Grades v. Nuggets 01/09/09

Which of the young Kings bigs do you think will be starting for us in 3 years?

• Hawes & Thompson

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Hawes & Brockman

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Thompson & Brockman

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • only Hawes

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • only Thompson

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • only Brockman

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • none of them

Votes: 19 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. Not impressive to me. He didn't do it with a "numb" elbow, a hangnail, a booboo on his thumb, or half the media attention of Kobe. LAAAME. Tyreke obviously sucks.
Not to mention that he didn't complain to the refs for 2 minutes after the play about how it should have been an And 1. Oh and he didn't yell at his teammates either :D

Not to mention that he didn't complain to the refs for 2 minutes after the play about how it should have been an And 1. Oh and he didn't yell at his teammates either :D
Speaking of not complaining to the refs... did y'all notice Brockman's attitude and body language after they switched that one call down low to a foul on him? I was so impressed by that. THAT is how you earn respect from the refs. Not one iota of complaining, not a whiney face, whiney posture, total professionalism. I think he will lead by example on those kind of things. Damn it's good to have that guy around. I mean the intangibles are just huge.

Speaking of not complaining to the refs... did y'all notice Brockman's attitude and body language after they switched that one call down low to a foul on him? I was so impressed by that. THAT is how you earn respect from the refs. Not one iota of complaining, not a whiney face, whiney posture, total professionalism. I think he will lead by example on those kind of things. Damn it's good to have that guy around. I mean the intangibles are just huge.

give that man an extension RIGHT NOW...

how P.westphal keeps praising brock i can see he is a likable player

give that man an extension RIGHT NOW...

how P.westphal keeps praising brock i can see he is a likable player
We should have given him that extension I suggested we do at halftime of one of his good early games, bout 20 games ago. I suggested 10 years. 3 mil a year. Would you sign him to that right now? I would in a heartbeat.

We should have given him that extension I suggested we do at halftime of one of his good early games, bout 20 games ago. I suggested 10 years. 3 mil a year. Would you sign him to that right now? I would in a heartbeat.
I would sign him in a heartbeat myself.... screw the its a tall man's game....
brockman! i would love you even more if you clocked mr mamba 24 with a hard foul ;)

i swear brockman seems to be the kind of guy you would WANT to play...

"I'm acting like George, why don't you treat me like George," said Westphal, who remained in that same position nearly a minute after the first half ended.

:D

"I'm acting like George, why don't you treat me like George," said Westphal, who remained in that same position nearly a minute after the first half ended.

:D
eh? Yes brock's professionalism was way impressive. He just nodded and walked the other way. I'm beginning to really dislike JT's play as of late. As much as spencer has sucked, when he sucks it's more an effort or missed 3s kinda thing. Some people may feel different but I prefer sucking due to poor shooting than poor bball iq, which is what jt exhibits almost every game. Very much a personal thing of course, but when I see spence being soft i'm like ah whatever. With JT it's just frustrating to see the dumb things he can do, and his complaining or expressions when called for a foul is just annoying. Spencer gets his shots blocked, or is outrebounded, but rarely does he turn the ball over on a retarded move. I was so glad that we finally went to him down low today

way to go kings!

I didn't see this one and I can say I was glad I didn't, way to many close games. I would have probably been frustrated that it was so close again even though we did win. Over all though I am happy to see we won the game, infact very happy.:)

I'm sorry but for those who think Hawes and Thompson will be our starting frontcourt in 3 years don't think we will be contending for a championship or don't have confidence in the front office to upgrade those positions

I'm sorry but for those who think Hawes and Thompson will be our starting frontcourt in 3 years don't think we will be contending for a championship or don't have confidence in the front office to upgrade those positions
Or perhaps they think, just like with any other young player, that they still have much more room for improvement, and as the team grows, they will too.

I missed the match :( **** I have really bad luck with this clutch games, I only end up seeing the ones we lose .

I voted Brockman and Hawes. Brockman is a beast, as long as he plays the way he does I think it's disrespectful not picking him in any poll. I hope he starts to get the minutes he got yesterday.

And bout Spencer... I still think he can improve a lot, as long as his problem is his attitude, not his skills. But who knows...

JT is still too young, and he'll be very solid off the bench, at least. But I don't see him as a starter.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I missed the match :( **** I have really bad luck with this clutch games, I only end up seeing the ones we lose .

I voted Brockman and Hawes. Brockman is a beast, as long as he plays the way he does I think it's disrespectful not picking him in any poll. I hope he starts to get the minutes he got yesterday.

And bout Spencer... I still think he can improve a lot, as long as his problem is his attitude, not his skills. But who knows...

JT is still too young, and he'll be very solid off the bench, at least. But I don't see him as a starter.

So we win all the games that you fail to see. Hmmmmm! Are you bribeable?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Of course! :p For only 1 milllion dollars I promise not seeing the Kings again so they can always win.
Do you accept Monopoly money? It's all the rage over here in the US. People use it all the time instead of the dollar. Honest. Would I lie to you?

Hmm well unless Petrie retires, I'd say Hawes will be the only starter in 3 years. He is a Petrie player and as others have said he is playing one of the hardest positions to fill. If he puts it all together he could be a damn good center. I wish he could rebound tho.... We need an impact player at center or pf....Can Thompson be that guy? He puts up really solid numbers but Im not sure he can will be an impact type guy.

I could not agree more. I voted Brockman and Hawes. I have been calling for Brockman to get the start for some time (I dont think the Kings staff reads this stuff, so I have to assume PW had a stroke of genius on his own...) and I am glad that John did not disappoint! He is clearly our best defender in the post. He makes his presence felt even though he is shorter than most power forwards in the NBA. He has a "WORM" like nose for the ball and a all out, don't give a crap about his body, all out effort toward rebounding.

He his truly a "MONSTER" the way he sells out on every rebound. He out hustles, out muscles, and out plays the people around him for a rebound. He isn't concerned about his offense, the way he looks style wise, or the manor in which he is portrayed as a "Role Player". He just goes in and does his job. And he does it well. Against all odds and despite his physical limitations he excels.

We NEED a player like Brock to do the dirty work. The Kings have always had a hard nosed blue collar player like Brockman to do the dirty work. For a while it was Michael "The Animal" Smith, then it was Scott Pollard. The Kings fans LOVE the blue collar worker mentality of players like John Brockman. It is a reflection of the blue collar identity of the fans. There is nothing better to root for than for an undersized underdog who excels through hard work and determination. I am glad that Brock got the start. I think PW is on to something by starting Brockman who is Hawes's friend. It seems like Brockman plays harder and Hawes plays harder when John starts. The way the Brockness Monster has played recently, the Kings might not need another Big free agent. Petrie is watching this situation closely I am sure. Great JOB by Brockman!!!

Last edited:
Michael Jordan didn't have tattoos did he? You don't need to look like a kiosk to be an NBA star. Less ink for Tyreke!
NBA players could use less ink, less guns, less thugs, less partying all night before games, less me first attitudes, less players who act as if they have arrived before they even begin their journey, less enablers who treat these young men like commodities instead of young males who need guidance, and less marketing that centers on the Stars and not the Teams.

Sometimes LESS is MORE! :D

Amen to that!
I really miss the "yea, it was my fault, so what?" attitude that has been missing around here since the leaving of Doug Christie.

Status
Not open for further replies.