• IT

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Well, an entertaining up and down game that would have prompted much discussion back when the season was still on, but alas is probably doomed to footnote status as we play out the string here. Some of the more outstanding notes:

1) Ben McLemore played maybe his finest quarter as a King. He scored 11pts in the first quarter + first 20 seconds of the 2nd, but was playing well on both ends. He was 5-8 from the field to start. And then in the final 41 minutes of the game, of which he played 38, he scored 0pts on 0-9 shooting. I'm the grader -- how do you grade that?

2) DeMarcus Cousins entered the 4th quarter suffering from major foul trouble and sitting on 5pts 5rebs. He rentered the game with 10:34 to go in the quarter and us in big trouble. And then in the final 15 minutes of the game he scored 19pts and grabbed 9rebs.

3) Rudy Gay entered the 4th quarter sleepwalking the whole game. He had 8 pts when he reentered with 9:27 remaining in regulation. And so in the final 14 minutes he went on to score 16pts, including multiple clutch shots to carry us in the stretch runs.

4) And all Isaiah Thomas did was record his first career triple double, although it took him until overtime to get it. That feat would not have been possible in any of Isaiah's previous 211 career games, as he also set his career high in rebounds tonight with 11 -- the first double figure rebounding game of his career.

Meanwhile we started strong behind Ben of all people, we were passing and taking care of the ball. Then we faded badly in the middle as Cuz and Gay were absent and our assist/turnover ratio turned pathetic, and finally stormed back to win it down the stretch as those two guys took over the game. Good entertaining game. Just wish it meant something.

Oh, and P.S. I'm going to post some more cool weather pics, even though we won and there is no official theme, just for the hell of it. Can't really do another official weather theme, but they are neat anyway.

Your Consoritum Graders tonight:
Bricklayer
Uncia03
MassacheusettsKingsFan
Capt. Factorial
Henkel

Boxscore

Stats: 38min 24pts (10-17, 0-0, 4-5) 6reb 1ast 3stl 0blk 5TO
Gay ( A ) -- So I’m watching this game focusing on Rudy and I’m thinking to myself…this has to be the most invisible I’ve seen Rudy while in a King’s jersey. He picked up his 2nd foul 7 minutes into the game at which point he was 2-3 for 4 points, but hadn’t really touched the ball or been involved much to that point. Malone sent him to the bench where he stayed until mid-way through the 2nd half. So he comes in sitting on 4 points, and immediately turns the ball over on a travel 25 feet away from the basket. In the next minute he takes two more shots, picking up another 2 points then doesn’t do anything else for a few minutes and Malone pulls him again, as he just wasn’t doing much out there.I figure that starting the 2nd half he’d get more aggressive and perhaps make an impact on the game, and I was wrong. He didn’t get his first shot up until 5 minutes had gone by, where he took two pull-ups which missed with-in a minute of each other. He finally found himself at the rim where he scored, then proceeded to miss a chippie dunk under the basket and was pulled with 2 minutes left in the quarter. So I was expecting him to come out aggressive and instead he scored only 2 points on 4 shots in 10 minutes of play leaving him sitting with a very sad 8 points on 8 attempts going into the 4th quarter.
So, why in the world, with such anemic play does he earn his high grade? Well he hadn’t been terrible, but he had been pretty invisible by our standards of him, and then Malone put him back in the game with 9 minutes left. He proceeded to do pretty much nothing out there till five minutes were remaining and then…well, let’s just say that he absolutely exploded. It was as if he flipped a switch and decided that he didn’t want his team to lose. And so…he just went bonkers. He scored 10 points in the last 5 minutes of the game while not missing a shot. He then scored the game tying shot with 5 seconds left to send the game into overtime. What was interesting about all of his scoring was that absolutely nothing was being set up for him. He got the ball with a live dribble out at the top of the key and then used screens to get space to either pull-up for the jumper or to get to the rim and finish with those long arms of his. His play carried the Kings into the overtime and he was fantastic. In overtime the Kings decided to feed the hot hand, but the first minute was tough for Rudy. He missed the first shot of overtime (which if it had happened in regulation the game would have been over) then turned the ball over on an offensive foul when he hit Ariza in the head while driving to the basket. So it looked as if he had cooled off. But once again, with the Wizards closing in on the victory, Rudy stepped up one more time. With the game tied and 1 minute remaining Rudy drove into the lane and banked in a one-handed floater to send the Kings up by 2. When the Wizards tied up the game, he went right back down the court and knocked down another shot with 30 seconds left to put the Kings up and they never looked back. There were some warts to the game. He was pretty invisible on the offensive end till 5 minutes left in the game, and he wasn’t really touching the ball all that much, so he didn’t have his usual number of assist opportunities. He also had far too many turn-overs, but a couple were of the offensive-foul variety, so they don’t look as bad as they could have. He also played very good defense against Ariza who pretty much did nothing the entire game except hit a prayer of a shot with the clock running down after very good defense by Rudy. But in the end, the Kings won because Rudy decided with 5 minutes left that he wanted them to win, and he carried the scoring from that point forward. I mentioned it before, but really the most impressive thing was that there wasn’t an offense that was being run for Rudy, he just attacked and scored beating the Wizards defense time and time again. --Uncia

Lightning over hong Kong

Stats: 25min 7pts (2-5, 0-0, 3-4) 10reb 0ast 2stl 0blk 0TO
Evans ( C+ ) -- Reggie Evans was serviceable tonight, which really is something you could say most nights. He rebounded well as usual, and as a team the Kings outrebounded the Wizards 57-41 … Evans certainly deserves some credit for that. Outside of that rebounding, he once again surprised me with a few good post moves inside, scoring on one of them and getting fouled on another. Of course, this lead to a couple more post attempts that didn’t go as well, and there was a few instances of Reggie trying to do a little too much offensively. It wasn’t a big deal, but it was noticeable. And despite his personal rebounding numbers, I thought he could have done a better job boxing out Trevor Booker and the other Wizards bigs. His defense on Booker wasn’t great, either, as he appeared to be out of position on multiple defensive possessions. I’d say he was still a positive contributor, though, and his board work meant a little more tonight than it might in other games due to DeMarcus Cousins’ foul trouble.--Mass

Beautiful supercell near Glasgow, Montana, 2008. Just so long as you keep it well in your rear view mirror.

Stats: 30min 24pts (9-17, 0-0, 6-11) 14reb 3ast 1stl 0blk 4TO
Cousins ( F/A ) -- Cousins was dismal for most of the game tonight. The arena was flat, the team was flat, he was flat, and he was in foul trouble with two fouls in the first 8 minutes, only made worse by picking up a charge and a shooting foul in the first two and a half minutes of the second half. He returned early in the fourth quarter, fumbled the ball twice and then, in a moment you have to cherish because it will never happen again, allowed the 78-year-old Drew Gooden to drive around him from the three-point line all the way to the rim with DeMarcus' feet just nailed to the floor. No, seriously, Gooden will never drive from the three-point line to the rim again in his career. Cousins was basically blowing this game off, and after 18 minutes of playing time he had 7 points, 5 rebounds, 4 turnovers, and 4 fouls (and I think two of those rebounds were generous, as I only counted three). Then came the watershed moment. With the Kings down 8 and about 7:35 on the clock, we blew the pass on a 4-on-1 break leaving the Wizards going the other way 4-on-1 against nobody but Isaiah. IT planted himself outside the restricted area and somehow managed to draw a charge on Bradley Beal despite Beal having two good passes that would have resulted in layups. The crowd got into it, the team got into it, and Cousins got into it. He scored six points in quick succession and led the charge that woke the whole team up. And with the game in dire straits with the Kings down 5 points with only 20 seconds on the clock, Cousins grabbed a long offensive rebound and gave the ball to IT for the three that eventually allowed us to force overtime. In OT, Cousins scored the first four points (seven total) and collected five rebounds, four on the offensive end. His line after IT drew the charge? 12.5 minutes, 17 points, 9 rebounds, 0 turnovers, 1 foul. Even though he wasn't the MVP down the stretch (that goes to Gay in my eyes), he was huge anyway, and I just can't grade the two "halves" of his night as one. They were completely different. --Capt.

Funnel cloud bearing down on a farm in Osage, Iowa in 2008

Stats: 50min 11pts (5-17, 1-7, 0-0) 5reb 2ast 0stl 0blk 3TO
McLemore ( B- ) -- this grade is a bit of a gift given the devolution into a another 5-17 night that actually lowered his season percentages, but the gift, such as it is, is due to this: for about 15 minutes it was there. For the first quarter and first few minutes of the 2nd, not only might it have been Ben's best 15min of the season, but he was our best player out there. It probably started with offense, where he actually was still making some of the same sorts of mistakes -- missed an early tip, his first jumper, missed another finish and was 1-4 to start the game -- but somehow the makes mattered more this time He had a nice take in the open court, waiting and then surging with Wall on his shoulder. Hit an in rhythm jumper off a handoff from Cuz, got a floater to go from the left side, got his feet set for a three. Maybe it was being home after the long road trip and the home semi-crowd. For whatever reason, in the early going here he seemed to feed more off the hits than he suffered from the misses, and the confidence spillover was remarkable. He wasn't really the reason Bradley Beal got off to a terrible start -- indeed Beal was missing everything, including the open looks he got around Ben. But Ben's defense was notably attentive. He got beat here and there, but he also had some good stands, and in general it wasn't close to the play after play beatdown he has so often suffered this year. The energy also flowed into other areas, where in the early going Ben was using his athleticism to really help on the defensive glass and fight around the offensive boards, including hopping in there to wrestle with Gortat for one or two. He wasn't dominant, but in some ways that's a good thing. I never trust bad players having dominant little stretches. too clearly just a moment, But what Ben was in the early going was confident, aggressive, and just playing like a solid NBA guard who knew what he was doing and was having a good quarter. That may be faintish praise, but for Ben its almost unprecedented, and he was getting it done.
Well...things went downhill from there. First note is this: perhaps not wanting to break the spell, Malone just entirely eliminated the backup SG from his roation tonight. No Outlaw, no Johnson. Pure three guard rotation with Ben, IT and McCallum backing up both. And so he left Ben in and in trying to milk his good run and not break it with a bench stint. Ben didn't look tired, I don't think it was that, but slowly things began to unravel. He missed a shot, then another. Rather blatantly you could see him doing a heat check of sorts, feeling so good about himself that he started trying things that he can't do and racking up turnovers as our offense stalled out. And somehowere along the line the confidence wavered, the smile got a little uncertain, and each successive missed shot got uglier until eventually he was just praying and throwing up backboard breakers that would make Reke wince. But still as the game went along we played him and played him and played him until he completely disappeared. For the remainder of the game he would miss his final 9 shots, he would grab no more rebounds at all, he would basically cease to exist again. And unfortunately the defense got less confident as well as Beal began to get a little on him, and he flat had a lousy spell against the Wizards cagey vets in the late third, including a 4pt play by Martell Webster, and a bait the rookie into flying foul on Andre Miller right at the 3rd quarter buzzer. He lost track of Beal on the go ahead three at the 1:45 mark. Missed a flip attempt in the lane at the 1:20 mark, and if that sounds like he was too involved, he really wasn't. Its just whenever he was involved at that point it was in a bad way. But he came back to play good defense as the Wizards try to win the thing, and if he was invisible in the overtime, that was a good thing as he was ignored while Cuz and Gay did their things. So...well, 1 quarter and a bit more of strong play. Another 36min of typical non-play therafter. But there was a moment in this one when the #7pick in the draft was actually on the court, and with Gay sluggish and Cuz in foul trouble, that helped us get off to a start. So this grade recognizes that.--Brick

Flash flood in Jammu, India, 2012. I'm sure its just the perspective, but sure doesn't look like where you want to be standing.

Stats: 43min 24pts (6-16, 2-7, 10-10) 11reb 10ast 0stl 1blk 4TO
Thomas ( A ) -- Impressive all around effort in route to his first career triple double. Started off by deferring to Cousins and Gay in the early going with just one attempt, a missed transition layup, during the early minutes of this one. Pick up his first basket off the ball when Cousins found him curling through the lane for the layup. Once Cousins sat with foul trouble began to take a bigger role on the offensive side with impressive results. Was finding open shooters and being reward as they, namely McLemore, managed to knock down their open looks. More aggressive finding his own shot as well as he was having little trouble getting past Wall. On the other he turned in one of his better performances. Did a nice job challenging around the basket against the much bigger Miller and Wall. of course it helps that he got a much larger dose of Miller than would normally be expected but he played a role in that too. Finished the quarter on a strong note as he manage to knock down a dubious transition three and a impressive take to the basket against a over match Andre Miller. Had his roughest stretch when he reentered late second. Cousins couldn't stay on the floor and things were beginning to unravel as the Wizard got back into this one with Wall leading the way. While it was mostly a quite stretch for Isaiah, he did draw a couple of fouls on Wall in the final minutes of the half. The Kings didn't come out of the half with any rhythm as we were turning the ball over constantly without much in the way of ball movement. And with Cousins in foul trouble this one suddenly felt like it had the potential to get away from us. Luckily things were evened out a bit when Wall found himself in foul trouble after a soft flagrant on JT shortly followed by another foul on Thomas. Unfortunately Isaiah's jumper abandoned him in the third. Still had an impact as he started to find guys while hustling for boards along with solid defense on the elderly Andre Miller. Only took two shots in the fourth, both of which coming in the final 30 seconds. Help turn the momentum to close this one out by setting up Cousins and by standing his ground on a four on one break, drawing the offensive foul on Beal. Found himself open with 20 seconds left in the fourth and came up short, luckily Cousins grabbed the long rebound and kicked it back out as Isaiah knocked down a crucial three. Just like he had done all night he deferred to Cousins and Gay to close this one out. Didn't get a shot up, but managed to draw another foul on Wall, this time of the offensive variety as he was knocked down after beating Wall to his spot. Tracked down a couple more rebounds as well as a nice pass down low to Cousins to wrap up the triple double and the win. Took a back seat with Cousins and Gay on the floor while still finding ways to contribute passing, rebounding, and even defending. Then picking his spots to be aggressive when it was called for. So for tonight at least it's safe to say he thrived as the third option.--Henkel

Lightning hits Denver 2008. Did not even know that many simultaneous strikes could happen over a small area. The thunder must sound like you are under artillery attack.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Bench

Stats: 32min 8pts (2-5, 1-2, 3-4) 1reb 2ast 2stl 0blk 2TO
Williams ( D+ ) -- I’m not really sure what to say about Williams in this one. He got a lot of minutes due to Rudy’s early foul trouble, and then later Rudy’s uninspired play. Coming in he immediately gave Ariza too much room as he ‘helped’ no-one which gave Ariza the space needed to knock down a 3. He then played better defense after that. He attacked the rim a couple of times and hit 3 of his 4 free throws. But mostly he was just spacing the floor. He only got 2 floor spacing 3pt attempts and he knocked down one of them. He just didn’t get a lot of scoring opportunities taking only 5 shots in over 30 minutes. He didn’t rebound at all. He was just sort of out there. It was tough because Rudy was out there and being invisible until the end of the 4th quarter, and Williams played the entire 4th quarter and over-time and he was even more invisible, but unlike Rudy didn’t have a re-appearing act. He wasn’t much involved in the offense and he didn’t get crushed on defense, he just didn’t stand out, and unfortunately he also didn’t really contribute. IT had 10 rebounds and probably a good portion of that was due to Williams being invisible on the boards. So he was invisible on both the offensive end and the rebounding, so he will be docked for that. --Uncia

Great perspective on this shot of that beach in Portugal with the world's largest waves. Umm...

Stats: 23min 10pts (4-6, 0-0, 2-2) 5reb 0ast 0stl 1blk 1TO
Thompson ( B ) -- I think most of us have an ideal role for Jason Thompson, and that is as a third big who can come in off the bench and swing between the 4 and 5. He’s been playing in that role for a few games now, and I’d say he’s proving how effective he can be as that player. Of course, the bigger issue is that despite coming in off the bench, he’s still the Kings best big outside of DeMarcus Cousins. The Kings still need to find that defender to put next to Cousins, but I digress. Thompson was very assertive on offense tonight, and he led the Kings bench in scoring with 10 points in just 23 minutes. He really had the jumper going tonight. His board work was also solid, and I’m actually a bit surprised Malone didn’t let him play more minutes in this one. It wasn’t all good, though. He had a few mental mistakes, including an inbounds pass right to a Wizards defender who promptly scored, and a failed box out of Drew Gooden on a free throw at the end of a quarter, which Gooden tipped in for 2. His defense also wasn’t as good as it could have been, and had a hand in the big night Gooden would go on to have. So it wasn’t perfect by any means, but I liked most of what I saw outside of those mental errors JT has every so often. --Mass

Japan's Sukurajima Volcano generating powerful electrical discharges as it erupts. Pretty sure what happens next is Godzilla climbs out of the caldera.

Stats: 12min 2pts (0-2, 0-0, 2-2) 4reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 0TO
Acy ( INC ) -- In an act of mercy, I will decline to give Acy a grade tonight - he certainly didn't earn a good one. For the most part he was invisible on both sides of the court. Perhaps the only notable thing involving Acy was the period at the end of the third quarter when he was brought in to "guard" Trevor Booker. For some reason Acy studiously maintained a ten-foot distance away from Booker, backing away from him any time Booker dared to move towards the paint as if he were at a Catholic school dance and one of the referees was a nun carrying a large, invisible yardstick. Even so, he showed absolutely no ability to give a little help on a drive that came within three feet of him. Didn't even turn his head to look. I'm about to talk myself into giving Acy a grade after all, so I'd best stop now while he's ahead. --Capt.

Giant duststorm about to envelop Khartoum, Sudan, 2007

Stats: 13min 7pts (2-2, 2-2, 1-2) 1reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 1TO
McCallum ( C ) -- Despite the result I felt like Ray and the bench played with good energy to start the second, but they were just outmatch by a group of crafty veterans. Had a few good moments and managed to knock down both his open looks but struggled at times to run the offense. Luckily the coaching staff isn't ask him to do too much. Still can force things and has trouble creating for himself or teammates, which was evident tonight. He's got plenty of time to make progress of course and on the bright side he's becoming consistent with the jumper to go along with the defensive effort which has always been there --Henkel

You should not be standing there. People watching Tavurvur volcano go up near Rabaul New Guinea in 2006. And volcanoes in that part of the world are not friendly Hawaiian style let's stand over here and watch the lava volcanoes. They are stratovolcanoes that go boom in a large way. Think Krakatoa.

Last edited:
Nice game (in the end) by so-called Big 3. BenMac was very good early, fading seriously as game went along but was picked up by RayMac and IT - staying solid throughout. Rudy was extremely clutch down the stretch and without him it would have never gotten to OT. I saw IT carry game ball off the court at the end for his trophy case and that's OK - but Rudy was player of the game.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

First, let me say....COUSINS IS A BEAST
Seriously, this guy is clutch in the 4th man. There are very few players that can come into the game and just completely turn things around for his team.

Honestly, if Wall didn't foul out, we would have lost this.
Seems like down the stretch, we'll be drafting Cauley Stein after all. No complaints here :)

Glenn

Hall of Famer
This is a poor run down of the game but maybe it's the best that could be done. It paints IT as the hero although the stats say something different and as a oh, by the way, kind of thing say that Rudy and Boogie chipped in.

"Sacramento also got solid performances from Rudy Gay with 24 points and 6 rebounds, and DeMarcus Cousins with 24 points and 14 rebounds."

Really??

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/isaiah-thomas-puts-triple-double-052055306--nba.html

I knew this is the way it would seem to someone who didn't watch the game. Although I suspect Rudy doesn't give a crap that the article didn't mention the way he finished the game, I suspect Boogie would want a bigger amount of credit.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Some quick-and-dirty scoreboard "reverse engineering" seems to indicate he went 17/10, from the fourth quarter on. So, I guess that means he had 7 and 4, through three quarters.
My notes (as his grader tonight) have Cousins at 5 points and "4" rebounds through three quarters. I put the rebounds in quotes because one I wasn't sure should have been credited to Cuz and one was apparently an OReb and missed tip attempt that I didn't notice, which had to be somewhere in the first three quarters for the numbers to add up.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
This is a poor run down of the game but maybe it's the best that could be done. It paints IT as the hero although the stats say something different and as a oh, by the way, kind of thing say that Rudy and Boogie chipped in.
I think it's fair to say that Rudy and DeMarcus didn't even show up to play until almost halfway through the fourth quarter. At least IT was giving effort all night.

K

KingMilz

That's my favourite win of the year what a game!! That was so unlike us since we played hard for most the game great win. IT/Gay/Cuz (the latter two for spurts) were fantastic and I think a lot of contenders are kicking themselves for not signing Drew Gooden the guy has been very good since he got picked up by Washington I suggested at the start of the season we try sign him since I beleive he's better than any PF that has played for us this season. Speaking of PF's JT/Reggie were good I prefer JT off the bench and Reggie starting.

During the game I wanted to plead "please grade Ben NOW" in the first quarter... he was finally going to get a solid grade and I'm rooting so hard for him. Finally finally looked good - I figured he was headed to a career high.

But then all his shots for the rest of the game looked like the kid who had to make a three pointer to win a car - desperate looking bricks - I don't know what to think. I mean those shots all looked horrible when they left his hand as if he was just heaving trying to get it close to the rim.

But then, Ben did a nice job I thought staying after the last play of regulation on defense fighting a screen to get a hand in the shooters face.

Interesting game. It was sort of 2 games in one. The first game lasted for 3 quarters and looked like a Kings loss. The second game started somewhere in the 4th, and it was a seesaw affair that the Kings were able to eek out. Thanks to IT's steady play and Rudy and CUZ's decision to not lose, the game was decided in the 4th. You could see that the Bullets were certain they were going to win the game. They were SHOCKED that it went into overtime, and disgusted that they lost. Beal and Wall are good but they are not great. IT was the best PG on the floor IMHO. Gortat had no chance against CUZ. Truth is only CUZ could stop CUZ, and he did just that for 3 quarters. Good win !!! Lottery positioning be damned !!

That's my favourite win of the year what a game!! That was so unlike us since we played hard for most the game great win. IT/Gay/Cuz (the latter two for spurts) were fantastic and I think a lot of contenders are kicking themselves for not signing Drew Gooden the guy has been very good since he got picked up by Washington I suggested at the start of the season we try sign him since I beleive he's better than any PF that has played for us this season. Speaking of PF's JT/Reggie were good I prefer JT off the bench and Reggie starting.
Not playing for us would he be our best PF. He wasn't interested. We made the mistake once and that was enough. Don't like him because of that.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Regarding IT, Malone said in his postgame that he's sure that triple double of IT isn't going to be his last. Said he's a "warrior."

IT says: SHOW ME THE MONEY!:)

Bricklayer

Regarding IT, Malone said in his postgame that he's sure that triple double of IT isn't going to be his last. Said he's a "warrior."

IT says: SHOW ME THE MONEY!:)
That's very coachlike of Malone and all, but as I mentioned, this was the first time in 211 career games that IT has ever reached double figure rebounds. It was the 12th time he has ever reached double figure assists. The odds of those two events lining up again in the future are not great.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
That's very coachlike of Malone and all, but as I mentioned, this was the first time in 211 career games that IT has ever reached double figure rebounds. It was the 12th time he has ever reached double figure assists. The odds of those two events lining up again in the future are not great.
Just keep on keeping on. The odds weren't great to make the team. The odds weren't great to get playing time. The odds weren't great to strip Tyreke of his starting pg role. The odds weren't great to take the minutes from Vasquez and banish him to Toronto. The odds weren't great to outplay the #1 pick in the entire draft from Cleveland, the #1 draft pick in the entire draft from Washington. The odds weren't great in getting a triple double. Just keep on keeping on, baby. IT says: SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Bricklayer

Just keep on keeping on. The odds weren't great to make the team. The odds weren't great to get playing time. The odds weren't great to strip Tyreke of his starting pg role. The odds weren't great to take the minutes from Vasquez and banish him to Toronto. The odds weren't great to outplay the #1 pick in the entire draft from Cleveland, the #1 draft pick in the entire draft from Washington. The odds weren't great in getting a triple double. Just keep on keeping on, baby. IT says: SHOW ME THE MONEY!
You do realize you sound like you are 12 right?

I liked what he did early playing in rhythm and finishing strong in the paint but he certainly did cool off but overall showed flashes of what we want from him. He needs to work hard this coming summer and get in the weight room as well. He's been thrown to the fire in a lot ways especially at the 2 guard where there is serious competition but I think it will pay off. He needs to master playing off the ball coming off screens hard set his feet and pull the trigger fast E.G Ray Allen.

You do realize you sound like you are 12 right?
Times like this i wish there was a "dislike" button.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Looks like some people are upset IT got a triple double =/
Some people are actually respecting the rarity of the event.

Guys who repeatedly notch triple doubles are players who typically exceed all of the triple double categories with some frequency. Then its just a question of everything aligning on a particular day. IT on the other hand just had his first double figure rebounding game of his career, and he's probably about 1/4 of the way through (even long term little players generally peter out in their early 30s/at about 800 games -- Spud made it 814, Stoudemire made it 878 etc.). Could it happen again? Sure. It could happen to anyone. But IT is a long way from somebody built to rack up multiples.

Do we really have to argue about the frequency in which IT will get triple doubles? Jesus... just enjoy the great game from him! Not everything relating to IT has to be a 2-sided debate.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
You do realize that attitude decreases the chances he stays with us, right?

What's odd is I've seen numerous player fans come here, then become fans of the team, or simply leave when their favorite player moves on. I think you however might be the first long time Kings fan I've seen turn to a player fan and put the team on the back burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.