Harrison Barnes

Barnes is just completely unclutch. It will always matter how you do in the big moments. Barnes is overall a good player, just chokes at every chance. Tons of players like this.

That's one of those "stats" that are totally meaningless. The Kings are 0-6 at G1C when I've been in the building. Is it my fault?
Not meaningless. Last season he started his kings stint horribly and helped tank the playoff hopes. He didn't pick up until late in the year when there was little chance the team would make it.

This season he's been consistently I consistent, looking like a number one option one game and disappearing the next. He's never really been a player who either elevates his teammates or generates wins. I never understood vlade's infatuation with him

The Mavs won the Jackson trade, pretty amazing the unwinnable they won and the one time the Kings could not lose they lost.

Again Barnes is less athletic Jeff Green with better range, the same Jeff Green that tanked the Memphis Grizzlies and has been kicked off nicely of multiply teams cause of his lax play.

That's one of those "stats" that are totally meaningless. The Kings are 0-6 at G1C when I've been in the building. Is it my fault?
It's not totally meaningless like you showing up in the building is. You have no affect on the Kings record. Harrison Barnes does. He's not solely to blame (obviously), but he's certainly a big part of it since he's one of the key players on the team that often plays the most minutes on a nightly basis. He's part of the bigger problem of us paying a bunch of veterans a ton of money not to have an impact on the game.

Dudes ass a zero but he had like 3 good games in a row and some mocked dallas for trading him, dudes a scrub. Literally cost a 73-9 team a championship laying bricks with his man standing nowhere near him

You can't ignore facts just because they don't support some sort of narrative. The Kings best 5 man combos are mostly small ball teams that prominently feature Harrison Barnes in them. Next to Ariza the team is dangerous according to advance stats. Barnes like any non universally great player has to be used correctly but what he brings you can't always see unless you're watching him. He's super solid defensively. You won't notice that however because of how flawed some of the Kings concepts are. Even during the Kings run early they gave up huge chunks of the floor. Teams are simply now taking what they're being given and in the process the Kings are free falling down the ladder in the west.

Barnes should have minimal minutes with Fox and Bagley. He is an anti-pace kind of player. He can play well with Bogi/Dedmon/Joseph group when half court is the game.

The coaching staff does not seem to know their rooster.

I guess being the highest paid player on the team is a big factor why he has to run with Fox/Bagley crew.

It should be Fox/Buddy/Ariza/Bagley/Holmes Or Bjelly. And Bogi/Barnes/Cojo/Dedman crew

Meh. I still like Barnes. Overpaid but he's a role player he's supposed to be the what? 5th option.

Problem is the 1,2,3 and 4th guy arent doing enough. One of them injured too.

Can't knock fox over the last few games mind you.

Meh. I still like Barnes. Overpaid but he's a role player he's supposed to be the what? 5th option.

Problem is the 1,2,3 and 4th guy arent doing enough. One of them injured too.

Can't knock fox over the last few games mind you.
You can't be a 5th option and getting paid 20million unless your giving god level Draymond Green in his prime defense/passing, the reason 1-4 is not doing enough is cause we pissed away money on Hield/Barnes instead of actual 2-4th options and therefore bench players are now our 2-3 options.

The Kings would be better off with the previous Barnes (Matt) we had.

Last edited:
I mean... this league counts wins and losses as meaningful so... "totally meaningless" ....? Wow. I get it, it's a team game. Barnes plays significant minutes on this team, so I'm thinking his presence on the court contributes to the wins and losses in some way.

Barnes is an average/maybe slightly below average starter at his position. Nothing more and nothing less. Hes not useless. In the long run he wont lose you games but he also wont win you games. Hes legit wing sized, an average shooter, an average defender, below average passer and he can give you some low efficency iso shots. He is overpaid a lot, not a little, a lot. A team really shouldnt pay average starters that type of money before they are truly ready to compete, especially since there is zero upside in Barnes, he is what he is and most likely wont develope anymore.

We are paying 24mil/year to an average starter in Barnes and 26mil on average starter in Hield next year. We are also paying 37mil/year on about average bench players (Dedmond, Joseph, Ariza) Thats too much and signings like that make it hard to put together a competent team. These signings take up most of the cap space, they are good enough to keep you out of top of the lottery but not nearly good enough for your team to be a serious contender if you dont have true all stars in your team.

Focusing blame on Harrison Barnes when a team is losing, is a waste of time.
It like looking for your lost wallet where the light is better.
I like Harrison Barnes.

Last edited: