palpatine) it is your team the Earth will see as evil, not mine. If I wanted to win a mere beat-em-up competition, I would have drafted a bunch of omnipotent nameless boneheads who have no real place in the comic universe like you did, instead, I thought I would follow the idea of the draft and that idea was to take over the world.

Last edited:
The Emperor likewise presents little more concern for my team than an average senior citizen. His mind influence is only effective on the weak-minded and his Sith lightning would barely tickle any of my foot soldiers. Oops, the Emperor broke a hip...and every other bone in his body is dust.
Oops, you killed a senator who is trying to save the world from global warming... the earth will riot until your team leaves the planet. Go back to start.

Gozer's presence depends on the stability of the gate that brought her. A few idiots with proton guns blasted her back home.
Too bad you don't have any proton guns on your team; additionally, Gozer is already here and on my island, no gate needed. Regardless, you somehow doubt Apocalypse could bring Gozer to the Earth?

Last edited:
One other point, I am a big comic fan and I had to look up more than half of NME's team on the Internet just to understand who they were. Is this seriously who we want representing us in the finals? A bunch of no names from some off shoot of a mainstream comic book? My team has evil, style, charm, and power... balance, not just characters from comics so poorly written that no one even knows about them.

Actually, this is the perfect strategy for defeating a team with Dr. Manhatten especially with the Green Goblin smart enough to build a tachyon field. In fact, they could probably get Dr. Manhatten to help rid the earth of the rest of your team if he saw them as evil as they attacked a helpless old senator and refused to help stop global warming.

Tie? How again? Vader killed Palpatine for Luke.

And how is a drawing more useful than actual people?

Also, again these battles are taking places on our islands, Aquaman can turn the whole ocean against one island.
I think Luke explicitly wins vs. Vader... we saw it happen in return of the jedi...
And Trogdor is a weak pick... another obscure character no one knows about who is supposedly "invincible". Let's get this garbage off of the board. I don't even consider them in matchups when I vote, if I have never even heard of them.

As far as Aquaman goes... I think the best he could do is keep the fish away from the island so they have nothing to eat.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Professor X is a good pick, but your other heroes are relatively useless in a battle such as this. Luke and Vader will duel to a draw, but Luke, sensing that Father's Day is nearby, will have a sense of remorse seconds before he is burninated by Trogdor. This battle will take place on a desert island, so Aquaman will sit by on his dolphin and watch as Sparrow and Tarzan are brutally murdered by Sephiroth, who had been waiting until the final four to truly show his malice. The hobgoblin, bored why the massive blowout taking place, will toss random pumpkins at Hulk, just to toy with him before Megatron blasts said Hulk into dust.

Again, there's too much evil to overcome for your league of do-gooders.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You know, much as I have voted NoBonuses team several times, and much as my team of antiheroes would have been largely immune to such tactics and would have gleefully broken the old man's spine and thrown anybody who complained in a dumpster, I must say that the entire "your heroes cannot do anything because they'll lose out on a public opinion poll" thing is getting rather old.

There's got to be a better argument than that.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
And Trogdor is a weak pick... another obscure character no one knows about who is supposedly "invincible". Let's get this garbage off of the board. I don't even consider them in matchups when I vote, if I have never even heard of them.

As far as Aquaman goes... I think the best he could do is keep the fish away from the island so they have nothing to eat.
Come on now, just because you're not in the know doesn't mean you need to discount the awesomeness that is Trogdor:

[yt=Trogdor Tribute]Y7W3u1Y8nj0[/yt]

What's that? Trogdor on Guitar Hero?

[yt=Guitar Hero Trogdor]ZpQmtjfsZU4[/yt]

Think of Trogdor as a Tom Brady pick. Late round pickup who impacted the team greater than anyone could imagine.

What does one find on a desert island? Thatched Roof Cottages. What does Trogdor burninate? Aside from peasants, and the countryside, Trogdor burninates thatched roof cottages. A brilliant pick!

Let me educate you on the history of Trogdor:
[yt=Trogdor History]7gz1DIIxmEE[/yt]

Goodness, all this from the last pick in my draft? Awesomeness + Evil = Unstoppable force.

You know, much as I have voted NoBonuses team several times, and much as my team of antiheroes would have been largely immune to such tactics and would have gleefully broken the old man's spine and thrown anybody who complained in a dumpster, I must say that the entire "your heroes cannot do anything because they'll lose out on a public opinion poll" thing is getting rather old.

There's got to be a better argument than that.
I think I clearly laid out how I would defeat his team using my original strategy quite well. Manipulation. As far as the public opinion poll thing goes, I am just trying to drive home that this is a weakly drafted team; no soul, no thought, just some time on the internet google searching the word "Indestructible". My team has a specific strategy to victory that I do not think NME can counter. With Dr. Manhattan disinterested, his team would lose. My strategy is a solid strategy for taking over the earth and NME has no counter for it.

I laid it all out here giving each of his heroes full respect: http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=635105&postcount=7

Professor X is a good pick, but your other heroes are relatively useless in a battle such as this. Luke and Vader will duel to a draw, but Luke, sensing that Father's Day is nearby, will have a sense of remorse seconds before he is burninated by Trogdor. This battle will take place on a desert island, so Aquaman will sit by on his dolphin and watch as Sparrow and Tarzan are brutally murdered by Sephiroth, who had been waiting until the final four to truly show his malice. The hobgoblin, bored why the massive blowout taking place, will toss random pumpkins at Hulk, just to toy with him before Megatron blasts said Hulk into dust.

Again, there's too much evil to overcome for your league of do-gooders.
How in the world can anyone say Luke and Vader is a draw. Vader DIED for his son. Your Evil master has a hero's heart. And his heart beats for his son, Luke. This is no contest.

And again, my team is not afraid of your little lizard drawing. Aquaman will splash some water on him and poof, he's gone.

Also, how will your island exist if Aquaman and the Sea attack from underneath by drilling holes and causing your island to self-destruct.

You also showed no way in stopping X, who will gladly eliminate Sephiroth before he can do any damage at all.

Luke and Hobgoblin can battle in the sky, of course with Luke using The Force to eliminate him.

And everyone seems to forget that Jack can fight too. ;)

[yt=The Fighting Skills of Captain Jack]DmIwijaAJ_o[/yt]

Last edited:
I think I clearly laid out how I would defeat his team using my original strategy quite well. Manipulation. As far as the public opinion poll thing goes, I am just trying to drive home that this is a weakly drafted team; no soul, no thought, just some time on the internet google searching the word "Indestructible". My team has a specific strategy to victory that I do not think NME can counter. With Dr. Manhattan disinterested, his team would lose. My strategy is a solid strategy for taking over the earth and NME has no counter for it.

I laid it all out here giving each of his heroes full respect: http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=635105&postcount=7
Quite the contrary, my team was very carefully chosen to represent a balance of different disciplines and areas of expertise, while at the same time backing it up with the power to act upon their knowledge.

Quite the contrary, my team was very carefully chosen to represent a balance of different disciplines and areas of expertise, while at the same time backing it up with the power to act upon their knowledge.
Knowledge? Who is the master strategist on this team?

So you have no counter for my strategy? Looks like you are destined to fail here. Also, if you attack a sitting Senator (Palpatine) it is your team the Earth will see as evil, not mine. If I wanted to win a mere beat-em-up competition, I would have drafted a bunch of omnipotent nameless boneheads who have no real place in the comic universe like you did, instead, I thought I would follow the idea of the draft and that idea was to take over the world.
Mr. Majestic is a scientific genius himself with access to technology that is far beyond what Osborn has ever encountered. The moment Manhattan's time perception is a bit fuzzy, Majestic determines the cause and builds a machine in nanoseconds to counter your tachyon generator.

Majestic can likewise build a machine in the next few more nanoseconds to reverse your ozone machine, while Isis's environmental control powers reverse the effects of the global warming, and Dr. Fate assists on both fronts with a variety of spells. Meanwhile, Psylocke determines the location of your machines and Ion is dispatched to blast them apart.

In the Watchmen-verse, it took Dr. Manhattan three decades to become disinterested with humanity. You ain't got that kind of time.

Mr. Majestic is a scientific genius himself with access to technology that is far beyond what Osborn has ever encountered. The moment Manhattan's time perception is a bit fuzzy, Majestic determines the cause and builds a machine in nanoseconds to counter your tachyon generator.

Majestic can likewise build a machine in the next few more nanoseconds to reverse your ozone machine, while Isis's environmental control powers reverse the effects of the global warming, and Dr. Fate assists on both fronts with a variety of spells. Meanwhile, Psylocke determines the location of your machines and Ion is dispatched to blast them apart.

In the Watchmen-verse, it took Dr. Manhattan three decades to become disinterested with humanity. You ain't got that kind of time.
Mr. Majestic would not save Manhattan... In his egotistical mind he woudl think: "why should I, the Earth really only needs me to save it. Now I can be most powerful."

And I never created an ozone machine... global warming is real and my team is trying to help the world save itself; your use of super-powers only makes the problem worse. How insensitive to the needs of mother Gaia!

Too bad you don't have any proton guns on your team; additionally, Gozer is already here and on my island, no gate needed. Regardless, you somehow doubt Apocalypse could bring Gozer to the Earth?
Like I said, it's childsplay for Manhattan or Ion to generate the necessary proton frequency. Or Mr. Majestic builds the same guns if you insist. Dr. Fate can just as well find a spell to banish Gozer, as the cumersome mechanism for her summoning is well known.

Knowledge? Who is the master strategist on this team?
Try reading my writeup. Mr. Majestic has thousands of year of experience in warfare. The expertise of all my members are laid out, including Fate's thousands of years of mystical knowledge and Isis's Wisdom of the Gods.

Mr. Majestic would not save Manhattan... In his egotistical mind he woudl think: "why should I, the Earth really only needs me to save it. Now I can be most powerful."

And I never created an ozone machine... global warming is real and my team is trying to help the world save itself; your use of super-powers only makes the problem worse. How insensitive to the needs of mother Gaia!
You're just making up random stuff now. Majestic has gone to great lengths to defend the earth many times. Your premise that global warming has somehow progressed to the point that heroes are shunned without you doing anything to advance it, and that the heroes would just run away and hide in shame is likewise random and illogical. Regardless, you've chosen to use that strategy against heroes with the abilities to do something about that global warming.

Like I said, it's childsplay for Manhattan or Ion to generate the necessary proton frequency. Or Mr. Majestic builds the same guns if you insist. Dr. Fate can just as well find a spell to banish Gozer, as the cumersome mechanism for her summoning is well known.
Moot point. Gozer is already on my island. It would like if I said you have to first defeat Oblivion for your to use Ion... Gozer is here and you cannot stop a god from destroying the earth.

You're just making up random stuff now. Majestic has gone to great lengths to defend the earth many times. Your premise that global warming has somehow progressed to the point that heroes are shunned without you doing anything to advance it is likewise random and illogical. Regardless, you've chosen to use that strategy against heroes with the abilities to do something about that global warming.
Well, respected Senator Palpatine and top scientist Norman Osbourne have given evidence that the use of super powers makes the global warming process speed up considerably and the best thing the humans can do to save themselves is to insist super powers stop being used and ask the supers to leave earth for good. SO now you want to use your super powers to "help" the Earth again; speaking on behalf of the people of Earth, Senator Palpatine says "No Thank you".