Happy Anniversary Monarchs Fans

Had a VERY crappy day today or else I would have remembered to post this earlier.

I was reminded this morning that September 20th should have a very special meaning to us Monarchs Fans. Today marks the one year anniversary of a very special night in the 10 year history of this franchise.

So to all my fellow fans, happy anniversary!! (should have taken the day off today to fully celebrate the occasion.got'dangit ::footstomp:: ;))

Thanks for posting this, MBF!! I remembered that it was the anniversary last night, but I didn't have computer access to post. Wow, what a special memory that was. I can still see all the confetti raining down, the shiny silver trophy being hoisted, all the screaming and noise celebrating. Someone with more access than me needs to post a big picture of the championship ring.

I am Still Bitter...

I know I should be into the aniversary, but knowing that we should be having Two Still leaves a Bad taste in my mouth...

But I will think back on this and Smile at some point. Plus I have my Faux Ring that is a constant reminder. It was a very good Night tho...
Couldn't talk, Ears ringing, great Company, Attractive Wait staff...

Yeah it was a good day.

But I am still Bitter...

:Confused Look: What am I Doing Wrong???

BTW... Shout out to the Lil Man Who Just made 1 year Old today. Mama B's lil Brother is a championship baby.

Happy Birthday Lil Man...

I'd like to keep this thread as just a happy anniversary thread of the Monarch's first championship. There are plenty of other threads in which to vent about this past season.

That was venting? I believe we could do both here...as the author of the thread, I'm cool with the emotions since I started it by venting about my day yesterday.

Anywhoooo....yessir...happy birthday lil man. :)

Where did you hang out last year Luv13? You seem to have a radar for attractive waitstaff ;)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I don't care if it was venting or not. There is room for all opinions here. No thread can stay absolutely on topic all the time. Sheesh!:mad:

Happy Anniversary, Everyone! And, Happy Birthday, Lil Man!!

Last edited:
First of all, before I forget, a Happy B-Day to Mama Bristow's lil bro!

And a Happy Anniversary to us Monarchs fans! Yeah, we fell a bit short of achieving the ultimate prize this year. Instead of muttering what could've been, or should've been, or this or that and the other thing, we can all take some solace in two big things:

...We saw our gals win the 2005 Championship...

...and nobody can ever take that away from us!!!

:)

The lil man did turn 1 today. He stole about half of my chocolate shake tonight at dinner too.

Last year I was still on the championship high and making my way to the hospital at about 7 am to see how everyone was doing... and then making sure that I'd be able to make the championship parade later that evening.

The party at Arco was one to remember, and I'm pretty sure I was a part of the after party too... because I think I remember watching Nancy Lieberman with the foam finger on the Sportscenter highlights while sitting in the restaurant. I remember not being able to hear much and not really caring. That was definitely a night to remember.

Time sure does fly.

(What a lucky little guy to have such a cool sister...Happy 1st Birthday.)

Thanks for starting the thread MBF...The memories will forever be ours,
The players , fans, & The city of Sacramento. I remember having no voice the next day. Along with a hop in my step all year long. The ring, championship banner, the tee's, photo's., especially mine posing with the trophy! I could go on, but I really am proud to be a Monarch fan & to have great fans ,as friends.
Happy Anniversary Monarchs!

All these postings make me sad :( b/c i had JUST missed the game. i thought for sure they were gonna sweep the series, so i bought tix for game 3! (this yr i was there for game 4) i really hope i get to have the experience u guys had someday (next year to be more specific ;) ) but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MONARCHS 2005 all the way live! lol

Yeah and So does Lil Man

Hey Birthday Shout outs to Lil Man who turns 2 as well.

Goodness We may have to start calling him Big Man pretty soon. I think he is bigger than Mama now.

Ahhh yes, the Lil Monster did indeed turn two today which means it has been two years since parade day. The championship celebration seems like it was so long ago... (so do the days where the Lil Monster was a sweet lil baby who slept all day...)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Ahhh yes, the Lil Monster did indeed turn two today which means it has been two years since parade day. The championship celebration seems like it was so long ago... (so do the days where the Lil Monster was a sweet lil baby who slept all day...)

Yes! Now he has entered his "terrible two's." But, he's still a cutie.

Happy Anniversary, Monarchs' Champions!

Just wait MB...the best is yet to come, when little bro gets into your stuff!
Better keep your door closed when he visits your crib;)

Happy anniversary Monarchs...you have made the people of SacTown very proud...you'll always be Champions in our eyes.

Yes! Now he has entered his "terrible two's." But, he's still a cutie.
Cutie indeed, especially when he busts out the smile. Belated Happy Birthday lil man! :)

Make sure man who is little realizes that the terrible twos do NOT extend past one calendar year. My nephew kept applying to the Board of Toddlerization for extensions each year and getting them until we caught onto his scheme. ;)

Ya know, I still have a ziplock bag filled with confetti from the floor. Fill it with air, give it a good shake - Instant Championship snowglobe![/SIZE]

And i've still got some empty ziplocks to fill....

Does it ever grow old? Hell no it doesn't......therefore

Happy Anniversary Monarchs Fans! :)

While the ultimate gift to us and this team would be at least a couple more wins, especially on this day of all days...;) I went searching for what gift we are supposed to receive in accordance with traditional/modern gift guides...

Wouldn't you know it...I find this?

3rd WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
Traditional Anniversary Gift: Leather
Modern Anniversary Gift: Crystal/Glass
Methinks this is a sign from Naismith that one #42 would be a good Pick One Challenge selection if we were still playing....no?

And this could be a harbinger of good things to come later today....

Go Monarchs!!

And again, Happy Anniversary Monarchs fans, and happy third birthday to the shiny thing encased in glass on the ARCO Concourse and happy birthday eve to the lil man.

Last edited:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Yes!!! It is that wonderful time of year again when we get to reminisce about the big one. So...

Happy Anniversary Monarchs Fans

and

Happy Birthday Lil Man

Thanks for bringing back that positive mojo...those wonderful memories of that special season.

''Once a champion always a champion''!

Now we are on another mission....yes we believe!

Happy Anniversary fans & MSE for staying loyal to one of the original WNBA franchises.....

( MONARCHS=TEAM)

(ps...Happy B.day
to V's little Bro:)

As we once again take a moment to give thanks to the shiny 4 year old which lives in a display case on the ARCO course, we are humbly reminded by the first playoff-less season since 2002 that it's not all that easy to get or even get in the mix to fight for one of those.

Still, the feeling never gets old does it?

May our shiny 4 year old soon have a sibling :)

As perfectly said by 6th....
Wonderfully appropriate, Mr Slim.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY,

MONARCHS FANS!!!

AND

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
LIL MAN!!
That was such a wonderful night. And I have a basketball in a case from that night, to remind me forever. :) If it was easy to win a championship, it wouldn't be quite the same. Our Monarchs really earned it that year.